No longer maintaining

Crzyrndm

KSP (and the mods I created/maintain) has been on the fringes of my attention for a while now. Looking back, I've only been doing work for compatibility and no actual development (the interesting part ;)).

As such, the code for following mods are no longer maintained and can be considered public domain (ie. no licensing restrictions)

The following mods are also no longer maintained but as I was not the original creator the license's will remain (both can be found here)

• Procedural Wings - original - (licensed as CC-BY-NC (SA?))
  • Procedural Wings - B9 (The code is licensed under MIT, All art (i.e. textures and meshes included into the download) is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)

I still check the forums semi-regularly so just poke if required

Edited by Crzyrndm

Thank you for developing and maintaining them! You are awesome. :) Its a sad perspective (I am using B9 pw and PA for nice wings and long flights), but thanks for releasing the source - hopefully someone brave will step in.

On 7/26/2017 at 1:14 AM, Crzyrndm said:

KSP (and the mods I created/maintain) has been on the fringes of my attention for a while now. Looking back, I've only been doing work for compatibility and no actual development (the interesting part ;)).

As such, the code for following mods are no longer maintained and can be considered public domain (ie. no licensing restrictions)

The following mods are also no longer maintained but as I was not the original creator the license's will remain (both can be found here)

I still check the forums semi-regularly so just poke if required

Sorry to see you go.  If no one else picks up the Filter Extensions, then I will.  But I hope someone else does.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since the Mod Sorter question, hasn't it? Yes, that was me.:o I'm a living android so ^ and everything above it.

On 7/27/2017 at 6:47 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

But I hope someone else does.

He's starting to crack under the strain of all those mods.

• 1 month later...

In the next few days I'll get a chance to take a look at FilterExtensions and post here if I decide to take it on.

Umm, I'd politely like to retract that statement.  I got a chance to glance more in depth into the code and realized the magnitude to which @Crzyrndm has invested in FE.  Uh.. wow dood.  When did you find time for a life?

Edited by Fengist

And here I was thinking FE was the simplest (outside plugin workshop) :D. It's certainly the cleanest (minimal interactions with KSP makes structure much easier to manage). I started modding around 0.90 release with PA and FE, so basically two years of on/off development...

It does have a few warts though (it was really "fun" working out how to replace stock categories before other mods started adding theres to the mix :rolleyes:)

@Crzyrndm Thank you for making such a great and useful little mod! 

I don't THINK this counts as unacceptable, because you did say "I still check the forums semi-regularly so just poke if required". I figured I should poke you and let you know that Filter Extensions does cause a crash on startup in 1.3.1, sadly. The usual mono.dll crash that comes from a mod that (I think) just needs to be recompiled for the latest version. 

I figured I'd put this here in case you or someone else feels like fixing that, but if not, no worries. I'm not sure if anyone else has actually taken this mod over or not yet.

• 2 months later...

Just so I'm clear in my understanding of the sum total of this OP and the original release thread... "Plugin Workshop" includes Dynamic Deflection, yes?  And if so, and since PW is now orphaned and inactive, that means the DD is also inactive right now?  (I can think of no logical-seeming reason why someone would retire or now out of modding, in the way that this OP describes, but selectively choosing a few to continue maintaining -- unless certain ones were peculiarly low-investment to maintain, which is beyond my computing ability to ascertain without someone splaining to me, but...)  :D

Thanks for doing what you did as a modder.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

Is someone giving this mod love and attention? aka has someone picked up this mod? I use it all the time and just posted an issue for it. A simple fix (says he lol). I would really miss this mod if it stopped functioning. Thank you @Crzyrndm for this great mod.

Five different mods are mentioned in the OP. Which one are you asking about?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.