New node tool

Just some thing I'd like to see. Recently I've been playing more with solid. I've been trying to fly more missions with small solid motors. Like using kicker motors to insert small satellites. It's kind of a pain with the control nodes. It would be really nice to be able to set the dv of the burn and then be able to change the direction of the vector with out changing the magnitude. It would make it much easier to plan your flight path with fixed size motors to make the corrections. So you would have a special type of node. You would need one control where you could draw out the length of the vector. Then instead of three fixed arms to change the different components you would have three handles where you could rotate that vector. You would also to be able to slide the node along the path as you can now. It would these burns easier. Are there any mods like this?

Lee

Edited by RiggerLee

This feels like it would be a better node for most burns compared to the current system. Maybe more teachable/discoverable in terms of mechanics as well.

Could it use the rotation widget used for building craft?

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.