The OTech Track Attack Challenge

Yeah, this was my vision of an American racer from that period. And it handles like it's supposed to. Ever since racing started, the European manufacturers have made the best chassis. Even the famous Ford GT40 which won Le Mans multiple times, was created in England. So while you might not be happy with the result, I am :-)

Vehicle test complete!

Time

Lap 1: 01:57.48

Lap 2: 02:00.05

Lap 3: 01:58.04

Total Time: 05:55.57

Fastest Lap: 01:57.48 (Lap 1)

Performance Notes

During the test, the car handled about as it did during practice. High 1's and low 2's were kinda expected actually

- Top Speed: ~60.1 m/s 

- Max G's: ~3.1G's

- After raising Friction Control on the outside rear wheels and spoiler settings at the rear, the fronts fared.. not so good. Snaps of under/oversteer, and just overall a not-that-great handling model made this car kind of a "meh" vehicle for me. 

Congrats to @Azimech for making another incredible car! Next up will be the L.A.B B10 by a KerbalX user named LAB Enterprises.

Question: For the Kart class would Fuel Cells be acceptable as a power source? It's still all electric, but I only need two of the small fuel cell units. They only hold 50 units per cell, but they regenerate.

5 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Question: For the Kart class would Fuel Cells be acceptable as a power source? It's still all electric, but I only need two of the small fuel cell units. They only hold 50 units per cell, but they regenerate.

Sure. As long as it uses no lf engines, go for it

Just now, DarkOwl57 said:

Sure. As long as it uses no lf engines, go for it

Not a problem. My little monster is still all electric. Would you still prefer the 400 unit requirement (Three of the small batteries I can handle easily)?

13 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Not a problem. My little monster is still all electric. Would you still prefer the 400 unit requirement (Three of the small batteries I can handle easily)?

sure. I don't want to run out on lap 3 half a lap from the end after all

Just now, DarkOwl57 said:

sure. I don't want to run out on lap 3 half a lap from the end after all

Oh heck, I ran it for 20 minutes at Wide Open Throttle just with the two fuel cells, but I'll put in the required 400 units. No problem. :)

Almost there.....it's not a easy car to drive, but she'll do 0 to 100 Km/hr in 2.5 seconds and a top speed of 190km/hr.
Almost takes 8G turns....she kind of gets a bit out of shape there.......still working on it.

6AtWC2t.png

Alright. She's done. Best I can do for a 1.007 tonne car. She's a handful. Massive amounts of acceleration off the line, and not very forgiving to errors. Turning is a very quick precise affair, but if you can handle her she'll whip around the track in record time. Probably scare the crap out of Jeb and Valentina. :D
The Intake "grille" is decoration only.

Avro Grand Prix Special
Class: Kart
Weight: 1.007 tonnes
Length: 3.1m
Width: 2.5m
Height: 1.1m
Powerplant: Two 50 unit Fuel cells
Storage: Three 100 unit batteries
Fuel: LF/OX for fuel cells
Propulsion: Electric motors
Torque split between front/rear: 55/45 biased to rear tires
Airfoil: Yes, rear only (behind rear aero cone)
Headlights/taillights: Yes. Taillights are triggered off the brakes.

Special notes: Staging turns on Fuel Cells and front headlights and the "Fog lamps". Basically hit the space bar, everything turns on, then go racing!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vtwqey5j90vu4z/Avro Gran Prix Special.craft?dl=0

https://kerbalx.com/GDJ/Avro-Gran-Prix-Special
COt7bEx.png

Edited by GDJ
Additional link to KerbalX. Me can't read too good. Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

So it's been a while.. and for that, I'm truly sorry. I've been so busy with school, and tbh, I've accidentally messed up on the scheduling. But I promise, as soon as the weekend rolls around, I will 100% work on the OT- is that a F-22? Uh... er..... uuuuuhhhhh...... *whips head around*

So. While we wait, here's a roster.

@LABenterprises: B10

@LABenterprises: B12

@LABenterprises: Apex

@LABenterprises: LMP1

@LABenterprises: Any L.A.B car I've forgotten (Except the drag car; that one's staying on the drag strip)

@53miner53: SuperCar 4.1

@53miner53: SuperCar 8

@qzgy: Kamborghini Tifone (Autocorrect had a ball with that :/)

@53miner53: SuperCar 6

@qzgy: BAC mono kinda 5

@goduranus: Race Kart goduranus

@Joseph Kerman: Supercar

@goduranus: Race Litekar goduranus

@goduranus: Race Jetlitekar goduranus

@qzgy: KF-1

@qzgy: Lankia Rally Special

@GDJ: Avro Gran Prix Special

Edited by DarkOwl57

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2017 at 11:16 AM, DarkOwl57 said:

Awh shoot! Completely forgot. I'll try to get working on it again. First I've got to remember the track though! :P I'll get the results up as soon as I make them.

Any word on progress?

8 hours ago, qzgy said:

Any word on progress?

so.... good news, bad news. Good news: I GOT UPDATED TO 1.3.1!!! YAY!!!

Bad.... Somehow, the folder I was using to put my race stuff in got deleted.... :( I'll get everything back up through the break (Hopefully) and see what I can do. 

1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

so.... good news, bad news. Good news: I GOT UPDATED TO 1.3.1!!! YAY!!!

Bad.... Somehow, the folder I was using to put my race stuff in got deleted.... :( I'll get everything back up through the break (Hopefully) and see what I can do. 

Could be worse. Its not like you had anything custom in it.... right? All the craft files and markers and so on are somewhere on the internet, probably. Oh well.

Well, here's my kart entry. I hope that kerbals can easily take 16 G's without passing out.

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/oREQR

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/q4kdegdfkzldyo3/Teh_Zoom.craft

EDIT: It takes a lot of practice to use this because it goes extremely fast and has very sensitive turns but at least it doesn't have a drifting problem

Edited by colfighter

• 2 weeks later...

Attention: Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, I believe that this challenge may have to end. It's not that I don't like the challenge; I love it. But I have completely lost the entire save file, all the craft, and any setup plans I had on future cars. I will try to see if I can get some back, but is looking really doubtful after a computer bug. Again, really sorry about this, but at this point I just don't know what to do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.