The OTech Track Attack Challenge

Just now, qzgy said:

I think your Lowell Amsterdam.

I don't think so, he wrote:

- Top Speed: ~45 m/s 

- Max G's: ~3.0G's

And those figures don't fit really fit the profile of this little car. But I could be wrong. It's light and the GT has more grip than the standard version.

1 hour ago, Azimech said:

That is nice but which vehicle?

Need some help? What seems to be the problem?

1 hour ago, Azimech said:

I don't think so, he wrote:

And those figures don't fit really fit the profile of this little car. But I could be wrong. It's light and the GT has more grip than the standard version.

It is the GT. I hit somewhere around that mark heading into Furioso (The corner behind the SPH), which is the fastest part of the track

13 hours ago, goduranus said:

This is actually true. I've been trying to not use the computer after 8 so I can sleep better. It's the blue light from the screens. Not all screens will disrupt your sleep though.

Ah well it just seems like such a short time! I'm getting home from football at around 6-6:30ish, and then it's a 15-20 minute drive from school to home (I go to school about 10 miles away from the town I live in. Long story), so I have a little less than 5 minutes if that much :(

11 hours ago, qzgy said:

Oh, maybe I should say something about my craft.... They all seem to be in the light category, but also have more than 6 wheels. So... May have to be bumped up to full or something.

Yeah.. They'd probably be a full-size. Or you could like rip off a couple wheels?

10 hours ago, goduranus said:

Got a kart. Comes with a detachable copula for the racer to wait for the race to start.

Size in VAB is 5.3m long, but if you remove the copula it actually says 3.5m.

https://kerbalx.com/goduranus/Race-Kart-goduranus

z9YDm7W.jpg

NICE!

10 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Whooooooah!!! EPIC!!!!

6 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

@Joseph Kerman wow, that car looks amazing! I might try it out later. I'm going to enter a car I built a while ago, which is quite hard to describe. It has 3 junos, and I find best results are produced when toggling between using 1,2 and 3. Could I set 1 engine running as default and have the other 2 set to RCS

Yeah sure! I normally run RCS on the runs anyways; I have no clue why :P

4 hours ago, goduranus said:

Now a light kar, no inspiration, six wheels of functionality. Powered by fuel cell and has a cow catcher to absorb impacts and keep parts from exploding from inevitable collisions. Perfectly tuned steering gives it a natural cornering feel, and balanced weight distribution lets it keep all six wheels on the ground. Top speed with 43.8m/s without kerbal and 42.1m/s with kerbal.

https://kerbalx.com/goduranus/Race-Litekar-goduranus

And a jet light kar which looks almost the same, note jetflap is linked to throttle and not brakes, so jet is off unless you press W.

https://kerbalx.com/goduranus/Race-Jetlitekar-goduranus

dQzPB6y.jpg

Sweet!

2 hours ago, tsgaerospace said:

well... it looks like i´m not participating then... :(

Aww :( Sorry to hear that! Will we be seeing you in September?

Also, I'm going to do a track tour via pictures, just so y'all know what I'm talking about when I say "Furioso" or "Velocidad", or even "Tempesta". Let me get the old KSP warmed up

Oh and, I forgot to post the Day 1 review.

So, what have we learned from Day 1? Well, first off, the Indycar is bloody fast. In fact, same for the other 2. 77l has basically a.. a form of a stranglehold on the motorsport world, with a mix of elite, fancy, and downright monstrous cars. And we only touched the tip of the surface. 77l's LMP1 boasts a top speed and max grip higher than the Indycar; if such a thing can exist. So will anyone be able to topple 77l from it's throne of glory? Will it be OTech? L.A.B Enterprises? Or will it be one of the outlying manufacturers? Find out now.. In Day 2!

HtPPC6L.png

The Loop

The T1/T18 complex are a group of medium speed turns. The car likes to understeer going into 18, and the straight holds the start/finish line.

