[1.9.x - 1.12.x] Fox Defense Contracts - Tank Turrets (BDArmory Plus) Update 2.1 Add More Duct Tape

lancefoxcia

On 7/16/2017 at 10:43 PM, lancefoxcia said:

nIUKWll.png

Fox Defense Contracts is both in itself a mod and an Expansion of BDArmory Continued. The main goal is to add in much more tank turrets for both the ksp war communities and the creative community.

This WIP is soon to have a full official release with a lot of changes coming soon. Mainly QOL and other changes that will bring a bit of freshness to the mod. (I think.) 

I would love to hear suggestions about what to add in and what to change.

Requires: BDAc Project Runway V1.4.0 or later.

Download Here: SpaceDock Link (1.4) Github Releases Link (1.4) - In case spacedock fails

Installation: Delete any existing FoxDefenseContracts and FDC Armor folders. Then drag and drop the new one into the GameData folder. This is to decrease any incompatibility issues or any parts not found issues!

Changelogs: 

Update 1.4 Sweden's Uprising
- Added 9 new turrets (Elden40, Luft42, Luft9040c, Pvkv43, Spjfm43, Strids42Delat, Strids74, Strids101, Stridsvagn122B)
- Ammo box fixes with missing ammo
- Check the Github page for x256 textures for reduction
- Quality of life changes. Such as Placing bullet definitions in respective nations.
- Bullet def changes.

Update 1.2 Germans Strike Back
- Updated to new verions of BDAc Runway Project 1.4 and Above
- Less configs, Less turrets in menu.
- WARNING turrets name have changed so most will not load with old names. Open .craft files and edit the turret names to match new names.
- 7 new tank turrets (DickerMax, Wirbelwind, SdKfz5cm, Ru251, Panzer2C, Leopard2A5, Leopard1) 
- Redesign Flak88
- Removed Pak 36/40
- Bullet def changes
- LEGACY Ammobox Removed

Update 1.1 American Frontier
- New sounds
- New Ammo
- 7 new tank turrets (HSTV-LT, M4 Sherman, M42 Duster, M103, T34, M4A3 Sherman 105, M24 Chaffee) 
- Fixed up Bullet defs for a few tanks
- LEGACY Ammobox for fdc is still in until next release.

*Official 1.0 Release*
- Modern turrets added (M1A2 Abrams, T-64, BMP3, Bradly)
- Reduced amount of CFG files, and reduced their sizes
- All turrets have descriptions
- Ammo Boxes have been changed
-- Legacy Ammo box is still there and will be removed in next update!

Version 0.9.0: General Update, The last WIP update
- More Armor pieces for FDC_Armor, 1x1 half pipe, quarter pipe, 45 degree pipe, 2x1, 0.5, 1.5, variants as well
- Added Landmines (beta test, works relatively well.) 
- Refined folder structure
- Added in AA Variants, 76mm 50mm 40mm and 37mm (Bullet cfg and resources has been added.

Version 0.8.0: Graphics update 2, The Electric Boogaloo
- Mainly went from PNG to DDS (Massive loading and Memory Reduction) 
- Added in The KV-1 Turret as well as M36 Jackson Slugger Turret (With respective Resource and Bullets CFG Changes)
- FDC Armor has some new panels 2x3, 2x4, 2x5, 3x4, 3x5, 4x5, 5x5, 1x5, 1Hx5, Slope1x5, Slope5x5

0.7.5 The Radio and Lights Update
- Some turrets features lights that do shine and track with the turrets movement
- Turrets that have an antenna or module that sticks out like one has a feature to receive radar Data
- License changes.

