[1.9.x - 1.12.x] Fox Defense Contracts - Tank Turrets (BDArmory Plus) Update 2.1 Add More Duct Tape

lancefoxcia

nIUKWll.png

Fox Defense Contracts is both in itself a mod and an Expansion of BDArmory Plus. The main goal is to add in much more tank turrets for both the KSP war communities and the creative community.

(It is not a contract mod!) - Think of it like contractors E.G: Lockheed Martain, GeneralDynamics Etc.

I would love to hear suggestions about what to add in and what to change.

Requires: BDArmory Plus V1.6.11 or later.

Download Here: SpaceDock Link (2.1) Github Releases Link (2.1) - In case spacedock fails

Installation: Delete any existing FoxDefenseContracts and FDC_Armor folders. Then drag and drop the new one into the GameData folder. This is to decrease any incompatibility issues or any parts not found issues!

Changelogs: 

Update 2.1 Add Duct Tape
- Updated to work with BDAc Plus
- Added Bombs (100, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000 - Lbs) 
- Bullet Def Changes
- More Turret changes (Deviation, Reload, Turret Speed, etc
- Fixed Luft40c tilt angle to 0 degree instead of -9.2 degree

Update 2.0 Military Expansion
- Added 38 new turrets
- America (M109A6, M163)
- Britain (Challenger 2, Chieftain Mk10, Comet-1, Conqueror MK2, Crusader AA MK2, Falcon, Marksmen, Rooikat ZA-35)
- China (PGZ09, PTZ89, WMA301, ZLT11, ZSD63, ZTZ99_Stage_III)
- France (AMX13-105, AMX13-FM, Amx-30 DCA, AMX-40, E.B.R, Leclerc)
- Italy (Ariete, M14/41, Centauro 120, L3/33 CC, AB 41, 47/32 L40, M42 Contraereo, R3 T20, OTOMATIC)
- Japan (Type 10, Type 90, Type 16, Type 74 (E), Type 87 RCV,Type 87 AA)
- Sweeden (Bkan 1C)
- E.R.A is back and functional
- Bullet Def changes (Plus if you're using the older version of BDAC Runway such as Version: v1.4.6.2 then you'll have that versions Bullet Definitions as well in the github page) 
- Redone Ammo Box Texture
- Added MMPatch for BDAc Armor parts to use FDC armor textures.
- Added AGM-119 Penguin Missle (+ 1 hidden fun missle)
- Lots of balance changes to turret rotation speed, fire rate and other misc stuff
- Removed Sounds (Ready to fire, reloading sounds)

Update 1.4 Sweden's Uprising
- Added 9 new turrets (Elden40, Luft42, Luft9040c, Pvkv43, Spjfm43, Strids42Delat, Strids74, Strids101, Stridsvagn122B)
- Ammo box fixes with missing ammo
- Check the Github page for x256 textures for reduction
- Quality of life changes. Such as Placing bullet definitions in respective nations.
- Bullet def changes.

Update 1.2 Germans Strike Back
- Updated to new verions of BDAc Runway Project 1.4 and Above
- Less configs, Less turrets in menu.
- WARNING turrets name have changed so most will not load with old names. Open .craft files and edit the turret names to match new names.
- 7 new tank turrets (DickerMax, Wirbelwind, SdKfz5cm, Ru251, Panzer2C, Leopard2A5, Leopard1) 
- Redesign Flak88
- Removed Pak 36/40
- Bullet def changes
- LEGACY Ammobox Removed

Update 1.1 American Frontier
- New sounds
- New Ammo
- 7 new tank turrets (HSTV-LT, M4 Sherman, M42 Duster, M103, T34, M4A3 Sherman 105, M24 Chaffee) 
- Fixed up Bullet defs for a few tanks
- LEGACY Ammobox for fdc is still in until next release.

*Official 1.0 Release*
- Modern turrets added (M1A2 Abrams, T-64, BMP3, Bradly)
- Reduced amount of CFG files, and reduced their sizes
- All turrets have descriptions
- Ammo Boxes have been changed
-- Legacy Ammo box is still there and will be removed in next update!

Version 0.9.0: General Update, The last WIP update
- More Armor pieces for FDC_Armor, 1x1 half pipe, quarter pipe, 45 degree pipe, 2x1, 0.5, 1.5, variants as well
- Added Landmines (beta test, works relatively well.) 
- Refined folder structure
- Added in AA Variants, 76mm 50mm 40mm and 37mm (Bullet cfg and resources has been added.

Version 0.8.0: Graphics update 2, The Electric Boogaloo
- Mainly went from PNG to DDS (Massive loading and Memory Reduction) 
- Added in The KV-1 Turret as well as M36 Jackson Slugger Turret (With respective Resource and Bullets CFG Changes)
- FDC Armor has some new panels 2x3, 2x4, 2x5, 3x4, 3x5, 4x5, 5x5, 1x5, 1Hx5, Slope1x5, Slope5x5

0.7.5 The Radio and Lights Update
- Some turrets features lights that do shine and track with the turrets movement
- Turrets that have an antenna or module that sticks out like one has a feature to receive radar Data
- License changes.