Lj2u9hx.png

Furioso is a complex of 2 high-speed corners, where max speed is attained heading into Furioso 2. Entering Furioso 1, drivers tend to run wide before taking every inch of the exit, and conserving momentum through to the brake zone of Furioso 2.

GaOkxHC.png

The Tunnel

(T4-5)

What do you want? It's a tunnel. NEXT!

CYApUeH.png

Tempesta

The T11/12 chicane is a medium-speed complex with a challenge to it. This starts off the fastest section of the track, where the momentum must be conserve from Tempesta, into Velocidad, and all the way to Furioso.

Qz2hHsj.png

Velocidad

(T13-14)

Velocidad, Spanish for Speed, is a fast, high-speed right-left section of turns that tests the cars speed and suspension.

Next car up is @Azimech's 77l- LMP1

Vehicle Stats

Size

Height: 1.6m

Width: 2.3m

Length: 5.6m

Parts: 117

Mass: 4.848t (10,688.01 lbs)

---

Class: Jet

Sub-class: Light

---

Test Drive Remarks

Test Driver: Valentina Kerman (3-time KSCRC Champion, 4-time KRC Champion, 2016 CKI Team Winner)

Pre-Practice

Valentina Kerman (Driver): "So why am I here?"

Benjamin Kerman (Engineer): "Jeb decided that since it's an old car, it deserves an old driver."

VK: "Har har."

BK: "In all seriousness, Jeb got a cold, so you're his replacement."

VK: "So I've got to drive this around the course?"

BK: "Yup."

VK: "Easy-peasy."

Post-Run

VK: "Oh my god I know why Jeb loves this job."

BK: "You liked it?"

VK: "It's so dang fast! The rears are a bit loose, but nothing some spoiler modifications can't fix."

Performance Report

Date: 8/19/2017

Car: LMP1

Designer/Manufacturer: 77l Industries

Track Notes

- The car's really slidey. Through the high-speed twists, both the front and rear tires like to slide to the outside wall, but the fronts do have a tendency to act like a pit bull; they'll grab on and refuse to give back control.
- It's got insane acceleration using 4 Junos.
- It's incredibly fun to drive, but it's a handful. It reeealy keeps you on your toes. 

Vehicle test complete!

Time

Lap 1: 01:48.27

Lap 2: 01:42.47

Lap 3: 01:45.53

Total Time: 05:16.28

Fastest Lap: 01:42.47 (Lap 2)

Performance Notes

- The cars rear end likes to do a mix between wacky understeer and wild oversteer.  

- Top Speed: ~58.6 m/s 

- Max G's: ~5.0G's

- After raising Friction Control on the outside rear wheels, the fronts really have trouble keeping the high-speed grip through Velocidad and Furioso.

- Overall, the car's really stable, and fast. But then again.. It's a regulation Le Mans race car. 

Congrats to @Azimech for making another incredible car! Next up will be @Azimech's 77l- Porsche 917K 1970 V1.0

5 minutes ago, goduranus said:

I wish you posted screenshots of cars that weren't submitted in this thread. We see exciting readouts but don't know what the car that clocked the times look like.

I'll get pics up; I added images of the Lambo, but then I realized that I would run out of time if I took pics of every single moment. However, because the public requests.. To the track!

8 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Yeah.. They'd probably be a full-size. Or you could like rip off a couple wheels?

I could, but it's fine and probably better to just stick them in the full-size category. I'll make some more cars to properly satisfy requirements soon(tm)

1 hour ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Have you done?

Well see I've got something called school, which tends to take up my entire week from 7am to 8pm. I'll be doing the OTA on weekends, unless the planets align on a full moon after a rooster crows 3 consecutive times outside my bedroom window. (In other words, expect results on Sat/Sun). Also, I do need some me-time (Playing other games) So don't expect too much even then.

Note: The thing that took up most of Sunday was actually designing a new prison in Prison Architect. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.