[1.12.x] NASA CountDown Clock Updated

linuxgurugamer

Hello! I'm sorry for the annoyance but well, what's happening is that when I open the game everything works perfectly fine and yeah but then I enter the launch, I press the symbol of the mod and it shows nothing, I tried everything but it doesn't works. I have put the archives on GameData as how it's said on the readme. 

3 hours ago, Sir Tea II said:

Hello! I'm sorry for the annoyance but well, what's happening is that when I open the game everything works perfectly fine and yeah but then I enter the launch, I press the symbol of the mod and it shows nothing, I tried everything but it doesn't works. I have put the archives on GameData as how it's said on the readme. 

You need to provide a bit more detail on the steps you take to produce the error.  More importantly, you need to provide logs to get assistance, as without logs it's almost impossible to figure out what's going wrong.  Follow the first link in my signature to learn how to provide logs.

Edited by Jacke

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings
I'm trying to add in a few more launches, I have the audio clips and cutting them up won't be too difficult for me. But please what does Textspur.txt do, and do I need it?
By the way I LOVE this mod, been using it since like 1.4. And kudos to you LGG you are a pillar of the community.

2 hours ago, NashThe said:

Greetings
I'm trying to add in a few more launches, I have the audio clips and cutting them up won't be too difficult for me. But please what does Textspur.txt do, and do I need it?
By the way I LOVE this mod, been using it since like 1.4. And kudos to you LGG you are a pillar of the community.

Does not appear to be needed, I think it may be leftover from an older version

• 1 month later...

New release, 1.3.10

• Thanks to github user @nash-p for this:
    • Added sounds launch sounds for Friendship 7, Faith 7, Liberty 7 and Gemini 3. Also renamed generic 'Apollo' to 'Apollo8; given that new Apollo sounds will be added (hopefully).
    • Note that the sounds still use the generic 'Hold' and 'Abort' sounds from SpaceX, I also haven't specified TowerCleared, AllEngines for any of them, yet. But the countdowns are complete.

Thanks for updates, always appreciated. This is one of those icing on the cake mods which really helps make launches fun!

Tip for uses, it also has some good utility: the automation of SAS, setting thrust levels, staging for launch during the countdown.

I use it with Modular Launchpads to automate all the launch gubbins, eg. T-7 start the ROFI sparklers, T-6, engine ignition at 1%, T-5 withdraw the fuel lines, T-1 clamp/hold-down release engines to full throttle.

• 1 month later...

Hello once again - long time no talkies. As usual, my thanks for the hundreds/thousands of mods you continue to support - this community wouldn't be the same without you.

Also as usual, I wouldn't be posting if I wasn't running into a problem. There seems to be a problem with the integration between the countdown and GravityTurn in its current state. Both are installed, but there appears to be no integration between the two mods at the moment. KSP Log file here. Forgive the length of it, if you will, but a CTRL-F search of the file using 'Gravity' will quickly show that:

A) GravityTurn is installed, and
B) The Countdown is not seeing the GravityTurn assembly.

That's about as far as I've been able to T/S so far. I'll be paring down the mod list to try that as well and see if there's another mod interfering somehow. If there's something obvious I've missed (entirely possible and perhaps even likely, given how long it's been since I've played this regularly), please tell me so. I think I might still be wearing the dunce cap from the last time I thought I had a problem. ;)

Stripped my load order down to just this mod (plus dependencies, as determined by CKAN) and Gravity Turn. Problem appears to persist. I do not see any options under settings (either in the launch scene or in the game mod options) to integrate GravityTurn. Updated Log File Here.

Additional version information:
GravityTurnContinued v 1.8.2.2
NASA Countdown 1.3.10

Reproduction steps:

1) At launchpad:
     a) Open GravityTurn interface and setup.
     b) Open Countdown interface.
          i) Open Settings. Only options visible are Sound and Scale.
          ii) Open Launch Sequence. Set as appropriate (for this craft, I'm early tech and have only boosters - no standard engines, but this made no difference.)
     c) Start countdown.
     d) Countdown ends.
          i) Expected: Stage with booster ignites and GravityTurn begins operation.
          ii) Actual: Countdown ends, booster ignites, GravityTurn does nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No logs, no support