Version 0.7.0: Graphics update
- Graphics changes for most turrets (Added bumpmapping)
- Added in the Sturm Tiger 380MM canon with BulletCFG and Resources updated
- FDC Armor got some changes to textures, native texture switching. (6 Textures to choose from)

Version 0.6.0: Artillery update
- Fixed some sounds
- Added in 5 new guns (SU-5, SU-14, M41HMC, Sexton, StermPanzer II )
- Updated bulletscfg
- Updated Bullet resources 

Version 0.5.5: Tank Destroyer Pack

- Added in new guns (FCM36Pak, FT_AC, Marder38T, PanzerJager I, StugIII, T3HMC, T56GMC, Tortoise, UC2Pdr, ValentineAT)
- Fixed Batchat25T
- Removed E.R.A part until a fix is made
- Changed a few numbers and variables, so just re-add the turret onto your tank for the changes

Version 0.5: An Epic Update
- Added 26 New Turrets to the mod
- Scaling changes again
- weight and Ammo changes
- Tank turrets added (7tp, amx50B, AmxElcBis, Arl44, Batchat25T, Chi-nu, Chi-Ri, Cromwell, Is-2, M10 Wolverine, M18 Hellcat, MBT-70, O-I, Panther, PantherII, Panzer III ausf J, PanzerIV, Panzer 38T, RenaultFT 13.2mm, ST vz. 39T, Su100Y, T92HMC, T-95, Tiger I, Type-97)
- added a universal Ammo box for FDC
- New armor panels

Version 0.3.4: Compatibility Update
- Updated for BDAc 1.1 and 1.2

Version 0.3.2: Soviet Pack
- Added 6 New Turrets from Mother Russia
- Full Scaling changes across all turrets
- Tank Turrets Added (BT-7, T-34-85, T-44-122, T-54, T-10/IS-8, KV-2)

Version 0.2.3: Semi-Scale Fix (Plus more)

- Added 1 new sound
- Added The FV4005 Stage II Turret (Death in yo face)
- Made some scaling changes to some turrets, expect more in the next update!
- Added an ERA Moduel. Currently it doesn't have much use except for props. Expect  a new BDAc update to make this module functional.

Version: 0.2.0: Bullet variety Update!

- Added M60A3 105MM Turret, and 120MM turret (Stat changes)
- Added Bullet Definitions and Penetration values for all tank turrets
- There are now new bullet types for the older turrets resulting adding tons of turrets for variety. AP, APDS, APC, APCBC, HE, HESH, HEAT, HEATFS, APFSDS, etc

Version: 0.1.1:

- Changed T57 Shell weight, Shell velocity, and minor turret speed changes to Real life values.
- Changed T26E4 Shell weight, Shell velocity, and minor turret speed changes to Real life values.

Version: 0.1.0:

Added:
Lots of Sounds
Crusader
Flak88
IS1
JadgPanther
JadgTiger(128MM)
M3Stuart
Maus
Pak36
Pak40
ShermanFirefly
ShermanJumbo
T26E4
T57
TigerII
TOGII*

More to come!

Videos Featuring my Mod!: 

Spoiler

and Fall of Kerbin series from Turn 20 and Onward made by Tape Gaming and TheBeardyPenguin!

Lights: These are mainly the turrets that have the lighting system.

Spoiler

Ql4HLWB.png

Special credit to Kerbin Nerd123 for a lot of the values for tanks turrets such as bullets and turret rotation speed!

License:License

Edited by lancefoxcia
Official 2.1 Release fix

12 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Yeah but then they'd just be flat textures. I was talking about preserving some detail instead of losing it.

I'll see what I can do. I mainly did these for Penguins and Tapes fall of kerbin series and they were mostly fine with the snow camo on what they needed. Though never really heard of the whole texture switch thing.

Update: 0.1.1

- Changed T57 Shell weight, Shell velocity, and minor turret speed changes to Real life values.
- Changed T26E4 Shell weight, Shell velocity, and minor turret speed changes to Real life values.

Expect more changes to come. Right now in the process of changing textures for tanks. Will also add a new turret.

On 7/18/2017 at 7:25 PM, lancefoxcia said:

Update: 0.1.1

Expect more changes to come. Right now in the process of changing textures for tanks. Will also add a new turret.

Another question: Do you plan to fill in all the new BDAc bullet types and such now that BDA has a new armor and penetration system? (I ask because these turrets are nice and all but they don't do a whole lot of damage to much of anything in my game. I know you made them initially for Tape and Beardy's Youtube series and they use an older BDA and apparently only recently updated which explains why some of their weapons work now and some don't.)

