Fuel switchers

Blackline

Hey fellow modders,

Is anyone able to see through the vast jungle of fuel tank switching mods?

• Configurable containers
  • B9 partswitch
  • Firespitter FS
  • Interstellar FS
  • ...maybe more?...

They all provide different approaches to allow the alterations of fuel tank contents. Now most mods do support one ore more of these possible fuel switchers, which usually works fine for that mod. But as soon as you mix different mods with their tanks and FS patches, it gets unpredictable: one FS is disabled if another FS says so, others disable themselves (if the cfg says so) etc. Wouldn't it make sense to get some sort of "Community based fuel switch"?

Cheers

Totally agree. There really should be a standard that all others conform to.
A community made standard would be just fine but the ideal solution is for SQUAD to incorporate it into the stock game. This would be a very small change that nearly triples the available parts and design options.

The problem with saying 'there should be a standard' is pretty well explained here:

standards.png

Though if Squad puts in one, that should gather up a lot of the low-hanging fruit on this.  I'd expect Firespitter and Interstellar would likely be superseded, at least.

22 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

when the dlc is released

We'll be waiting for this like we've waited for the terrain seam fix...

2 minutes ago, DStaal said:

that should gather up a lot of the low-hanging fruit

I think I can agree on this. I'd also like to see a resolution to this matter of competing standards.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.