Transmit data into a black hole?

jonnyL

is this an exchange market issue and within self lifespan expect short term income concern your higlighting here ?

because you know if it's just that, let me tell you that when neandherthals hitted two silex together they weren't giving a damn we littlel ittle little^²^²^²^² sons got lighter a few thousand years later

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

Thanks everyone for your input here. Much appreciated. My initial read from all this is that it IS technically possible to transmit a data signal 'towards' a black hole, and that SOME of that data would indeed reach its destination. What happens to it after that can be theorised, however I'm interested in the physical act of sending this data message. The what and the how and the when.

Who here could assist me in the development of a solution? If we can agree the math and physics makes sense we'd then come onto the engineering. What hardware, what encoding, what type of message and it's duration etc. I'd love to hear from those who think they might like to get this off the ground (pun apologies). Note at present this is conceptual, but I have the remit to investigate the reality of making it happen. 

Once again thanks for everyone's input on thus far.

Edited by Kerbal101
possibly misformated message, pmed jonnyL

If you insist in doing so, i STRONGLY recommend to make contact with an amateur radio club in your country, since in most states the operation of radio is strictly regulated because nearly all of the technically useful frequencies are used for something, from highly sensitive aircraft traffic to automated garden gates.

But be prepared that they just shake their heads, really ...

Edit: you really need licensed equipment and operation in all countries i know of, radio clubs have the necessary knowledge.

Edited by Green Baron

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.