No Trees (Ground Scatter)

Hello, I have noticed that I am seeing no trees or rocks in my game. I made a copy of my back up so that I can perform a test on a fresh and clean copy. I started a sandbox game, built a simple plane flew west and north of the KSC. I flew quite far away, spent some time flying very close to the ground, landed and saved and reloaded. All this time, I have not seen a single tree. I had ground scatters on, scatter density at 100%, and ground textures at high.

What can be the problem? Can you suggest any debugging steps?

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but I have exactly the same problem. I have a base on the Mun, and like you, I have ground scatters on, scatter density at 100%, and ground textures at high.

I thought it must be because I have about 40 mods installed, but I googled the same question you asked and ended up here first.

I will post the answer here if I find it.

Edited by Kurley_Kerbal
Forgot to click "Notify me of replies". Now I can't!

Just in case you have Kopernicus installed, v1.3.0-4's ground scatter is broken. I had to revert to 1.3.0-2 to replace ground scatter.

Otherwise, if this is full stock, I do know ground scatter sometimes doesn't load until a scene change. Even switching to and from a distant craft would suffice.

Edited by Gordon Fecyk

Ground scatter only comes into effect after the game is restarted. ie Ground scatter is not turned on by default - say after a new installation or settings reset - Enabling scatter will not make trees and rocks appear instantly. Restart KSP and it should work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.