Well.. I've build a Harvester :D This is a Space Flight Simulator and i played it so much that i've felt teh urge to build a Harvester.

So did you guys ever wondered about those tons of food your Kerbals must eat on those everlasting interplanetary missions? It has to come from somewhere and since KSP doesn't led you run supplies in stock, it has to be done automaticly in the backround. hm....
Ever wondered why Kerbin has no cities? Simple! They use evey hectare of fertile ground to harvest wheat and this vehicle makes it all possible. :P

Kerbals love their bread! On long missions to distance worlds it reminds them of home. But there wouldn’t be none if it weren’t for the Kerbal farmers. Every day and night, hard working Kerbals sit on top of their Harvesters working the field, knowing they are the backbone of the Kerbal Space Program! Liquid Fuel may light the Engines, but food fires up the Kerbals :D

Well that's atleast the backstory that came to my head when i finished this "rover" :D 

a846a7-1501112284.jpg  e0f366-1501112318.jpg 

41b04b-1501112296.jpg06be1a-1501112305.jpg  accd66-1501112312.jpg

Here's teh craftfile incase some of y'all want this thing :D  https://kerbalx.com/SpaceTrashCan/Harvester

And it's a pretty accurate looking harvester!  Especially the head unit.  I downloaded it right when I saw it.

I've always called it a Combine.  You need a farm dumptruck now, or a semi truck with a hopper type trailer.

1 hour ago, klond said:

And it's a pretty accurate looking harvester!  Especially the head unit.  I downloaded it right when I saw it.

I've always called it a Combine.  You need a farm dumptruck now, or a semi truck with a hopper type trailer.

I think @Jon144 has one, it might be too big though :wink:

On 7/27/2017 at 8:48 PM, qzgy said:

Really beautiful. Now It would be nice to see the spinny thing at the front spin

OK!

With @SpaceTrashCan's permission here's the file with spinning, um, rotor head?  Not sure what to call it.  And movable uhhh dump arm?  Transfer arm?

n13lHWI.jpg

UaZ8XAo.jpg

I didn't put a docking port on the arm, but there is an airbrake on Button1 to hold it at home position so it doesn't flop too much when driving.

http://www.filedropper.com/harvesterk

Combine in a space game - love it.

Edited by klond

On 7/29/2017 at 8:16 PM, klond said:

With @SpaceTrashCan's permission here's the file with spinning, um, rotor head?  Not sure what to call it.  And movable uhhh dump arm?  Transfer arm?

The "spinning, um, rotor head" is called a reel. The movable dump arm is called the auger. And yes, the general term for the machine as a whole is "combine", although harvester is technically accurate.

The term "combine" came into existence when the harvesting and threshing components were "combined" into one machine. 

Having grown up on a farm (as indicated by my profile pic), I really appreciate this :)

Edited by mattssheep4

• 1 month later...

Wow this is soo realistic ! Incredible work ! :)

In France we call that a "moissonneuse - batteuse ", it says both the 2 usages of this machine : the harvesting (moisson) and the threshing (battage) :wink:

The rotating parts are full stock? Amazing !

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.