How to check last message or communication ?

I saw a message fly bye it was fast but I think I saw something about some or all of my "station crew being homesick" is there any way to see those messages? 

FYI I found a thread from 2015 with the same question and the message at the bottom said to start a new thread any way the result of that thread was there is no way to see them but it's 2 years old so basically I am asking the very same question in a new thread instead of reviving the old one. Can anyone explain why we have to open new threads with the exact same questions? Thanks for your time in reading this and I hope you can answer my questions thanks again.

In the stock game crew will NOT get homesick therefore this MUST be mod related.
You're best, and probably only option is to identify the mod and ask your question in the relevant thread.

Edited by Tex_NL

22 hours ago, KoolBreeze420 said:

Can anyone explain why we have to open new threads with the exact same questions? Thanks for your time in reading this and I hope you can answer my questions thanks again.

Maybe a moderator can give more details (and I actually will report my post to call their attention) , but usually is considered better to create  new thread to avoid confusion with potentially outdated info (often the case with info about the game several updates ago) and avoiding new posters  pinging people that move on to other things. 

Another point,  more specific to this subforum,  is that there is a few functions that will be a bit skewed.  You may have noticed a gray checkmark on each reply in this thread,  but not present in question originated by other people.  If you click any of those it will select the particular reply as the one that solved your doubt, bump it to the top of the thread and Mark the questions as answered.  Other people can upvote replies signaling it as relevant and making it show up higher in the thread than 'lower ranked'  replies.

Anyway ,  if you feel an old thread has relevant info you may always link to it.  Sometimes even reviving an old thread is OK,  in that case a quick disclaimer is a good idea. Chances are that people will spot if there an issue because the thread is old and,  if necessary moderators will take the appropriate measures. OTOH irrelevant threads that get necroed usually go back to rest by their own means. 

In your specific case probably a new thread is the better approach.  The message you had seen was related to your life support mode,  I belive there is a [life support report]  provided by the nod where you can see what, and why, is happening to your crew. For more advice we need to know which mod are you using (and know something about it,  what might not be the case). 

Well the new thread is here, so let's just run with it.

I too have this issue.  Sometimes a bunch of messages pop up on the screen from various sources, some mods, some stock (like transmitting science can create a lot of screen spam).

Is there a buffer of these messages, and is there a way to go back through them? A lot of mods use the default message system to display info, like Life support mods, and missing important messages is a bummer. 

Necroposting is generally frowned upon, but there are exceptions. As a general rule, if it's still an active thread or a mod that's still supported, then feel free to post there.

If it's an ancient thread, then the topic may no longer have any relevance - any issues might be fixed already. If it's for a mod, and the author hasn't been seen in a long while, or has openly said they aren't developing for it any more, then it's usually not a good idea to post there. If in doubt, avoid necroposting.

ScreenMessages (the yellow texts that appear on screen) are generally not logged anywhere, unless the mod you're using also sends them to the debug log with a Debug.write command. Interesting idea for a mod, though.

2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

*looks at tfools job*  Or perhaps stock......  :)

nice try, but just remenber that "staff" not necessarily mean "game designer".

OTOH, something in his rank title, make e think he know the better place to post the suggestion and since he liked the idea...

Well, I made the suggestion to the modding community. If anyone is interested to refine, contribute *cough* code *cough*:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.