7 hours ago, Atatra said:

hey these are really cool! are you planning a spacedock release for convenience at any point? i'd love to see when this mod updates.

Yeah, I'll look into porting it to there and probably CKAN as well.

3 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

Another question: Do you plan to fill in all the new BDAc bullet types and such now that BDA has a new armor and penetration system? (I ask because these turrets are nice and all but they don't do a whole lot of damage to much of anything in my game. I know you made them initially for Tape and Beardy's Youtube series and they use an older BDA and apparently only recently updated which explains why some of their weapons work now and some don't.)

Yep. I just gotta look into how some of the bullets configs and see how they did the penetration values for each bullet. But I definitely will make sure they get their respective bullet types.

18 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

Will you make a M60A1/A3 (105mm) and even the Modernized M60 Turret of Raytheon's Modernized M60 Patton (120mm)?

Sure, I can do so. Though I didn't know that it had the 120mm However I read things about it. I'll see if I can incorporate that into the turret as well. 

1 hour ago, lancefoxcia said:

Sure, I can do so. Though I didn't know that it had the 120mm However I read things about it. I'll see if I can incorporate that into the turret as well. 

Here's proof that the M60 Patton can too be equiped with the Rheinmetall L/44 120mm/M256: 

http://imgur.com/p7QDlBy

And for the Modernized Hull and Tracks the SLEP M60A3 And the M60-2000 (The same Modernized M60A3 MBT but with a M1 Abrams Turret), I wished there's a update for Both Never Enuff Dakka and Kerbal Founderies or a Mod for it......

9 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

... I wished there's a update for Both Never Enuff Dakka and Kerbal Founderies or a Mod for it......

https://spacedock.info/mod/406/NeverEnuffDakkaRedux

It should work in 1.3 just fine, though @SpannerMonkey(smce) hasn't made any fixes for the new BDAc bullet defs yet. If I recall correctly he even made some improvements to a couple turrets.

18 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

Also, I wanna know, how do I edit the damage of "weapontype:ballistic" weapons like these? For Example, the Tiger II Turret?

N3FmOE5.png The bullet mass affects how much "heat" it does to a part. Link to BDAc Wiki  here so that you could change the weapon type. If you change it to cannon make sure to add 
cannonShellPower
cannonShellHeat
cannonShellRadius

20 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

Here's proof that the M60 Patton can too be equiped with the Rheinmetall L/44 120mm/M256: 

http://imgur.com/p7QDlBy

And for the Modernized Hull and Tracks the SLEP M60A3 And the M60-2000 (The same Modernized M60A3 MBT but with a M1 Abrams Turret), I wished there's a update for Both Never Enuff Dakka and Kerbal Founderies or a Mod for it......

I know Kerbal founderies has a continued version. Here's the forum post for it

I'll most likely be able to put the turret in sometime soon.

This is a pretty awesome mod, and I appreciate the variety it adds to my KSP arsenal.  I'm know you play world of tanks, but do you remember Gnomefather's sound mod for that game?  There's a great variety of sounds included in that mod, and while it no longer works for WoT, I have adapted a lot of the old sounds to great effect to mods in KSP.  Might be worth looking into if you're interested.

Edited by The_Right_Arm

53 minutes ago, The_Right_Arm said:

This is a pretty awesome mod, and I appreciate the variety it adds to my KSP arsenal.  I'm know you play world of tanks, but do you remember Gnomefather's sound mod for that game?  There's a great variety of sounds included in that mod, and while it no longer works for WoT, I have adapted a lot of the old sounds to great effect to mods in KSP.  Might be worth looking into if you're interested.

Yeah, feel free to modify the sounds to Gnomefather's WOT sounds. I've used some of the old and new WOT sounds for some of the tanks firing.

Edited by lancefoxcia

Hey I've made a new Update!

- There are now new bullet types for the older turrets resulting adding tons of turrets for variety. AP, APDS, APC, APCBC, HE, HESH, HEAT, HEATFS, APFSDS, etc

I hope to work closely with the developers of BDAc so that I could condense the amount of turrets though. I want to have 1 turret carry the different types of bullets.

This update also works with 1.2.2 as tested!

7 hours ago, lancefoxcia said:

Hey I've made a new Update!

I hope to work closely with the developers of BDAc so that I could condense the amount of turrets though. I want to have 1 turret carry the different types of bullets.

This update also works with 1.2.2 as tested!

I'm guessing with a "fuel switch" module you could have different ammo types in the sph, but you likely couldn't switch on the fly in the main scene.

On 8/5/2017 at 8:54 AM, XOC2008 said:

I'm guessing with a "fuel switch" module you could have different ammo types in the sph, but you likely couldn't switch on the fly in the main scene.

That might work, I'll look into it.