[1.9.x] PAWS - Part Action Window Sorter-Outer 2.0 (19/02/2020)

severedsolo

no, go ahead and try it, if you want. I was just wondering, because, IIRC, KSP CF does stuff with the PAW also. It would be one of the first mods I can think of to see if there might be a conflict with PAWS.

17 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

no, go ahead and try it, if you want. I was just wondering, because, IIRC, KSP CF does stuff with the PAW also. It would be one of the first mods I can think of to see if there might be a conflict with PAWS.

yeah. since nothing changed, PAWS still doesn't work, at least the KSP CF is a workaround. not as good as PAWS would be (perfect would be a combination between both). just too bad

30 minutes ago, ZaeRoe said:

yeah. since nothing changed, PAWS still doesn't work, at least the KSP CF is a workaround. not as good as PAWS would be (perfect would be a combination between both). just too bad

I just installed PAWS (already had KSP CF.... I'll be testing it

• 2 months later...
On 5/11/2022 at 7:01 AM, ZaeRoe said:

so, what's your verdict?

oof... i forgot about this....

So far, it *seems* to work with KSPCF installed, too.

i mean, its working with the buttons/fields *I* want to turn off...

i havent tested the global settings, tho...

I just came to note, that there doesnt seem to be a way to *RESET* things to default, other than to go thru the whole slew of toggles one by one again... once youve screwed up your PAW, by playing with tons of the toggles (which unfortunately arent all labeled :( ).... there doesnt seem to be an easy way to reset them all...

So, I guess I'm asking, severedsolo, if you ever pop back in, or to who-ever may/may not adopt this one, would it be possible to add some kkind of "Reset" button? :P

• 4 months later...

Thank you for creating PAWS. My only remaining "makes me cry" PAW-related issue is that windows don't remember where I moved them the next time I open them. Adding insult to injury, they seem to prefer to open on top of other open windows/menus rather than the nice empty corner of the screen where I keep moving them to. Is this programmable behaviour?

Pinned or not, once I close a PAW (in flight), the next time it will open on whatever side of the screen the part is located regardless of where I last moved the PAW to.  For example: 

1. A part on the left side of the screen opens it's PAW on the far left.
  2. I drag the PAW to the right side of the screen (pin or not - just tried both ways to double-check).
  3. I close the PAW.
  4. I open that part's PAW again and opens on the far left again.
    • Unless the camera rotation has moved the part to the right-side in which case the PAW opens on the far right side of the screen.

Checked this?:

If you turn "Save Settings Globally" off KSP will not remember your settings for next time you reload that part and you'll have to turn them all off/on again. Per-part options will be coming later.

Edited by Stone Blue

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2022 at 9:29 PM, Stone Blue said:

So, I guess I'm asking, severedsolo, if you ever pop back in, or to who-ever may/may not adopt this one, would it be possible to add some kkind of "Reset" button? :P

On 1/6/2023 at 4:16 PM, KADC said:

Thank you for creating PAWS. My only remaining "makes me cry" PAW-related issue is that windows don't remember where I moved them the next time I open them. Adding insult to injury, they seem to prefer to open on top of other open windows/menus rather than the nice empty corner of the screen where I keep moving them to. Is this programmable behaviour?

I'm doing a final pass of mods before I close up shop on KSP1 modding. As a rule I'm restricting this to bugfixes, but I'm making an exception with PAWS because I plan to give it a bigger performance/UI pass. Are these still wanted? (Last orders please!)

Edited by severedsolo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.