Why are you around the kerbal forum

WinkAllKerb''

title say it all, off topic is allowed, whatever:i ll start i m here for a few reasons

one being that's since i m here and thanks to many members of the community i no longer have to deal with "white house" french psychatric hospital and their magic pills that supposedly aim without any sort of failures and side effects only one place in your body or brain, and well since i m around my brain sanity is much better than a few years ago, off course this is also one of the sole place i m not annoyed as a "lite autistic fiber person" and i d like it to stay as is :wink: whatever that mean ^^

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

still you not answered anithing in pm kspbegginer , your private message remain a tad bit unclear, but if seem something really tickle you in the background

so if something tickle you that much just ask it simply, cause i remain a tad bit dubitative with your last private message and aside 4 5 more or less happy guess i have frankly no idea what you were attempting to talk about

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

I originally moved to this forum from the steam forum, I believe it was to get an answer to a question... I don't really remember anymore. 

What I do remember is when I visited, I found this forum to be much more polite and friendlier than most I've visited, so I decided to stay. Since then I've made a bunch of new friends, and then discovered I'm apparently pretty good at this fan-fiction thing...

Bottom line: This is a cool forum!  :D

Edited by Just Jim

• 3 weeks later...

I'm here on the forums because I spend about 90% of my KSP time checking out the forum for:

• any cool new mods for a career game
  • any updates for the mods I'm using
  • 'when' an update for a mod I'm using might drop
  • any MM patches that might be useful or that might fix an existing mod
  • checking out old 1.2 and older mods to see if they might be a useful idea for my career game
  • checking what mods will make my game look pretty and not tank performance too much
  • browsing mod I know to see if I can actually answer a question for someone or test an element of a mod for the developer

5% of my KSP time is installing the game into a various directories and ensuring I get what I what on the screen and in the VAB with a test sandbox world.
3% of my KSP time is adding minor personnel MM patches and tweaks to my own game
Lastly - the final  2% is actually playing the darn game.

It's no wonder I never get out of the Kerbin SOI in Career. I get too distracted with the latest cool thing, I restart and try all over again only to bog down in science collection.
Stupid thing is I have desire to change this pattern, so I'll be on the forums more than playing to game for while to go :) 

1. For the same reason I'm a moderator:  I like to help people.
  2. I really, really like explaining things.  Here's a nice place where I can explain things to strangers to my heart's content, and give my loved ones a much-needed break.  :blush:
  3. I like to make mods.  This is a nice place to "publish" them, gather feedback, and provide assistance about them.
  4. Duty calls.

Well, officially I lurked for 3 years before making an account because I wanted in.

But, I had a music video of "The Final Countdown" to share. Unfortunately, it got copyright blocked. If you don't live in Canada or Germany, you can still see it, although it is unlisted.

I stayed because I wrote a story about giant spaceships... and a few people seemed to like my subpar writing skills.

I'm still here because I wrote an even better story about what Humans would do if they were on Kerbin... and apparently I'm doing something right, a lot of people seem to like that...

And I'm really glad I'm here!

Really? Okay, here we go.

So I was hanging around Google finding some cool KSP pics, when I came across a mission report. I made an account, and commented how cool a ship looked. From then on, I was hooked. 

But the main reason I've stuck around?

1) I've got no life

2) I've got nothing to do

3) Why not? It's an amazing place filled with amazing people!

4) Where else am I going to put my (frankly terrible) works of writing? :P

I joined the forum as I had looked at some articles, and was a bit tired of being a 'Guest'. So I made an account, KerbalManiac, but then changed the name to The_Cat_In_Space as I love cats and space travel. Now I just look forward to people responding to my posts, so I can play the notification sound at max volume in class. It's so funny: "What's that noise?" "There it is again!". I'm not really one to get into massive technical discussions, but do enjoy a good challenge or two :wink:

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:59 PM, WinkAllKerb'' said:

lite autistic fiber person

You have autism too? I'm not the only one! :D

I had to check my post history.  Apparently, I made an account to share craft files for my kethane Eve lander.  Then I tried to calculate the ISP of my car... 

Eventually, after kopernicus came out, I created a planet - Asclepius.  I've been here ever since attempting to keep it (and Kronkus) updated.

I enjoy the community... I always learn something new, and unexpected when browsing around.  There are some really smart people floating around the kerbalverse!

I too have had to deal with psychiatric issues. (Scary stuff)

Edited by MrChumley

On 24/08/2017 at 0:26 AM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

you have autism too? I'm not the only one! :D

"autism fiber spectrum", but you know actually according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSM-5 actually they just don't really get it at all ...

oh and btw the original post is from cratercraker, this one is just a repost, so thks crater for asking this at first a while back ^^

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.