Version 0.7.0: Graphics update
- Graphics changes for most turrets (Added bumpmapping)
- Added in the Sturm Tiger 380MM canon with BulletCFG and Resources updated
- FDC Armor got some changes to textures, native texture switching. (6 Textures to choose from)

Version 0.6.0: Artillery update
- Fixed some sounds
- Added in 5 new guns (SU-5, SU-14, M41HMC, Sexton, StermPanzer II )
- Updated bulletscfg
- Updated Bullet resources 

Version 0.5.5: Tank Destroyer Pack

- Added in new guns (FCM36Pak, FT_AC, Marder38T, PanzerJager I, StugIII, T3HMC, T56GMC, Tortoise, UC2Pdr, ValentineAT)
- Fixed Batchat25T
- Removed E.R.A part until a fix is made
- Changed a few numbers and variables, so just re-add the turret onto your tank for the changes

Version 0.5: An Epic Update
- Added 26 New Turrets to the mod
- Scaling changes again
- weight and Ammo changes
- Tank turrets added (7tp, amx50B, AmxElcBis, Arl44, Batchat25T, Chi-nu, Chi-Ri, Cromwell, Is-2, M10 Wolverine, M18 Hellcat, MBT-70, O-I, Panther, PantherII, Panzer III ausf J, PanzerIV, Panzer 38T, RenaultFT 13.2mm, ST vz. 39T, Su100Y, T92HMC, T-95, Tiger I, Type-97)
- added a universal Ammo box for FDC
- New armor panels

Version 0.3.4: Compatibility Update
- Updated for BDAc 1.1 and 1.2

Version 0.3.2: Soviet Pack
- Added 6 New Turrets from Mother Russia
- Full Scaling changes across all turrets
- Tank Turrets Added (BT-7, T-34-85, T-44-122, T-54, T-10/IS-8, KV-2)

Version 0.2.3: Semi-Scale Fix (Plus more)

- Added 1 new sound
- Added The FV4005 Stage II Turret (Death in yo face)
- Made some scaling changes to some turrets, expect more in the next update!
- Added an ERA Moduel. Currently it doesn't have much use except for props. Expect  a new BDAc update to make this module functional.

Version: 0.2.0: Bullet variety Update!

- Added M60A3 105MM Turret, and 120MM turret (Stat changes)
- Added Bullet Definitions and Penetration values for all tank turrets
- There are now new bullet types for the older turrets resulting adding tons of turrets for variety. AP, APDS, APC, APCBC, HE, HESH, HEAT, HEATFS, APFSDS, etc

Version: 0.1.1:

- Changed T57 Shell weight, Shell velocity, and minor turret speed changes to Real life values.
- Changed T26E4 Shell weight, Shell velocity, and minor turret speed changes to Real life values.

Version: 0.1.0:

Added:
Lots of Sounds
Crusader
Flak88
IS1
JadgPanther
JadgTiger(128MM)
M3Stuart
Maus
Pak36
Pak40
ShermanFirefly
ShermanJumbo
T26E4
T57
TigerII
TOGII*

More to come!

Videos Featuring my Mod!: 

Reveal hidden contents

and Fall of Kerbin series from Turn 20 and Onward made by Tape Gaming and TheBeardyPenguin!

Lights: These are mainly the turrets that have the lighting system.

Reveal hidden contents

Ql4HLWB.png

Special credit to Kerbin Nerd123 for a lot of the values for tanks turrets such as bullets and turret rotation speed!

License:License

idk why but whenever i use this mod it just refuses to load no matter my KSP verison and i have tried both MOD requirements.... can someone help?

On 5/10/2021 at 1:54 AM, CadMAUS kerHAUS said:

idk why but whenever i use this mod it just refuses to load no matter my KSP verison and i have tried both MOD requirements.... can someone help?

i dont know how to help but i could maybe give you my bda and fox. it works for me

On 5/10/2021 at 1:54 AM, CadMAUS kerHAUS said:

Have you tried running it with module manager, and physics range extender?

1 hour ago, Jamma368 said:

man i wish tape and thebeardypenguin would do fall of kerbin 2 but with this:cry:

Beardy's out on a hand injury, and he has a different collab going rn anways.

