@Bottle Rocketeer 500, the diameter is 2.5 m I'm not sure if the height offhand, but you can easily find out in the Engineers Report in the VAB.

@harrisjosh2711, KSP scales parts to about 5/8th actual size so the ~2 meter mercury capsule is represented by the Mk1 pod at 1.25 meters and the ~4 meter apollo is the 2.5 mk1-2 pod. 

On 7/26/2017 at 6:39 AM, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

Hello, and I want to know what the dimensions of the MK1-2 command pod are because I'm making a mod with a pod that needs to fit inside the SDHI BPC.

Thanks, Bottle Rocketeer

Import the Mk1-2 pods .mu model file into blender (using the .mu import/export plugin).  That -should- give you very exact measurements.

On 27/7/2017 at 0:20 PM, Nightside said:

@Bottle Rocketeer 500, the diameter is 2.5 m I'm not sure if the height offhand, but you can easily find out in the Engineers Report in the VAB.

@harrisjosh2711, KSP scales parts to about 5/8th actual size so the ~2 meter mercury capsule is represented by the Mk1 pod at 1.25 meters and the ~4 meter apollo is the 2.5 mk1-2 pod. 

then orion is 3 metters?, idk, something like, mk 1-3?

• 2 weeks later...

The relative dimensions are what is important. There may be some re-scaling going on in the part config that sets the size of the part in the game.  Scale up the model in blender accordingly.  Then in Blender just use the mu you imported as a template and use it to make sure your part fits within the same dimensions.  This is what I did (but making it fit outside) when making the BPC for my Mk1-2 LES.

Edit: And if it needs to fit inside the SDHI part, just use that as the template.

Edited by Kurld

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.