KSP console version US-only?

Chel

Hearing the news of KSP on the Xbox and PlayStation, I went to the Xbox Store. Searching for KSP, I got nothing. I switched my Xbox's location to the US, and searched for KSP, and it was there, available in store for purchase. So, this means that people in the US can get the console version of the game, but people in Australia can't. So SQUAD, and Flying Tiger Entertainment (the company which ported the game to console), when will you be planning to release the game on console to Australia and the rest of the world?

Edited by The_Cat_In_Space

The port work that was done by Flying Tiger Entertainment was so problematic that Squad was forced to end their contract and (probably nearly) start over from scratch. Several months ago Squad began working with Blitzworks for the new version of the port, and work is ongoing. There is no release date at this time as Squad does not typically announce dates before the work is complete.

To elaborate just a bit, the version that is available on the USA store is widely considered buggy/broken to the point of unusable/unenjoyable. There are multiple issues, but the largest one is nearly universal save game corruption requiring a totally new save file after only a few hours of gameplay. If I remember correctly, Flying Tiger Entertainment and Squad did attempt to patch that version, but never seemed able to fix the most major of bugs. In its current state it seems as though everyone is better off not being able to purchase it.

Now, with Blitzworks and help from an additional QA team, Squad has been saying work is progressing well and they're very happy with how things are going so far. They're taking their time for this version, and given the mess that they're trying to move away from it seems like the right decision.

The KSP Weekly that comes out on Fridays in The Daily Kerbal usually has some news regarding the current state of the console version. There's not much to say because very little of the work is new or noteworthy, but they have been mentioning it each week for a while now.

9 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

...and yet they still can.  Money is money after all.

Are you sure? I thought it had actually been pulled from the xbox and ps stores, and what you see there is just a placeholder.

Squad has already said that anyone who purchased the previous console version will be entitled to the new console version free of charge. I believe they even went as far as offering full refunds as well. So, its not like they're scamming anyone with it.

1 hour ago, Johnny Wishbone said:

Are you sure? I thought it had actually been pulled from the xbox and ps stores, and what you see there is just a placeholder.

Squad has already said that anyone who purchased the previous console version will be entitled to the new console version free of charge. I believe they even went as far as offering full refunds as well. So, its not like they're scamming anyone with it.

Of course they're entitled to a working console version of KSP.   That's what they paid for.  Squad shouldn't be applauded for that.

As far as universal refunds and being pulled from the store.  I had not heard things such as these. 

Edited by klgraham1013

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.