[1.9.x - 1.12.x] Fox Defense Contracts - Tank Turrets (BDArmory Plus) Update 2.1 Add More Duct Tape

lancefoxcia

sorry to keep bombarding you with suggestions for parts for this mod (this will probably be my last suggestion for a while) but can you please add a Lynx Rheinmetall Armored Fighting Vehicle and Stryker M1 IM-SHORAD

Edited by Kerbal410

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys, Sorry I have not been around for a while, I would say a lot of things have been happening that slowed things down for me.

Lot of things happened in august like moving into a new home, but more so the upcoming season was getting increasing mentally intensive, and brings me to be tired a lot when I am home. Job being in the I.T Sector and with that comes with working with plants around the US with upgrades and issues. Blah

But not to delay what this thread is about. 

I'll try to pack in a 2.0 update instead of doing small incremental updates per nation. I'll try to see if I can pack in some recommendations here if I can.

With the new BDA patch and the amazing new armor system I found that the armor pieces and turrets in your mod became too heavy.

I experimented a bit and found that about 10% weight for the armor panels was great.

Though you'll have take a look at the turrets weights.

Also some ammo types (only pure ap no explosive) seemed to have really strange penetration amounts. 

The KV-1 turret with normal ap would pen where the apcr wouldn't so i think you have some funky penetration multipliers for some bullets.

Also also it would be really nice if you where to list the ammos pens in the part desciption

• 1 month later...

can you please add a turret for the M109? the one in NKD isn't really working for me. I mean, it is working, but it just doesn't fit in with my other vehicles, all of which have turrets from this mod. a turret for the LAV-25 and LAV-AD would be great as well.

• 1 month later...

I've been away for a while and work has been setting me back with projects.

I've made a lot of promises of doing work, but I'm committing this week to making some sort of update. That or by next week. I'm doing a large update with trying to push many turrets for each nation to least be close to 20 each.
Modern is going to be first in line before doing cold war and then WWII types.

I will be balancing the weights for the new Runway update and bringing back my old prototype ERA.

Along with that a secret turret for fun that I want to design from scratch with it's own 'future ammo' which you may need to activate by the config file.

Along with that, adding the AGM-119 Missile and another secret missile that you might get a laugh at. It has something to do with Agent 47.

Here's an image of a boat that I printed for fun and took it to a lake just to show I'm alive and well. I.T Systems Engineer work is fun and awesome, but I've come to terms that I come home tired, and just sleep.

IMG_20220228_173430968.jpgIMG_20220301_174337393.jpg

On 3/8/2022 at 4:53 AM, lancefoxcia said:

I've been away for a while and work has been setting me back with projects.

I've made a lot of promises of doing work, but I'm committing this week to making some sort of update. That or by next week. I'm doing a large update with trying to push many turrets for each nation to least be close to 20 each.
Modern is going to be first in line before doing cold war and then WWII types.

I will be balancing the weights for the new Runway update and bringing back my old prototype ERA.

Along with that a secret turret for fun that I want to design from scratch with it's own 'future ammo' which you may need to activate by the config file.

Along with that, adding the AGM-119 Missile and another secret missile that you might get a laugh at. It has something to do with Agent 47.

Here's an image of a boat that I printed for fun and took it to a lake just to show I'm alive and well. I.T Systems Engineer work is fun and awesome, but I've come to terms that I come home tired, and just sleep.

IMG_20220228_173430968.jpgIMG_20220301_174337393.jpg

awesome cant wait

Just to expand on what I've mentioned. Here's a screenshot for the update.
Screenshot_3.png

Highlighted in red is some of the new turrets that are close to ready.

But here's the update for new turrets in order.

