Jump to content

[1.12.x] NASA CountDown Clock Updated


linuxgurugamer
 Share

Recommended Posts

I did some testing and took out all my other mods. NASA Countdown worked perfectly well.

Then I started slowly to add my mods back starting from the visual enhancement mods. The mod that significantly impacts the countdown is Scatterer (a jump from about 40 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds).

Would I be correct therefore in assuming that my slow countdown is related to my computer's memory/capacity?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2017 at 3:01 AM, iMPERIALSTORMTROOPER said:

I've been trying to get this mod working in my game for the longest time (downloaded and installed it through ckan) but for the life of me either i'm doing something wrong or whatever but I cant even seem to get it to pop up to configure it on the launchpad.

I'd need a log file, please

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New release: 1.3.4 (skipped 1.3.3)

 

  • Fixed bug where if an asteroid was found during the countdown, the countdown would be interrupted.
  • Added option to turn on SAS at launch
  • Added Hold button.  Pressing hold button will hold countdown at the end of the current audio sequence
    • Thanks to forum user  @Three_Pounds for making the Hold/Resume button images
  • Exception when going to launch without going into both the Settings and Sound selection
  • Added Hold soundclips
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Greetings,

No joy here getting the clock to work correctly with Gravity Turn 1.7.6.

NASA clock counts down to 0 then triggers something in GT because the LAUNCH button goes away, but the ABORT button at the bottom of the GT window never appears, and GT doesn't take control of the rocket. The 'Launch Map' shows no trajectory and the test rocket goes cartwheel about 7km up.

Must be something conflicting with on of the two mods, however, I know it isn't Mechjeb because it removed it.

Cool idea, though! The grand-kids love the clock!

BTW thanks @linuxgurugamer for all the things you do for KSP,  the degree of your involvement is simply amazing!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jackalope50 said:

Greetings,

No joy here getting the clock to work correctly with Gravity Turn 1.7.6.

NASA clock counts down to 0 then triggers something in GT because the LAUNCH button goes away, but the ABORT button at the bottom of the GT window never appears, and GT doesn't take control of the rocket. The 'Launch Map' shows no trajectory and the test rocket goes cartwheel about 7km up.

Must be something conflicting with on of the two mods, however, I know it isn't Mechjeb because it removed it.

Cool idea, though! The grand-kids love the clock!

BTW thanks @linuxgurugamer for all the things you do for KSP,  the degree of your involvement is simply amazing!

 

Log file please

Link to comment
Share on other sites

scaling bug:

Spoiler

U9Tz2ge.jpg

 

feature request:

  • checkbox, for not hiding NASA-clock until Gravity Turn do its job
  • after launching, abort-button disables Gravity Turn

It's for not opening Gravity Turn window

Edited by flart
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, jackalope50 said:

Wrong log file:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have been able to duplicate the problem.

For now, don't start the engines early.

Oh, well thanks for taking some time to look at that. I had already given up on NASA clock after uninstalling all my mods and reloading them one-by-one trying to find a solution. I just wanted to report the behavior in case somebody else reported the same, and then viola! Gravity Turn is a must have IMHO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jackalope50 said:

Oh, well thanks for taking some time to look at that. I had already given up on NASA clock after uninstalling all my mods and reloading them one-by-one trying to find a solution. I just wanted to report the behavior in case somebody else reported the same, and then viola! Gravity Turn is a must have IMHO. 

Well, if you let the countdown clock turn on the engines, even if you don't have it triggering GT, then GT won't take over.

I'm not sure how to fix, I've posted a message in the GT thread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've figured out the problem, it's kind of simple:

You have the launch clamps being triggered as part of the countdown.  Once the clamps are released, the rocket is no longer "landed", and Gravity Turn won't start.  Gravity Turn requires that a rocket be landed before it will take over.

There isn't anything I can do about this, but it may be possible to modify GT to work.  I'm looking into it, and if so, I'll contact the author about it.

Note that if the countdown clock starts the engine, and it is still being held by clamps, GT won't trigger the clamps, you will have to do that manually for now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've figured out the problem, it's kind of simple:

You have the launch clamps being triggered as part of the countdown.  Once the clamps are released, the rocket is no longer "landed", and Gravity Turn won't start.  Gravity Turn requires that a rocket be landed before it will take over.

There isn't anything I can do about this, but it may be possible to modify GT to work.  I'm looking into it, and if so, I'll contact the author about it.

Note that if the countdown clock starts the engine, and it is still being held by clamps, GT won't trigger the clamps, you will have to do that manually for now

That kinda makes sense in my little mind, I will give it another try tomorrow. Thanks for all your time, mate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...