Kerbal Kombat Simulator Kraft Thread!

56 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

@JollyGreenGI by the way, can you recreate the 9k121 Vikhr missile pods that can hold 8 missiles?

Oh, you mean something like this?

gNMdo0U.jpg

I saw that Vikhr is a beam riding AGM so I figured the TOW would be a good substitute, but it's range leaves much to be desired and you have to keep the aircraft very steady or the missile will veer wildly. I'm thinking Hellfires will be a better analogue. 

3 hours ago, JollyGreenGI said:

Oh, you mean something like this?

gNMdo0U.jpg

I saw that Vikhr is a beam riding AGM so I figured the TOW would be a good substitute, but it's range leaves much to be desired and you have to keep the aircraft very steady or the missile will veer wildly. I'm thinking Hellfires will be a better analogue. 

You usually have to keep the real life SU25t steady before firing the Vikhr anyway. When the Vikhr is selected, a reticle appears on the HUD, which you have to align with the target you painted.

07_Vikhr_Indication.jpg

So yeah. There isn't much room to move anyway.

1 minute ago, Matuchkin said:

You usually have to keep the real life SU25t steady before firing the Vikhr anyway. When the Vikhr is selected, a reticle appears on the HUD, which you have to align with the target you painted.

What I'm saying is that even after the TOW leaves the rack, any aircraft movements jerk the missile around like a puppet, probably because it's trying to ride the beam.

19 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

Yes they work much better. I'm pretty sure the TOWs in BDarmory are designed for land vehicles and helos only.

I actually think that's their only real life use. Look, you should get DCS and get a feel for the SU-25t. Just do it, it's free and you got nothing to lose. You're gonna know a lot more about what you are doing in that case.

34 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

I actually think that's their only real life use. Look, you should get DCS and get a feel for the SU-25t. Just do it, it's free and you got nothing to lose. You're gonna know a lot more about what you are doing in that case.

It's DCS world right? Downloading at the moment, it'll be a few hours. In the meantime though, you can give this a whirl, gimme your thoughts: https://kerbalx.com/JollyGreenGI/Pu-15TM-Bishop-KCS

aS7L8m8.jpg

6 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

It's DCS world right? Downloading at the moment, it'll be a few hours. In the meantime though, you can give this a whirl, gimme your thoughts: https://kerbalx.com/JollyGreenGI/Pu-15TM-Bishop-KCS

aS7L8m8.jpg

Uhh. Yeah. About that. I can't give it a whirl, because I don't have a computer with KSP on it, and I am not permitted to download it on this one. I will try to access it somewhere during this week. Sorry.

EDIT: I mean, I have a computer with KSP on it, I just don't have that computer with me.

Edited by Matuchkin

29 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Uhh. Yeah. About that. I can't give it a whirl, because I don't have a computer with KSP on it, and I am not permitted to download it on this one. I will try to access it somewhere during this week. Sorry.

EDIT: I mean, I have a computer with KSP on it, I just don't have that computer with me.

That's fine, I'm not in any hurry.

As a wise old man once said... "Another one, another one."

So here's the Pu-20S 'Breacher'. A straight up fighter jet designed for Air Superiority and enhanced maneuverability at speed. I highly suggest flying this with a flight stick or a controller, as sharp inputs may throw it into a stall.

https://kerbalx.com/JollyGreenGI/Pu-20S-Breacher-KCS

SwQoSU3.jpg

I'm currently in the middle of redesigning A-30 'Blitzen', as it's been completely outclassed by the Pu-15 'Bishop' I put out on monday. Hopefully I can get better flight characteristics out of it soon.

1 hour ago, JollyGreenGI said:

So here's the Pu-20S 'Breacher'. A straight up fighter jet designed for Air Superiority and enhanced maneuverability at speed. I highly suggest flying this with a flight stick or a controller, as sharp inputs may throw it into a stall.

I'm currently in the middle of redesigning A-30 'Blitzen', as it's been completely outclassed by the Pu-15 'Bishop' I put out on monday. Hopefully I can get better flight characteristics out of it soon.

Seriously good stuff. How are you doing on your DCS install?

I think you and I should plan a campaign or war to use as a scenario series with these aircraft. We can consult the OPs of this thread via private message and start thinking. What do you think on this matter?

4 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

Seriously good stuff. How are you doing on your DCS install?

Thanks! Nothing serious in DCS yet, just running through the tutorials to get familiar. It's going... alright:

j7FfMNn.jpg

At least I know that 'Bishop' can handle rough landings like the Su-25 now. Handling feels similar enough, KSP is a little quicker but meh. Both have the same single wing dip when stalling. 

I think you and I should plan a campaign or war to use as a scenario series with these aircraft. We can consult the OPs of this thread via private message and start thinking. What do you think on this matter?

Are you saying like a series of missions for Kerbal Combat Simulator? Or something entirely separate? Both are cool ideas.

Edited by JollyGreenGI

6 hours ago, JollyGreenGI said:

Are you saying like a series of missions for Kerbal Combat Simulator? Or something entirely separate? Both are cool ideas.

I'm saying a series of missions. You have by far the most realistic planes here, so I think that's a good idea.

6 hours ago, JollyGreenGI said:

At least I know that 'Bishop' can handle rough landings like the Su-25 now. Handling feels similar enough, KSP is a little quicker but meh. Both have the same single wing dip when stalling. 

It is possible to land the Su-25 on its fuselage, lift it back up, pop its gear out, and take off again. Our planes are crazy. :) 

15 hours ago, JollyGreenGI said:

Thanks! Nothing serious in DCS yet, just running through the tutorials to get familiar. It's going... alright:

j7FfMNn.jpg

9 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

I'm saying a series of missions. You have by far the most realistic planes here, so I think that's a good idea.

It is possible to land the Su-25 on its fuselage, lift it back up, pop its gear out, and take off again. Our planes are crazy. :) 

I already had such an idea in mind. 

Just updated A-30C 'Blitzen III' to A-30D ''Blitzen IV', it's now on par with the Pu-15TM 'Bishop' in terms of agility, payload, part count, and speed. I recommend you replace 30C with 30D.

A-30D 'Blitzen IV' download: https://kerbalx.com/JollyGreenGI/A-30D-Blitzen-IV-KCS
Pu-15TM 'Bishop' download: https://kerbalx.com/JollyGreenGI/Pu-15TM-Bishop-KCS

RSYKUu1.jpg

Edited by JollyGreenGI

On 11/9/2017 at 6:04 PM, JollyGreenGI said:

SwQoSU3.jpg

We will take that plane!

dundun92 said it will be on the enemy side with my plane!

6 hours ago, Schwarz said:

Just out of curiosity, why are B9 aerospace parts not allowed?
Procedural wings works so well it's really hard to ditch.

It's not necessary. We already have airplane plus. Besides, what parts do we need in b9? Their all spaceplane parts. It's just another mod that will slow down the game and it's loading time.

2 hours ago, dundun93 said:

We will take that plane!

dundun92 said it will be on the enemy side with my plane!

Wait, so you have a plane that is a) as detailed as JollyGreenGI's, b) as realistic as his, and c) looks similar? Because if not, the campaign that we will develop will look very weird. Anyway, I am starting a conversation with you and him.

2 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

Wait, so you have a plane that is a) as detailed as JollyGreenGI's, b) as realistic as his, and c) looks similar? Because if not, the campaign that we will develop will look very weird. Anyway, I am starting a conversation with you and him.

Dundun92 likes jollys better than his own!

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.