Kerbal Combat Simulator

What's your opinion?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea?

2. 2. Do you think others will like it?

3. 3. Do you think this will be a good investment of my time

4 hours ago, Jas0n said:

Just a thought, it would be cool to add Kerbin side and have scenarios attacking other bases.

If you've already thought of it my bad :)

I wanted to do that, but I cant. I dont have alphashes permission to redistribute the meshes/textures, and

@Ger_space, the current maintainer,  does not have permission to redistribute the assets other than in KK-K-Side through the direct download link. Only the plugin has a license, therefore id need to make my own runways/textures/buildings/.

3 hours ago, dundun92 said:

I wanted to do that, but I cant. I dont have alphashes permission to redistribute the meshes/textures, and

@Ger_space, the current maintainer,  does not have permission to redistribute the assets other than in KK-K-Side through the direct download link. Only the plugin has a license, therefore id need to make my own runways/textures/buildings/.

.There is no real need for creating new buildings, except if you want something special. Kerbal Konstrukts can place new instances of the stock KSP buidings (Tier 1, 2, ) KSP2, and KSP island runway. This should give you enougth to create some new bases.

I'm also in the progress of slowly recreating all of AlphaAshs assets unter a Free License so they can be redistributed freely, but my time is limited so progress is slow.

9 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

.There is no real need for creating new buildings, except if you want something special. Kerbal Konstrukts can place new instances of the stock KSP buidings (Tier 1, 2, ) KSP2, and KSP island runway. This should give you enougth to create some new bases.

I'm also in the progress of slowly recreating all of AlphaAshs assets unter a Free License so they can be redistributed freely, but my time is limited so progress is slow.

I didnt know that. Thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the massive delay, school has really gotten in the way. My KSP has been acting up recently. It doesnt display any SPH vehicles (VAB is just fine). The .craft files are still there, and IDK what is going on.

On 12/09/2017 at 3:25 PM, dundun92 said:

Sorry for the massive delay, school has really gotten in the way. My KSP has been acting up recently. It doesnt display any SPH vehicles (VAB is just fine). The .craft files are still there, and IDK what is going on.

I've encountered your problem before ... I found it has 2 causes

1- A save file is Borked

2- A craft file is Borked

I found that sometimes copying saves from one game to another can cause a Bork but still unsure of the root of the issue

Wonderful thing this.

But please, change Kombat into Combat. And tell ya, it's my own two cents. You decide obviously. But the cynical K word abbreviations are getting old.

KCS sounds symphonical, while KKS sounds like I need to thrust a dead ferret through my esophagus. Hope point was clear enough. I'll see what you do with it.

On 9/16/2017 at 10:09 AM, DoctorDavinci said:

I've encountered your problem before ... I found it has 2 causes

1- A save file is Borked

2- A craft file is Borked

I found that sometimes copying saves from one game to another can cause a Bork but still unsure of the root of the issue

It was a .craft file. It works now. Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Helmetman said:

Wonderful thing this.

But please, change Kombat into Combat. And tell ya, it's my own two cents. You decide obviously. But the cynical K word abbreviations are getting old.

KCS sounds symphonical, while KKS sounds like I need to thrust a dead ferret through my esophagus. Hope point was clear enough. I'll see what you do with it.

I get your point. Ill consider changing it.

So how would this combat work? Ai controlled? Without multiplayer I dont see how it would work to present a entertaining challenge. If it was multiplayer based I would answer all "yes" to the poll. But without multiplayer I would have to say no to the poll. Just my 2 cents

6 hours ago, Redneck said:

So how would this combat work? Ai controlled? Without multiplayer I dont see how it would work to present a entertaining challenge. If it was multiplayer based I would answer all "yes" to the poll. But without multiplayer I would have to say no to the poll. Just my 2 cents

In BDarmory, you can set a craft to be controlled by AI.

6 hours ago, Redneck said:

Multiplayer will come soon enough.

1 minute ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Actually, it won't. Squad has been promising MP since the early days of KSP. Just forget MP and don't let your hopes go too high. 

I was referring to DMP actually...

Just now, Lo Var Lachland said:

Well, it's already here, but I hate it. I hate everything about it. It's laggy, buggy, and overall, ridiculous. 

I know, but its the only one out there...

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2017 at 3:41 PM, Aperture Science said:

RPM and IVA HUD should be mandatory if we're doing this.

I'm currently downloading Unity and its stuff to make a mod I've been thinking of for a while, maybe I can help doing new RPM windows if I manage to learn how it works.

Also, "Kerbal Kombat" reminds me of Mortal Kombat.

K E E E R B A A A L  K O O O M B A A A T

Just curious, have you done anything with this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.