KSP Weekly: The 9th Planet

SQUAD

12 minutes ago, John FX said:

Just like engines and their buttress covers or shrouds.

That's different. The new engines apparently decide what to look like based on which node you attach them with. Which is a really bad option IMO because what do they look like when you surface attach them? Can you surface attach them? Have we ruled out surface attaching them because in order to choose what they look like we have to node attach them? Are we going back to the old practice of clipping structural components in order to surface attach these engines in the way we want?

Quite frankly I don't want parts to "decide" what to look like based on how I attach them or what other parts are attached to them, I want a tweakable so I have full control over how they look. I mean, we just got some great tweakables for the wheels which allow great control over the suspension and how they drive, why can't we have nice things for mesh switching as well?

18 hours ago, regex said:

That's different. The new engines apparently decide what to look like based on which node you attach them with. Which is a really bad option IMO because what do they look like when you surface attach them? Can you surface attach them? Have we ruled out surface attaching them because in order to choose what they look like we have to node attach them? Are we going back to the old practice of clipping structural components in order to surface attach these engines in the way we want?

Quite frankly I don't want parts to "decide" what to look like based on how I attach them or what other parts are attached to them, I want a tweakable so I have full control over how they look. I mean, we just got some great tweakables for the wheels which allow great control over the suspension and how they drive, why can't we have nice things for mesh switching as well?

I wasn't saying anything about how it is decided whether to include the tube or not, just that the tube can be optionally included using standard game code already implemented. Of course it would be better to choose yourself rather than the program choosing for you. Crew transfer would need to depend on the tube though.

22 hours ago, John FX said:

Wherever that tiny g-force meter is, you can get the science from it by clicking on your pod.

One of the best lifehacks for KSP I learned quite late is assigning all the science instruments to one action group (I use AG 1), so no more hunting the small experiments all over the craft, just one push of a button :)

Michal.don

7 minutes ago, michal.don said:

One of the best lifehacks for KSP I learned quite late is assigning all the science instruments to one action group (I use AG 1), so no more hunting the small experiments all over the craft, just one push of a button :)

Michal.don

Yeah, until you do something that closes all reports and you have to fiddle with them again, because you do not want to transmit everything on your vessel or something. :wink:

On 7/28/2017 at 11:50 PM, tater said:

there should be a tunnel on the part if the docking port is meant to sit on top.

The game taught me i shouldn't worry about transferring kerbals through fuel tanks, girders and such.

It's surprising we can't transmit them between ships using antennas, yet. :/

Edited by Overfloater

1 hour ago, KerbMav said:

Yeah, until you do something that closes all reports and you have to fiddle with them again, because you do not want to transmit everything on your vessel or something. :wink:

Yeah... There are... limitations :)

On 7/28/2017 at 7:11 PM, Enorats said:

This may be historical.. but it's still Kerbal. Isn't the obvious solution to simply put the docking port over the capsule's exit hatch?

I mean, sure.. it may throw off your CoM.. but you can rotate your engines a bit to account for that. It's not like they need that hatch anyway.. They're only getting out of the lunar module.

What about before launch and after landing.  You see, I'm firm believer that the kernels get into the capsule while the screen is black. Also, recover isn't the same as teleport.

I actually send klawed boats to get ships after landing.

Edited by DeltaDizzy

56 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

What about before launch and after landing.  You see, I'm firm believer that the kernels get into the capsule while the screen is black. Also, recover isn't the same as teleport.

I was mentioned?... or not?

7 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Given they don't eat, drink or make the air foul by breathing. I assume they get in the capsules as they are craned into place in the VAB/SPH. After all the crew selection tab is there.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:28 PM, SQUAD said:
tumblr_inline_ottho8x3cZ1rr2wit_540.png

Welcome to KSP Weekly everyone. A lot of people were sad to hear that the Solar System was officially composed of eight planets instead of nine after Pluto was recategorized as a dwarf planet due to the discoveries of several objects with similar volume throughout the Kuiper belt, such as Eris.

Yeah, a lot more people were happy to hear that that tiny snowball is not a planet. I think the vote to demote Pluto in 2006 had somewhere around a 2/3 majority (also called a supermajority). Also, where is Eris in your game?! All I see is a hybrid of Uranus and Jupiter, then a lump of rock made after Pluto orbiting slightly farther away. Also, why haven't you built in a Charon analog?

Fix the stock system! Make it more like our own. Then, make native support for Extra stars! Also, make it so that we can re-parent Kerbin to orbit around another planet!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.