[1.9.x - 1.12.x] Fox Defense Contracts - Tank Turrets (BDArmory Plus) Update 2.1 Add More Duct Tape

lancefoxcia

• 2 weeks later...

I think you need to decrease the heat damage of some bullets.

I put an M3 Stuart vs. another M3 Stuart. They both used BDA's armor. One of them shot the other and the other tank lots a whole bunch of its armor panels, plus the turret disconnected from the hull, so it couldn't shoot.

Btw, what is the armory that TAPE has on his tanks? I cant find it in my game.

Edited by Murican_Jeb

12 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

I put an M3 Stuart vs. another M3 Stuart. They both used BDA's armor. One of them shot the other and the other tank lots a whole bunch of its armor panels, plus the turret disconnected from the hull, so it couldn't shoot.

Armory or Armour?

On 8/19/2017 at 1:02 PM, Murican_Jeb said:

I've noticed this as well. Ever since I put in the bullet definitions for all the bullets. They've increased the amount of heat produced on a part that gets hit. The T26E4 (90MM) for an example went from 21k heat per bullet to 128k heat per bullet.
I'll be contacting BDAc Devs about this. (Video will be posted about this soon) BDA's armor have only a max of 5k heat. What Beardy and tape did was create different tiers of armor with different max heat values.

Also sorry for any delays of new parts or anything at the moment. College started this week and I've been having a hard time trying to focus on getting this mod updated.

Though I am not part of the BDAc team or can speak for them, I believe it's been mentioned that they have found some of these armor inconsistencies and are working on giving it a bit of an overhaul to fix some of these issues.

@lancefoxcia Maybe if they created armor to never explode?

Lets be honest, irl armor shouldn't explode just from a single tanks turret. Sure, it might get deformed, and maybe it will get burn't, but never explode.

Mayve we should make armor have very high heat values, so it doesn' explode, but you can still penetrate it and destroy anything inside.

Btw, maybe the devs themselves could try to make differen't tiers of armour.

2 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

@lancefoxcia Maybe if they created armor to never explode?

Lets be honest, irl armor shouldn't explode just from a single tanks turret. Sure, it might get deformed, and maybe it will get burn't, but never explode.

Mayve we should make armor have very high heat values, so it doesn' explode, but you can still penetrate it and destroy anything inside.

Btw, maybe the devs themselves could try to make differen't tiers of armour.

This is true, however even if the armor can take all the heat. It will spread to other parts of the craft causing them to heat up and eventually you'll have parts exploding inside even if none of the bullets penetrate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2017 at 8:07 PM, HunHarcos said:

Hello there, nice mod, can you resize the M3 stuart turret? And can you make an 1.2.2 version of the mod, with all the new turrets?

The turrets should work in 1.2.2. Resizing all the turrets is something i'm going to do sometime soon. Hopefully within the next month I can get some things rolling again. I got college and now having to deal with hurricanes here in the US.

So hopefully either around october or sometime soon, I can get

-Resize all turrets.
-Add in 3 new guns
-Rebalance the guns
-Hopefully a better ammo system.
That's my plan.

14 hours ago, lancefoxcia said:

The turrets should work in 1.2.2. Resizing all the turrets is something i'm going to do sometime soon. Hopefully within the next month I can get some things rolling again. I got college and now having to deal with hurricanes here in the US.

So hopefully either around october or sometime soon, I can get

-Resize all turrets.
-Add in 3 new guns
-Rebalance the guns
-Hopefully a better ammo system.
That's my plan.

Wishing you all the best! Be safe bro.

Can you add a panzer 3 or 4 turret aswell later on?

On 9/11/2017 at 2:46 PM, HunHarcos said:

Wishing you all the best! Be safe bro.

Can you add a panzer 3 or 4 turret aswell later on?

Hell ya, I had the Panzer 4 turret for a while but I haven't had time to put it in. So yeah, gonna put those in the next update.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys sorry for being a little late to updating this but here's an update for the time being!

Version 0.2.3: Semi-Scale Fix (Plus more)

- Added 1 new sound
- Added The FV4005 Stage II Turret (Death in yo face)
- Made some scaling changes to some turrets, expect more in the next update!
- Added an ERA Moduel. Currently it doesn't have much use except for props. Expect  a new BDAc update to make this module functional.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Version 0.3.2: Soviet Pack
- Added 6 New Turrets from Mother Russia
- Full Scaling changes across all turrets
- Tank Turrets Added (BT-7, T-34-85, T-44-122, T-54, T-10/IS-8, KV-2)

Beta Version for BDAc Beta 1.1 will be out soon as a separate Download.

9 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

T-34/85 turret looks kinda oversized
i compared it's size with an oerlikon skyshield, and it's size is A little bigger than the skyshield
in the game it looks like an IS's turret than T-34

The oerlikon cannon is a 30mm cannon. for sure the T-34-85 turret is going to be bigger.
The IS turret was pretty much the T-34-85's turret in real life.