KSP Series (New)

kacperrutka26

Hello everyone,

I started a new series about KSP! And this isnt for you all to subscribe to me, I just want to know what I can do better and what I do good. Episode 1 is pretty simple. KIND OF a tutorial for newbies. (Not 100% but it is KIND OF)

So guys, tell me what you all think. Episode 1 >

This is Episode 2, I really like doing this since I already got 117 views from episode 1! But It was a little late so sorry if I didn't talk too much. It will be better in the next episode!

No mods were used and no mods might be used in the future...

Edited by kacperrutka26
New episode is up!

I watched it!

It's not at all bad - you have the confidence necessary and you know what you are talking about which are both important. It would help if you did each video a couple of extra times and uploaded the best of the three, as that adds polish and allows you to check up on anything you aren't sure of while recording the first attempt. An example would be the point where you said "I think that's all they added"; saying things like that on video makes you sound unsure of yourself, and it's the sort of thing you can go away and check for the next two runs-through.

All in all you've made a promising start, and with practice and watching a lot of other videos to learn from other people you could become very good.

I watched it!

It's not at all bad - you have the confidence necessary and you know what you are talking about which are both important. It would help if you did each video a couple of extra times and uploaded the best of the three, as that adds polish and allows you to check up on anything you aren't sure of while recording the first attempt. An example would be the point where you said "I think that's all they added"; saying things like that on video makes you sound unsure of yourself, and it's the sort of thing you can go away and check for the next two runs-through.

All in all you've made a promising start, and with practice and watching a lot of other videos to learn from other people you could become very good.

Thanks for the feedback! I will record multiple times from now. All of the tips are appreciated. :D

Since you asked for feedback, as the player it's useful to switch back and forth between map and main view, but it makes things kind of choppy for the viewer because we're not making it happen and so don't know when it's going to happen. I suggest that you spend a little time planning what you want to do and decide which would be the best view mode to convey that to the viewer, and not switch back and forth so much.

You have a very nice voice for narration! An English accent makes everything sound smarter and classier, at least to us Americans. :)

Since you asked for feedback, as the player it's useful to switch back and forth between map and main view, but it makes things kind of choppy for the viewer because we're not making it happen and so don't know when it's going to happen. I suggest that you spend a little time planning what you want to do and decide which would be the best view mode to convey that to the viewer, and not switch back and forth so much.

You have a very nice voice for narration! An English accent makes everything sound smarter and classier, at least to us Americans. :)

Thanks! I will try not to switch between the map view so much now, or at least I will say when I will change.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guy. Here's some of the feedback you were asking for:

You don't have to kill a Kerbal to make room on the ship. You can EVA him and then "end flight" him, which really does the same thing, but is nicer to the Kerbals. :)

Matching the altitudes of the target object's apses is necessary, but as you saw, you'll still miss by miles if you don't match the positions of those points as well as their heights. I know you did that eventually, but it would save time to do it up front. And the orbital planes have to match, too. The thing is, when you're zoomed out on map view the two paths may look close, but for rendezvous, the difference has to be almost too small to see even when fully zoomed in.

Lastly, I can't imagine that there's any way to rendezvous while going opposite directions at orbital speeds. Your closing velocity in that video is going to be about 5760km/hr. You'll be trying to snag Bob while he's zipping past you faster than the fastest jet ever built can go. :) If you try to slow the ship to match him, it would take close to twice as much fuel as you burned reaching that orbit in the first place.

As for the video itself, is the third part supposed to hop back to the earlier parts? I got confused about where you were in the process. Maybe edit out some of the slow parts?

Anyway, I hope this is helpful. :)

You don't have to kill a Kerbal to make room on the ship. You can EVA him and then "end flight" him, which really does the same thing, but is nicer to the Kerbals. :)

Matching the altitudes of the target object's apses is necessary, but as you saw, you'll still miss by miles if you don't match the positions of those points as well as their heights. I know you did that eventually, but it would save time to do it up front. And the orbital planes have to match, too. The thing is, when you're zoomed out on map view the two paths may look close, but for rendezvous, the difference has to be almost too small to see even when fully zoomed in.

Lastly, I can't imagine that there's any way to rendezvous while going opposite directions at orbital speeds. Your closing velocity in that video is going to be about 5760km/hr. You'll be trying to snag Bob while he's zipping past you faster than the fastest jet ever built can go. :) If you try to slow the ship to match him, it would take close to twice as much fuel as you burned reaching that orbit in the first place.

As for the video itself, is the third part supposed to hop back to the earlier parts? I got confused about where you were in the process. Maybe edit out some of the slow parts?

Thanks for the feedback! I don't get many of them anymore. The third part was just after part 2 but somehow it got messed up. And I will cut the slow things out now to make the videos shorter. Thanks for the feedback again anyway!

Hilarity is what makes us like watching the videos! Sure you can do it without killing one but where is the fun in that?

And yes, edit out slow parts, or speed them up. There are some great tips and tricks videos from some pretty popular up-loaders, I think nerd3 did one. Definitely worth watching!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.