1 hour ago, Jamma368 said:

do you think that you will add some tank tracks to this mod?

Just use Kerbal Foundries, it's what everyone else uses.

59 minutes ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Beardy's out on a hand injury, and he has a different collab going rn anways.

Just use Kerbal Foundries, it's what everyone else uses.

i use kerbal foundries but it doesnt feel right

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 10:43 AM, Jamma368 said:

do you think that you will add some tank tracks to this mod?

I wouldn't know where to start with track if you ask me. 
I could look into it sometime in the future? but for now, I wouldn't have any slight idea how it might work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

now that I think of it, can you add smoke grenade dischargers to all the tanks with them? (T-90, Leopard 2A5, Strv 122, ect) or perhaps add a setting to switch between an MG  or smoke dischargers? 

Edited by Kerbal410
I don't want to overwhelm anyone with what I had in mind

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 9:54 AM, Jamma368 said:

this would be sick

Minus the fact that all these turrets would need to be featured in different updates related to the countries that they belong too rather than in one massive one, witch means that we would need to wait a bit to see all of these, including the turret you want to see in the mod

Edited by Kerbal410

On 7/17/2021 at 10:32 PM, Kerbal410 said:

Minus the fact that all these turrets would need to be featured in different updates related to the countries that they belong too rather than in one massive one, witch means that we would need to wait a bit to see all of these, including the turret you want to see in the mod

true but lancefoxcia is a BEAST 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been out of this for a while, but I need to get back into the swing. New job and moved. So I've been out in terms of modding. The British tanks are next in the lineup. But I do want to sprinkle in some other tank turrets too. 

That's a personal update of mine. Adding more pentile guns is planned. Smoke dispenser would need some fixing from the devs of Bdac Runway.

On 9/29/2021 at 7:50 AM, lancefoxcia said:

I've been out of this for a while, but I need to get back into the swing. New job and moved. So I've been out in terms of modding. The British tanks are next in the lineup. But I do want to sprinkle in some other tank turrets too. 

in that case, can you add tank turrets that combine missiles and guns? (like the ADATS, M6 Linebacker and 2K22 Tunguska) or perhaps a turret with just missiles like the AN/TWQ-1 Avenger?

ADATS Short Range Air Defence System - Army TechnologyADATS                                                                                                                        2K22 Tunguska2K22 Tunguska - Wikipedia

M6 Linebacker Air Defense System | Military-Today.comM6 Linebacker                                                                                                  AN/TWQ-1 AvengerAN/TWQ-1 Avenger - Wikipedia

Edited by Kerbal410
If your not sure how to add these then add missile turrets and then have a separate part for the guns.

On 10/2/2021 at 3:00 PM, Kerbal410 said:

in that case, can you add tank turrets that combine missiles and guns? (like the ADATS, M6 Linebacker and 2K22 Tunguska) or perhaps a turret with just missiles like the AN/TWQ-1 Avenger?

ADATS Short Range Air Defence System - Army TechnologyADATS                                                                                                                        2K22 Tunguska2K22 Tunguska - Wikipedia

M6 Linebacker Air Defense System | Military-Today.comM6 Linebacker                                                                                                  AN/TWQ-1 AvengerAN/TWQ-1 Avenger - Wikipedia

I actually just learned how to make missiles not too long ago. Which means I could implement some of these.
For now, I'll send an image of a missile I made. AGM-119 The_Missile_Knows_where_it_is_at_all_tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 5:29 PM, Kerbal410 said:

nice! can you also add  turrets for the Flakpanzer Geopard and Sargant York SPAAGs, the M1128 Mobile Gun System as well as the M163 suggested by Jamma368? sorry if this is too much

yes yes 

now that I think of it, why isn't there a side piece for the quarter and 45 degree pipes?

Edited by Kerbal410
Really hope you add the AN/TWQ-1 Avenger with a .50 M3P machine gun as I just found out it has