Stock x32 plays but x64 won't

Hey all,

so i started a thread in the modded forums askind why my game now won't run. 

Bassically, I was looking in my TACLS dll files and accidently set them to open with notepad by default, after which I couldn't load the game anymore. The only help I could find was this 

How to change back a dll file back to normal?

and so I tried that but nothing.

I've now reinstalled the game and taken all mods out so it's running stock. X32 plays no probs but x64 crashes before loading

Output log

20 minutes ago, DeadJoe said:

I was looking in my TACLS dll files and accidently set them to open with notepad by default, after which I couldn't load the game anymore.

Leaving aside the properly bizarre idea of "opening" compiled code (e.g. DLLS) to begin with, screwing up the file association should have nothing to do with anything. Assuming you didn't save it with notepad, that is.

All this has been said in your other thread already, what makes you think opening another will get a different result?

20 minutes ago, DeadJoe said:

I'd take a look, but your link demands I log in. Create a google account I most certainly will not.

Since I have to guess, I'm going to guess from the 'notepad' reference that you're running Windows.
Try killing your antivirus, it's just possible, however strange, that opening the dll as a text file has confused it into thinking it's not supposed to be executable.
Posting your log somewhere I can view it without a login would lead to less guessing though...

Edited by steve_v

6 minutes ago, steve_v said:

All this has been said in you other thread already, what makes you think opening another will get a different result?

I've opened it up on here because now it's not a modded problem, some may look at this thread and not the modded one. I clearly state in the op that there is no difference in fixing the dll issue. Therefore it must be something else, and being that this is a totally reinstalled stock game, I believe it belongs in here.

10 minutes ago, steve_v said:
10 minutes ago, steve_v said:

I'd take a look, but your link demands I log in. Create a google account I most certainly will not.

Leaving aside the properly bizarre idea of responding to a thread you already know you won't look into, telling people you will not open a google account isn't really helping in any way.

In other news, after running program compatibility troubleshooter, it simply tells me that x64 is an incompatible program while x32 has no issue. Any help appreciated.

41 minutes ago, DeadJoe said:

telling people you will not open a google account isn't really helping in any way.

42 minutes ago, DeadJoe said:

Any help appreciated.

Your log being behind a login-wall is what's preventing me from attempting to provide such help. Suit yourself though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.