[v0.3 pre-release] OuterSpace

Clonos

OUTERSPACE

So what is Outer Space?

Outer Space is my first Kopernicus planet pack, aiming to bring more challenge in the game. Nothing much at the moment.

!WARNING!

This mod is in it's early stages, bugs occur! If you experience weird glitches, PM me and i will try to fix it.

When is this updated?

Updates will happen, but sometimes things can block development time. I can't really tell.

Who is in charge of this?

@GenesisPlayz (Myself) The lead developer. I'm doing all the coding and stuff.

@ModerndayLink Giving me tips in the beginnng and helping me out when i got confused.

@SamBelanger For making the textures, i like them and it saves me alot of time (I'm a terrible artist when it comes to rocky plernerts).

CHANGELOG

Spoiler

********[CURRENT]v0.3 pre-release[CURRENT]********

Too much! Let me say; 3 stars and 2 exoplanets are added, but much more too!

********v0.25********

Added Loptus, added Carmen too, and re-made Slyton. Added biomes to Carmen, Loptus and Slyton.

********v0.2********

Inital release, added Slyton and Eeloo now orbits it. An unplayable version.

********v0.15********

Final tweaks for the first release.

********v0.13********

Just some new maps.

********v0.1********

Started developing.

KNOWN ISSUES:

Spoiler

Atmospheres. The curves are buggy, i'm bad at these things =P

Therol's ocean doesn't pop up, this is known, and will be fixed. Yeah, this is only a pre-release...

TO-DO LIST:

Spoiler

-Science Defs (This will take long)

-Better textures

-EVE, maybe

DOWNLOAD VIA SPACEDOCK: 

If you want to take an early peek now:

https://spacedock.info/mod/1435/''Outerspace'' KSP Planet Pack

Eh, SpaceDock doesn't want to update the mod for some reason. Well, here is an alterative via MEGA:
https://mega.nz/#!U3QBlKJT!vAExDvviY35GUhp6XoM61A2fuy30yJapyDujP2XZpz8

SPECIAL THANKS:

Spoiler

- @Thomas P.: For creating one of the best mods in KSP; Kopernicus!

- @SamBelanger: For his amazing support and awesome textures which you guys are going to see in the next update. :D 

- @The White Guardian: For the tutorials he made so all of us can make planets.

- @ModerndayLink: For a nice introduction to cloud making, and yes you can expect this in the update after the next one! You will need EVE, or any visual mod (?) if you want the clouds to work. A link will be putted here for the clouds.

Edited by GenesisPlayz
SpaceDock wants to cooperate now

@GenesisPlayz I just noticed this on SpaceDock. You may be biting of a lot more than you can chew, promising such a large mod yet you've only released one planet. I have not come to shut you down or anything but I'd advise you rename your mod and reduce its scope until you get better at planet-making.

13 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@GenesisPlayz I just noticed this on SpaceDock. You may be biting of a lot more than you can chew, promising such a large mod yet you've only released one planet. I have not come to shut you down or anything but I'd advise you rename your mod and reduce its scope until you get better at planet-making.

Fine. That SpaceDock thing literally was for other devs, since MEGA and Mediafire didn't wan't to help me at that moment. And before a working release, 93 people downloaded this.

Next version adds Loptus and Slytons' rings, i wan't to finish the Slyton System completely before moving out for even further planets.

Edited by GenesisPlayz

2 minutes ago, GenesisPlayz said:

Next version adds Loptus and Slytons' rings, i wan't to finish the Slyton System completely before moving out for even further planets.

That sounds awesome! Can't wait to see it.

Hold on tight, just one bug fix is between you and v0.25...

EDIT: No guarantees, but v0.25 maybe will be released today!

EDIT2: Sorry, i've mislead you, the update comes later on due to some weird ''texture not loading'' glitch. As an excuse, there will be an extra planet. I did a VERY bad job making it look stock-alike, but let me say: It is very colorful :D

Edited by GenesisPlayz

• 2 weeks later...

So recently i really got better at Kopernicus planet making, and no; this mod is not dead. The next update is going to add alot, and fixes Slyton and Carmens atmosphere that i broke :P 

What you can expect:

-[DONE]Bug fixes.

-[DONE]Ires, a dwarf planet replacing the analog for Eeloo, except for it's orbit to be crazy :o 

-[DONE]Lir, a little moon for poor lonely Ires.

-[NEARLY DONE]Cercus, a comet with a working comet tail (KopernicusExpansionRekejiggered). It's basically alot of magic boulders merged together.

-[DONE]Arcto, an icy moon in the vicinity of Slyton. It's tiny, really really tiny.

-[NEARLY DONE]Kiros, a GP3 analog. It's yellow, KSP lacked a yellow planet :P 

-[DONE, BUT LOW RES]Dremis, an icy dwarf planet. It's the furthest celestial body for now.

And @JadeOfMaar, i might be promising alot again, but as i said, i got decent good at Kopernicus, so expect these things coming rather quickly, maybe in th following days :wink: 

Edited by GenesisPlayz

On 8/10/2017 at 4:22 AM, GenesisPlayz said:

-[DONE]Ires, a dwarf planet replacing the analog for Eeloo, except for it's orbit to be crazy

*sniff* do I smell a Sednoid or Eris analogue?

On 8/10/2017 at 4:22 AM, GenesisPlayz said:

-[NEARLY DONE]Kiros, a GP3 analog. It's yellow, KSP lacked a yellow planet

The closest thing could be Pol, I guess :P

I'd like to see where this is going.

1 hour ago, NickRoss120 said:

*sniff* do I smell a Sednoid or Eris analogue?

The closest thing could be Pol, I guess :P

I'd like to see where this is going.

No, more like Pluto, but the furthest thing in the Kerbol System has an Apoapsis of 2 BILLION KM.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I stumbled across this. I can help make some planet textures and information on the planets, as i have made my own planet packs. Regarding the Planet textures however, is that i don't have polarization for any of them. so any i make you would have to polarize to use. Hope you can use me! :) 

Heres' an example(No Polarization)!

tDGhsqf.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.