Stock Propeller Challenge

In this challenge, you goal is to make a Stock Propeller that can go around the world.

please include some pictures and a craft link.  

you can land whenever you want

quickest time wins!

Rules:

2 propellers max. each propeller can only have up to 8 blades on it

no loading quicksaves

no RTG's. but solar panels are allowed

no alt f12 or taking advantage of errors, bugs, or krakens.

max cost: 350,000

max weight: 35 tons

allowed mods:

Stock*

airplane plus

KAS. used for making fuel stops along the way

you can use up to 3 vessels

*no stock RDGs allowed

Edited by Guest

I think all electric propellers can go around the world without fuel, and you could just strap solar panels around the engine cowling to rotate with the engine as an extra bearing and power. I'm not sure on this, but I think propellers lose thrust very quickly at mid to high altitudes, which are the only altitudes circumnavigation is bearable time wise. I just don't have the time to enter, sorry.

Adding to what @MiffedStarfish said, I've made stock solar powered propeller planes before, which would have no trouble circumnavigating the planet as many times as you like. The real question is Do I feel like flying that long just to demonstrate that it can? and the answer is, to quote The Office, "NO! GOD! NO GOD PLEASE NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOOO!" :0.0:

I don't know, maybe one of those guys with those aerodynamic zero-drag-fairing exploit supersonic prop planes would be happier to do it. :P

Messed up the landing though, so broke the rules had to quickload. Used mechjeb for altitude control and top speed was about 220 m/s - divide Kerbin's radius with that to get the trip time. Not sure if I have the craft file anymore, pm me if interested.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.