Bill and Jeb's exellent adventure revived! (Kerbal inventory and Kerbal Attachment system are needed)

After contacting @Nich in a private message, he has given me permission to revive his slightly old and very fun challenge(thread here).

Copied from orginal thread:

Bill and Jeb are just two down on there luck guys.  Jeb crashed his last test craft and Mortimer finally canned him.  Bill was caught making hydrazine for personal use with company property and forced to resign.  However neither one of them want to spend the last of their days on kerbin.  As a requirement of Bills resignation he gets to design one final 18t craft for personal use.  Bill and Jeb launch into space to begin a life of Piracy.  Unfortunately Bill and Jeb are still good guys and don't want to hurt other kerbals so they are torn.  Bill realizes that there is so much space debris in orbit that there is no need to steal they have plenty of materials to build whatever they want.

Hall of Legends

Jetski put together a very nice Mission report that made this challenge look TOO easy here

@invision made a cool cube looking ship!

Rules

-Using your current or most cluttered career (or any other cluttered save, like the one I made from scratch when I did the challenge previously after reading about it last year)

-Using KIS/KAS utilize space junk to explore the solar system.

-Abandoned stations with no Kerbals aboard are fair game

-Fuel can be stolen from mining stations guilt free

-If you absolutely have to fuel can be stolen from active stations but Bill and Jeb will feel really bad.

-Any Kerbals Bill and Jeb rescue first join Bill and Jeb.

There will be no leaderboard but there will be a hall of legends.

End of copy here:

I have also decided to put into place my own alternative rules as well. You may use either set of rules, and all that is needed is for you to specify in your mission report/submission which set of rules you used. The only difference between the above rules and my rules are that the Bill and Jeb's main vehicle must be at or below 18 tons, while the launcher itself can be as heavy as you want. All this means is that instead of having to make both the launcher and the final vehicle is no more then 18 tons, you only have to worry about the main vehicle. All other rules apply.

Mods allowed/needed:

KIS/KAS (obviously)

Any other mods that you want that don't take the fun out of the challenge (so no warp drives inside of the stock solar system (if you use modded solar system I'll allow a warp drive so long as it does not make it too easy/take the fun out.)

Mods I'll be using:

KAS/KIS

Mechjeb for rendezvous (I will be using KAS for docking)

USI core (it comes with a tiny radial bag for KIS gear, to help keep my weight down).

I will be posting my mission as soon as I finish setting up my current save for this mission.

Have fun!

Edited by nascarlaser1

7 minutes ago, SpacePilotMax said:

Are we allowed to launch new craft by the official space program and leave their debris?

11 minutes ago, tsgaerospace said:

ok i´l maybe enter later but i don´t have a cluttered enough save file

If you do not have a cluttered save you can do what me and the previous entries did in the other thread, and just make a cluttered save by hand. I'm building random bits of debris and using hyperedit to spam them all over the Kerbol system. (I have never gone beyond minimus before by hand, so my adventure will most likely be short lived lol).

1 hour ago, tsgaerospace said:

ok i´l maybe enter later but i don´t have a cluttered enough save file

Then you, my good pilot, do not fly things in the Kerbal way. (Read: With enough explosions.) Jeb would be disappointed in you. (Read: not dead.):D

I have 65 debris in my  most busy save, I think that's the maximum I have it set to. Although I recall once I put a hundred decouplers on something with the intent of bombing the entire Mun, but I missed. I wonder if they're still floating around...

1 hour ago, tsgaerospace said:

that means?, i´m confused

The original challenge was designed to be able to played along side a regular career mode, so if you accept a "rescue a stranded kerbal from X orbit" contract, and Bill and Jeb rescue him instead of a shuttle launched from KSC, then the rescued kerbal does not go back to the space center and just stay with them. For my save (which is going to be in sandbox mode for ease of creation) I am just throwing different parts into space via hyper edit, and some of them will include kerbals inside of them to "Rescue".

45 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

how heavy is that??! I love how it looks btw!

i didnt look as it was made in 5min just for fun using girder beams and covering them,

85% of the weight was the 4 engines so on its own id guess less than 1 ton

1 hour ago, invision said:

i didnt look as it was made in 5min just for fun using girder beams and covering them,

85% of the weight was the 4 engines so on its own id guess less than 1 ton

wow! are you going to post more images of your adventure with it? (Doesn't matter either way, your going on the hall :D).

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:32 AM, Jetski said:

Cool!  Happy to see this one revived - I'll take another pass at it :)

I'm about 1/4 of the way done. I will have to edit some of the debris slightly (I'm using some USI core  for some of the shipping containers). I will hopefully have it done within a week or two (I'm limited on when to play ksp :().

13 hours ago, Jetski said:

@nascarlaser1 when you have a good save put together, can you post it?  My old 1.0.5 save won't load up, and besides I've already played it :)

18 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

I'm about 1/4 of the way done. I will have to edit some of the debris slightly (I'm using some USI core  for some of the shipping containers). I will hopefully have it done within a week or two (I'm limited on when to play ksp :().

One thing I found helpful was to have at least a little fuel in all the debris to keep Bill and Jeb from being stranded :)

On 22/07/2017 at 5:34 PM, nascarlaser1 said:

If you do not have a cluttered save you can do what me and the previous entries did in the other thread, and just make a cluttered save by hand. I'm building random bits of debris and using hyperedit to spam them all over the Kerbol system. (I have never gone beyond minimus before by hand, so my adventure will most likely be short lived lol).

Could you add an example 'cluttered save file' for others to use?

I might be unable to release the saved game as soon as I originally thought. I encountered a slight issue that resulted a piece of debris self destructing and crashing my game every time it was loaded into physics, so I had to access one of my old backups of the save (which was from about a week ago :() and am now trying to get caught up again. I am very sorry and if someone else it able to make an alternative saved game in the meantime I will be very grateful and will put you on the hall even if you don't participate in the actual challenge.

Srry :(:(:(:(.

Edited by nascarlaser1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.