Saturn V Parts Pack (v1.1) (NEW: Fixed PNG's)

KingTramp

Drove up to Huntsville, AL today. Drove past the two Saturn V\'s they have at the Space and Rocket Center. I was the only one on the bus excited about seeing them.

I live in Huntsville, and I must say that it is truly awe-inspiring. Glad to see someone else enjoys it too!

Here\'s some new numbers for the Saturn cfgs. I forgot the SIU so it\'s not on here, and there\'s 4 fins, not 3, used as landing legs.

You need to lean hard on the controls for stage 1, expect it to pitch and yaw a lot (Gymboled main engine reduced to 1.5*). That\'s even with cranked up numbers on the SIU. Once it burns out stages 2 and 3 are much easier to control, easily stabilized by the SAS. Stage 2 should burn out before Kerbin orbit insertion, but stage 3 completes the insertion and then gets you to the Mun.

The CS Fuel tank is a modified Yawmaster RCS unit changed into a fuel tank.

One of the fins got knocked off on landing so I changed it to 4 fins now, but yay for strong SAS force.

Can anyone confirm this pack as working with 13.1? My copy hangs at loading part 'Saturn V Stage 1 Engine'.

Yes working fine on Win7

Try deleting the 'mesh' directory that is located inside the directory of the part causing the issue. KSP will regenerate a new mesh directory and files when it loads next.

The F-1 engines in game dont gimbal, and the desc. confirms that, however, the .cfg says that it should and the gimbal range is 10....im confused...

EDIT nevermind...figured it out!

EDIT NOPE still doesnt work...kinda annoying

The 3rd Stage tank goes under the SIU

I think what he means is ontop the instrument unit, not underneath.

Anyway currently there is nothing to really put on the top, unless you download the kerpollo then you will get the lunar module stuff and the shrouds.

I think what he means is ontop the instrument unit, not underneath.

Anyway currently there is nothing to really put on the top, unless you download the kerpollo then you will get the lunar module stuff and the shrouds.

Well we covered all that on the first couple pages. NovaPunch 1.75m decoupler and make up your own 1m command module.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Kerpollo mod has all these parts included.

Is there another link to Kerpollo? Because when I go here

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=6256.0

(the link from http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=1633.0)

I get

An Error Has Occurred!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

????

General searches on Google only come with board posts here or youtube videos.

He\'s a busy man with a lot of interesting hobbies... Might\'ve taken offence to being called a hater by some child and found better things to do with his time... I\'ll ask him. Could also be that he\'s just quite unhappy with it, and has dumped it till he can sort it out properly. The new Kerpollo definitely puts the old one to shame, it\'ll be pretty schmick when it\'s done.

From what I can tell, he left after discovering the existence of the pony thread. Which is a damn shame, he was doing some good work.

Still, at least we have thi...the download doesn\'t work. Blast.

I\'m trying to find my downloaded copy...it must be here somewhere.

Edit: Found it! http://www./?e8x2lzsi9a5kbrp

From what I can tell, he left after discovering the existence of the pony thread. Which is a damn shame, he was doing some good work.

I find this amusing. At the same time, I agree, it\'s a damn shame.