[solved] RO: Misterious acceleration of spent stages

Hi everyone. I'm currently working on an RO install in KSP 1.2.2. I encountered lots of issues but have so far been able to solve them myself. 

However: I encountered this bug that makes spent stages (oddly only the later stages) mysteriously accelerate after being detached (it seems like they always accelerate radial in).

Edit: I checked on the bug again. It happens as soon as I leave the atmosphere.

Is this a "feature" of some mod in Realism Overhaul?

I installed all the dependent and many recommended mods for RO and RP-0.

I'm still looking for a version of Kerbal Construction Time that works in 1.2.2. I found versions for 1.1.3 and 1.3, so there must be one for 1.2.2?

Thanks.

Edited by Physics Student

First of all, here's the link to KCT for 1.2.2. Quite easy to find haha.

Second, I'm not totally sure where you are reffering to. Could you make a video or some screenshot so we can have a better look at the same situation?
Also, if something is really wrong, some logs would be awesome.
For the most easy install, you could install RO/RSS etc. with CKAN now.. Normally I'm not the kind of person that recommends it doing this way, but with such big installs that consumes a lot of time, I think it's quite a good way to do.

21 hours ago, DrLicor said:

First of all, here's the link to KCT for 1.2.2. Quite easy to find haha.

Thanks! Sometimes I'm blind.

Could you make a video or some screenshot so we can have a better look at the same situation?

It would have to be a video, I'll try to make one later. Until this, let me try to explain better:

When I ditch a stage inside of the atmosphere, it behaves as expected, "floating" behind me like Newton indented it to do. As soon as we (my ship and the stage behind me) exit the atmosphere, it accelerates radial in. It even keeps doing it when I switch to it. Might this be some kind of passivation mode?

20 hours ago, Nightside said:

Are you at orbital velocity or still  suborbital ?

It happens in both cases, but only outside of the atmosphere. 

For the most easy install, you could install RO/RSS etc. with CKAN now.

I had issues with that and I figure fixing them is even more work than installing everything manually.

Hmm, that's indeed very strange, looking at your list, there's also no mod included that would take care of stage recovery, in case that would tricker it or something like that. 

Persistent rotation is only able to control the rotation of a craft, so that one isn't the problem, but you could try to turn it off to be sure, since that's quite easy to do ingame

Mechjeb often gives problems when the versions don't correspondence, you could do a double check if you have the right version. 

Same is actually for realism overhaul's dependencies.. 

The only mod else that comes last on my mind is ModularFlightIntegrator.. It's a depence of the RO pack I believe. Just a double check.

Also as last option that I could think of, does it happen with all the stages, hasn't it to do with a certain part(pack/mod). For example launch a SRB in the air and see if it also gives the same results. Maybe it's a corrupt part, which is quite unlikely, but just to make sure. 

On 28.7.2017 at 3:05 AM, DrLicor said:

The only mod else that comes last on my mind is ModularFlightIntegrator.. It's a depence of the RO pack I believe. Just a double check.

I did and it solved the problem, thanks!

I updated Kopernikus along with ModularFlightIntegrator and the bug is gone. looks like I had an older version installed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.