Saturn V Parts Pack (v1.1) (NEW: Fixed PNG's)

KingTramp

I have been playing around with this and Ive concluded that the launch escape tower (especially the launch escape tower .... it is even bad in orbit), as well as other pieces from other mods that make up the last few stages make this rocket unstable and hard to fly. However I tested just the Saturn V parts you made with an Advanced SAS module and a command module on top (nothing else) and this rocket becomes EXTREMELY stable! For the last stage we need something that is both an SAS module as well as a 'short' fuel tank (becuase the one I saw being used on early pages would be perfect but its too long) and then I think this would fly like a charm. I really love this modd though .... thanks KingTramp

sounds like somone needs to model a CSM module with split-up parts.

We sort of did that with the old Yawmaster part from Wobbly Rockets, its a RCS tank, ASAS, and 1m x 1/2 meter fuel tank:

http://i.imgur.com/WXg6L.png (ignore the bigger RCS tanks attached, they\'re unrelated)

yup that\'s exactly what we need! Also a launch escape tower that comes off with having to lose your parachute would be great!

There is a separate escape tower mod (by Moach, I think?) that puts a decoupler cone over the stackable parachute, and then the escape tower on top of that, so you stage the pod decoupler and escape tower together, and then the next stage is the tower decoupler and parachute.

Works pretty well.

There is a separate escape tower mod (by Moach, I think?) that puts a decoupler cone over the stackable parachute, and then the escape tower on top of that, so you stage the pod decoupler and escape tower together, and then the next stage is the tower decoupler and parachute.

Works pretty well.

found it, thanks bud

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=2552.msg24863#msg24863

• 2 weeks later...

yup that\'s exactly what we need! Also a launch escape tower that comes off with having to lose your parachute would be great!

Use nova\'s mk 3 parachute plus the mechanical decoupler plus the escape tower addon. Little tall but it works without doing meshes over each other. i\'m not comfortable with that

Use nova\'s mk 3 parachute plus the mechanical decoupler plus the escape tower addon. Little tall but it works without doing meshes over each other. i\'m not comfortable with that

You could just use moach\'s LES. It has a blast cone (decoupler) and its own stack parachute.

• 2 weeks later...

There\'s a stackable parachute and decoupler in Silisko Edition, as well as SIDR.

does anyone else have the problem of wiggling still? Before I even launch I have a noodle like Saturn V lol

I have the same problem and the rocket handles like a tank even with rcs

• 4 weeks later...

What I have found to be the best last stage in terms of both performance and authenticity

The final stage is bigger than it is supposed to be when uncoupled but when coupled it is about the right size; this is due to the coupler itself.

As you can see it has detachable launch escape system, parachutes underneath, SAS and ADV SAS (both needed to keep this rocket stable), and de-coupler for command module.

saturnvwhole.png

saturnv.png

If anyone has a better final stage please post it.