going to try first mods, suggestions?

pondweed

Hi all

so i got a new laptop (asus G752: 970M / i7-6700HQ / 16GB ram), forgot to move over my career save file. so i gonna start again (without revert to launch feature, but this time, seeing as i got better specs, id like to try some mods.

firstly id like to try some visual mods (maybe clouds wold be nice), or any other visual mods you think are good, (not sure what visual mods are worth it with 970M).

iv also seen some cool mods which show additional information/statistics about Delta-V, aerodynamics and other things. im fairly okay at building efficient rockets, but i feel i kinda reached a plateau with simple trail-and-error guess-designing. it would be nice to have some actual figures to work with. I think i heard people mention mech-jeb before. that one any good / up to date ?   

thanks for your time, have a nice day.

PW

31 minutes ago, pondweed said:

just realized there are a lot of very good suggestions on these forums. i should probably look before posting these questions :rolleyes:

Mechjeb and M.O.L.E -  if you play career mechjeb unlocks each autopilot after you have mastered how to do the function, and M.O.L.E because it brings stations and station building earlier in the game than the stock tree. 

Geh

Is there a heads-up display that replaces the nav ball? In certain situations I find myself concentrating on the nav-ball and not even looking at the rest of the screen, i.e docking. I am not sure it is even possible, but it would be cool if you had a heads-up display in the center of the screen that allows you to see everything on the screen overlaid with a transparent display of all the information of the nav-ball.

27 minutes ago, Ty Tan Tu said:

Is there a heads-up display that replaces the nav ball? In certain situations I find myself concentrating on the nav-ball and not even looking at the rest of the screen, i.e docking. I am not sure it is even possible, but it would be cool if you had a heads-up display in the center of the screen that allows you to see everything on the screen overlaid with a transparent display of all the information of the nav-ball.

I think think would fit the bill. It basically projects the nav ball on the screen.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.