What is this in the settings config?

ZooNamedGames

I was poking around in the settings config when I saw this:

FEMALE_EYE_OFFSET_X = 0
FEMALE_EYE_OFFSET_Y = 0.009083331
FEMALE_EYE_OFFSET_Z = 0.03378779
FEMALE_EYE_OFFSET_SCALE = 2.03

To clarify, I have poked around in the settings config file before and I haven't seen this. This seems closer to developer tools as it appears to be a way to adjust where the eyes sit on a female Kerbal model (and effect their size)(and for those wondering- no, there is no male version).

I'm going to poke around with this in a miniature install and see what happens. I'll report back soon.

I'm curious as to why Female kerbals would require eye offsets comapred to the males.   From what I can tell, there only difference between the two are the haircuts.     Maybe I just haven't paid close enough attention. 

8 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Possibly. I know the headshape certainly is. However I wouldn't imagine the body would be aside from possibly being taller/shorter.

I believe they had talked about the bones being different and needing to tweak the animations.

females do seem to have a noticeably lower eyepoint in IVA, which I actually find a lot better placed for reading the instruments and still getting a good view outside...  

I think this is really the only big difference - or perhaps it affects the framing in the portrait cameras as well, could be

the models must be different enough that this offset is required, I guess

Edited by Moach

1 hour ago, Moach said:

females do seem to have a noticeably lower eyepoint in IVA, which I actually find a lot better placed for reading the instruments and still getting a good view outside...  

I think this is really the only big difference - or perhaps it affects the framing in the portrait cameras as well, could be

the models must be different enough that this offset is required, I guess

But why have it editable? This smells of developer tools. Especially since it's only the female version. If it was intended as a setting then there should be a male version too but there isn't. 

Maybe the male version is "generic" and therefore not mentioned but there isn't anything even remotely similar. So it seems estranged and... frankly seems out of place in the settings menu.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.