The Vickers Vimy, A World War I Heavy Bomber. (Fully Stock Woo!)

Before I start talking about my plane, I have to credit Major Jim for designing the tech for the propellers. Without it, I'd still be using jet engines to power my planes (THE HORROR!)

(Link Here)

With that out the way, here's the....

Vickers Vimy Heavy Bomber!

In case you don't exactly know what the Vickers Vimy is; the Vickers Vimy was a World War I era heavy bomber that was introduced pretty late into the war. It got used as late as 1933!

It was also the first plane to cross the Atlantic Ocean non-stop and it was the first to travel from England to Australia!

Here's the plane in real life:

vimy_by_r_cooke.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I bet you're itching to see my replica then. Well, here it is in KSP!

fGJfI4m.jpg

U4mVrFk.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Top Speed: 32.9m/s 

Top Speed (In Dive) 42m/s (and then the propellers break apart if gone past this speed)

Part Count: 306 (Might not be too good on older computers)

(Download Here)

Instructions:

1: Decouple the propellers from the main ship and make sure you have SAS on the plane itself, but NOT the propellers.

2: Switch to a propeller

3: For the LEFT propeller, hold Alt + E until the roll bar at the bottom is maxxed out and is rotating at full speed. (Make sure SAS is off)

4: For the RIGHT propeller hold Alt + Q, and do the same thing as the last propeller

5: Decouple the Launch Stability Enhancer

6: Leave the plane be, and wait until 25-27m/s and the plane should lift of the ground itself (Provided SAS is turned on)

7: Have fun being a twenty minuter, or an ace!

I don't consider myself to be any good at making replicas, I'd appreciate some tips and critiques on the craft. (How it looks, how it flies, part count, etc.)

Thanks for viewing my post/thread/thingy. I don't know what to call these. Sopwith Camel out now:

Edited by HolidayTheDouche
update

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.