What is most stressful moment when you play KSP, for me is launch and re-entry

Pawelk198604

Going through a series of overly complex docking procedures that burn up all your monopropellant, then the last procedure just not docking right as you run out... ragequitting... then realizing your last save was like 44 steps ago.

Launching monstrous stuff into orbit with gargantuan rocket (I'm really bad at docking, so most of the stuff that u see I posted is always performed with single launch, including space station) and hoping the rocket is powerful and be controllable enough to lift the payload and making an orbit

Landing on the dark side of celestial body when I forget adding light on my lander so I had to make a wild guess about ground contact. Sometimes constantly igniting thrusters just to keep landing speed at safe level and end up burning too much fuel

KAS. You can make great things with KAS, an engineer and a wrench, but often the game crashes, or something explodes. When you reload, it often happen that the kerbal in EVA collides with the ship, and goes spinning like hell at very high velocity, requiring a cargo bay to catch him/her safely.

KAS keeps you on your toes by summoning the Kraken.

Well, I'm fairly certain anything I send up is going to work.. but for me, it's Max-Q. It's hard to be sure everything will fly correctly at that point.

Switching to a landed base or time warping at one is also stressful because there's a high chance it'll just blow up. Biggest flaw in the entire game in my opinion.

18 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

EVA's. I'm always afraid they'll fry off into space, unrescuable.

The idea of drifting off into the void of space can be daunting but you don't have to fear to end up in an 'unrescuable' orbit.
A kerbal's eva pack only holds about 600m/s dV. You can only change your current orbit by 600m/s. If you can reach your current orbit it won't take a major redesign to add an additional 600m/s.

2 hours ago, Tex_NL said:

The idea of drifting off into the void of space can be daunting but you don't have to fear to end up in an 'unrescuable' orbit.
A kerbal's eva pack only holds about 600m/s dV. You can only change your current orbit by 600m/s. If you can reach your current orbit it won't take a major redesign to add an additional 600m/s.

Yes, but sometimes they get into that spin that disables the thrusters.

18 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Going through a series of overly complex docking procedures that burn up all your monopropellant, then the last procedure just not docking right as you run out... ragequitting... then realizing your last save was like 44 steps ago.

One trick that I've found that makes docking super easy is to have one vessel face radial+ (away from planet) and the other radial- (towards planet). Mechjeb does a great job with this, but even the stock game's SAS works. Target+/- works too.. but things start wobbling as the two vessels get closer. Radial+/- changes very slowly as you orbit, and is unrelated to vessel seperation distance.

You can then rotate the vessel to whichever orientation you want, and you've eliminated any problems with the docking ports not lining up because you've already put them in the same plane.

Then you just move "up/down, left/right"  to move the little purple "target" circle to the center of your nav ball, and then move the green prograde circle there too.. now you're lined up and just have to move forward with minute adjustments as you get closer and the navball predictions get more accurate.

@EnoratsThat wasn't quite the problem, although doing that probably would have saved me enough fuel to finish.  My issue was running a probe back and forth between two ships to move pieces around before the final docking, and right when the last procedure was happening, the one that had fuel left ran out just as the magnets were wiggling around.

Go advice though, I'm gonna give that a try.  It has been quite annoying that they start to drift because of the orbit.

On 7/21/2017 at 0:22 PM, The Dunatian said:

Performing the burn back to Kerbin at extremely low fuel levels. (Once I re-entered with only 0.45 units of fuel left.) :0.0:

This, and landing on Tylo. I know that if I screw up and shutdown my engines too early or throttle too low, I'll smash into the surface and die. Also, I'm always paranoid that I started up my engines too late to slow down for landing, and I'm doomed from the beginning..

• 6 years later...

When i first started playing one time i put a thruster that was to strong and even though i barely turned up the throttle i broke the atmosphere. the kerbal lived and the mission was a success but I felt like the guys from apollo 13