America
- M109A6
- M163

Britian
- Challenger 2
- Chieftain Mk10
- Comet-1
- Conqueror MK2
- Crusader AA MK2
- Falcon
- Marksmen
- Rooikat ZA-35

China
- PGZ09
- PTZ89
- WMA301
- ZLT11
- ZSD63
- ZTZ99_Stage_III

France
- AMX13-105
- AMX13-FM
- Amx-30 DCA
- AMX-40
- E.B.R
- Leclerc

Italy
- Ariete
- M13/40 (II)
- M14/41
- Centauro 120
- L3/33 CC
- AB 41
- 47/32 L40
- M42 Contraereo
- R3 T20
- OTOMATIC

Japan
- Type 10
- Type 90
- Type 16
- Type 74 (E)
- Type 87 RCV
- Type 87 AA

Sweeden
-Bkan 1C

Just an update, Just got done with the new French tanks, they're added into KSP now.
Hopefully won't take long to do the others. but a lot of ways to go. 

Also, changing all artillery range is changed to 99999 meters to allow them to have their full range. 

Screenshot_570.png

It would be really nice to be able to use your armor camo patterns with the new configurable armor panels. Having every tank be dark gray get stale quickly. I dont really know how hard it would be to make a patch for that but that would be really cool.

9 hours ago, total said:

It would be really nice to be able to use your armor camo patterns with the new configurable armor panels. Having every tank be dark gray get stale quickly. I dont really know how hard it would be to make a patch for that but that would be really cool.

Considering that most use Module Manager, I could make a module manager patch to have them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting closer to pushing the full 2.0 Update, China's vehicles are done and now onto the British vehicles and the one Swedish cannon. 

Other than that, gotta do a major Bullet APmod overhaul as I recently updated my testing pack to the newest BDAc version and noticed quite the disparity between the one I used and the new one.

Overall I'll need to change the math up on my APmod calculator to reflect the new changes, but it wouldn't take but an hour to figure the math out, however it will take hours to fix all the bullets. Maybe Days due to how much research went into most and I don't have the penetration numbers all much anymore for most. 

Other than that, I expect a May release at least and June at most.

• 2 weeks later...

Small update, Porting this update to BDAc Runwayproject 1.5 when it comes out. 
Things been pretty fast. Made some calculators that backports most of my bullet definitions so that I can get the accurate penetration info like I did back then.

2 nations left to get their buffs/debuffs plus Ammo recalculated, Russia and Sweden. 

Also made the MMPatch for the BDA_Armor panels to use the same textures from my mod. 

Updates are under Dev portion of my Github page if you want the latest update before 2.0 is released.
Screenshot_650.png

looks great! just one question, though. can you include that AGM-119 you showed us a while ago in the update as well? I haven't seen anything quite like it.

Edited by Kerbal410

19 hours ago, Kerbal410 said:

looks great! just one question, though. can you include that AGM-119 you showed us a while ago in the update as well? I haven't seen anything quite like it.

it should be in the dev, if not I'll have to see why. 

It's out now.
Update 2.0 Military Expansion
- Added 38 new turrets
- America (M109A6, M163)
- Britain (Challenger 2, Chieftain Mk10, Comet-1, Conqueror MK2, Crusader AA MK2, Falcon, Marksmen, Rooikat ZA-35)
- China (PGZ09, PTZ89, WMA301, ZLT11, ZSD63, ZTZ99_Stage_III)
- France (AMX13-105, AMX13-FM, Amx-30 DCA, AMX-40, E.B.R, Leclerc)
- Italy (Ariete, M14/41, Centauro 120, L3/33 CC, AB 41, 47/32 L40, M42 Contraereo, R3 T20, OTOMATIC)
- Japan (Type 10, Type 90, Type 16, Type 74 (E), Type 87 RCV,Type 87 AA)
- Sweeden (Bkan 1C)
- E.R.A is back and functional
- Bullet Def changes (Plus if you're using the older version of BDAC Runway such as Version: v1.4.6.2 then you'll have that versions Bullet Definitions as well in the github page) 
- Redone Ammo Box Texture
- Added MMPatch for BDAc Armor parts to use FDC armor textures.
- Added AGM-119 Penguin Missile (+ 1 hidden fun missile)
- Lots of balance changes to turret rotation speed, fire rate and other misc stuff
- Removed Sounds (Ready to fire, reloading sounds)