Incredibly Stupid/Pointless Superpowers

ProtoJeb21

8 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Tied to the ability to splat like a rotten tomato on the pavement and then reform back into yourself.

One fun event in TES 3: Morrowind was an mage falling from the sky. He carried some scrolls with high level fortify jumping. 
Its pretty easy to imagine how that scene worked out :)

Now in that game an fortify jumping combine with slowfall was pretty useful for moving around. 
But jumping to orbital velocity would not be smart in real world, I assume the air resistance would rip you apart at once. 

I say something who could be useful like the ability to one shot dragons, but it does not work on anything else and its no dragons in this world. 

1 hour ago, magnemoe said:

Now in that game an fortify jumping combine with slowfall was pretty useful for moving around. 

Chained fortify jump spells starting at a 10 second long spell and working down, combined with a ring of a low level levitation that you slip on just before you reach the ground, meant being able to jump the entire Island of Morrowind in 1 leap. It was seriously fun.

The ability to remember old game references.

2 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Chained fortify jump spells starting at a 10 second long spell and working down, combined with a ring of a low level levitation that you slip on just before you reach the ground, meant being able to jump the entire Island of Morrowind in 1 leap. It was seriously fun.

The ability to remember old game references.

Lol you did more than I did, think it was 7*100 fortify jump and an long lasting low level slowfall at the end to not take damage, managed to overshoot Vivec city :) 
Was a lot of fun messing with magic in that game, the fortify intelligence potions was legendary. 
That exploit was speculated before the game was released. 

How it worked: An fortify intelligence potion make you more intelligent, potion quality was affected by intelligence so drink it and your next potion would be stronger. 
And they stacked, Intelligence also affect other stuff like how much magic you had and you could make other potions like levitation however this was an problem as you was so fast you was hard to control and the potion lasted for days. 

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

If that includes coffee, I'm in!!!  :happy:

My luck, it wouldn't work. And if it did refill the cup, the coffee would get weaker/worse each time it refilled.

Oh, found some really cheap coffee at the store the other day, Black Point Coffee. And with the way I drink coffee and with the K-cups being really cheap, thought I'd give it a try. 

Now I've had some really bad coffee in my lifetime - and anyone ever serve in the military has - such as coffee that's been brewed using a wool sock (because some idiot forgot to pack the peculator basket :mad: ). But this stuff was absolutely horrible. I prefer my coffee black but this stuff GHAAAAH!!! And sadly, I still have half a box to go through. 

Of all the emojis we have for the forum, I find it hard to believe we do not have a Kerbal vomiting because it's the BEST way to describe this coffee. :huh:

61VkUOofqYL._SL1002_.jpg

5 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Of all the emojis we have for the forum, I find it hard to believe we do not have a Kerbal vomiting because it's the BEST way to describe this coffee. :huh:

You could make that happen, I think. 
The ability to always get a nat 20 on die rolls, even if it doesn’t have 20 sides.

Or, the ability to make people who don’t annoy you disappear.

Edited by Admiral Fluffy

22 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Seems useful. What if you had a solution of gold?

Rater go for some medicines, plenty who is 10 times more expensive than gold. 
Now it would break all sort of handling procedures but just after they made the covid vaccine you would be popular.  And yes they buy another bottle of the very expensive vine you tend to drink :) 

Now perfect sense of taste is not really an superpower and it would make you popular in the food industry, but guess its would also be kind of curse in that you in you job you will taste a lot of amazing stuff.  

15 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

I meant X-ray vision in the true sense- being able to see X-rays, or photons with a wavelength of ~1nm.

You are obviously correct and the idea of x-ray vision makes very little sense. We see light sources and reflected light and you would see x-ray sources and reflected x-rays who has very limited use. 

Now its an old idea some old Greece philosophers had in that vision was about emitting rays somehow rather than absorbing, think ray tracing and with this you can make object transparent, kind how wall hacks works. 
Only way it could work realistically is some sort of x-ray radar or the first night visions who used ir searchlights. 

Edited by magnemoe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.