Filtering up, in case that itself is already enough to find it:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at NASA_CountDown.ModuleNASACountdown.CraftName (Vessel v) [0x0003d] in <22f3824a41ad4b04b860228c32c04d8c>:0 
  at NASA_CountDown.Config.ConfigInfo.InitNewConfig () [0x0001f] in <22f3824a41ad4b04b860228c32c04d8c>:0 
  at NASA_CountDown.CountDownMain.ToggleOn () [0x00024] in <22f3824a41ad4b04b860228c32c04d8c>:0 
  at ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.SetButtonActive () [0x00012] in <6186cefd4f6f47a9b00314aa25a7784b>:0 
  at ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.doOnTrue () [0x00011] in <6186cefd4f6f47a9b00314aa25a7784b>:0 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) <Module>.invoke_void()
  at KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncherButton.OnTrue (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data, KSP.UI.UIRadioButton+CallType callType) [0x00000] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`2[T1,T2].Invoke (T1 args0, T2 args1) [0x00010] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`2[T0,T1].Invoke (T0 arg0, T1 arg1) [0x00025] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
  at KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.SetState (KSP.UI.UIRadioButton+State state, KSP.UI.UIRadioButton+CallType callType, UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data, System.Boolean popButtonsInGroup) [0x00079] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.ToggleState (KSP.UI.UIRadioButton+CallType callType, UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data) [0x00026] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x0011e] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00007] in <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) [0x00063] in <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ReleaseMouse(PointerEventData, GameObject)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

(Filename: <22f3824a41ad4b04b860228c32c04d8c> Line: 0)

Full log here.

• 4 weeks later...

Downloaded this mod using CKAN for KSP 1.12.3 running with RP-1 installed.  I'm getting the tooldbar button but when you click on this in the launch screen nothing is showing.

Log file is attached but looking at it I can see missing config file and errors as below -

[LOG 15:58:42.516] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'CountDownMain' from assembly 'NASA_CountDown'
[WRN 15:58:42.533] File 'E:/KSP 1.12.3 (RP-1)/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/NASA_CountDown/PluginData/NASACountdown.cfg' does not exist
[ERR 15:58:42.540] NASA_Countdown: Couldn't find assembly for 'GravityTurn'!

[ERR 15:58:42.540] NASA_Countdown: Couldn't find assembly for 'GravityTurnContinued'!

and some warnings each time the button is pressed on the toolbar. Any help appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0x3icie188599p7/KSP.log?dl=0

3 hours ago, Deflep said:

Downloaded this mod using CKAN for KSP 1.12.3 running with RP-1 installed.  I'm getting the tooldbar button but when you click on this in the launch screen nothing is showing.

Log file is attached but looking at it I can see missing config file and errors as below -

[LOG 15:58:42.516] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'CountDownMain' from assembly 'NASA_CountDown'
[WRN 15:58:42.533] File 'E:/KSP 1.12.3 (RP-1)/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/NASA_CountDown/PluginData/NASACountdown.cfg' does not exist
[ERR 15:58:42.540] NASA_Countdown: Couldn't find assembly for 'GravityTurn'!

[ERR 15:58:42.540] NASA_Countdown: Couldn't find assembly for 'GravityTurnContinued'!

and some warnings each time the button is pressed on the toolbar. Any help appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0x3icie188599p7/KSP.log?dl=0

You can ignore those errors,  it's just looking for GravityTurn to see if it's loaded or not

You should remove Parallax, it's not working at all and just generating errors

I'd suggest making a new copy of KSP, and just install this mod and it's dependencies, see if it works, then add in more mods until it doesn't.

You are running Kerbalism, and I don't support that.  It changes things so much, that generally I don't do any support if it's installed.

I don't see anything right now, will try running it later.

• 2 months later...

Hi Linux. First of all congrats and thx for this mod, it really adds a spark of realism. Just one question, is there a way to tune the volume up or down for the single sound profiles? Because I see that many of them have a very low volume, while others (like Skylab countdown) are good. How can I turn the volume up for the various sound sets? Thanks again a lot

• 1 month later...

New release, 1.3.11

• Thanks to github user @nash-p for these new sounds:        
    • Apollo10 Launch Sounds
    • Apollo 11 Launch sounds
    • Added Apollo12 launch sounds
    • Apollo13 Launch Sounds
    • Apollo 16 launch sounds
    • Ariane 5 launch sounds
    • Aurora 7 Launch sounds
    • Freedom 7 launch sounds
    • Gemini 8 Launch sounds