[1.12.x] NASA CountDown Clock Updated

linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, Cruesoe said:

I cant figure out how to get this to trigger GT.

Can someone please explain how to get Gravity Turn to fire when the count reaches zero, thanks.

I noticed this as well-- the radio button to switch to GT appears to have gone away.  That might be linked to the fix recently implemented for the repeatedly-checking-GT-availability, at a guess.

1 hour ago, immi said:

@MaxwellsDemon

yup, it is indeed

@linuxgurugamer

if you look at my change to NASA_CountDown/States/SequenceState.cs:

The check should be against 'GravityTurnAPI.GTAvailable', not GravityTurnAPI.GravityTurnActive

sry, I mixed those up ;)

Looking for a GTAVailable, it's not public

I'll get it all fixed

New release, 1.3.6.7:

• Fixed missing Gravity Turn toggle
Edited by linuxgurugamer

New release, 1.3.7:

• Fixed hang after doing a launch with GT, on the next launch
  • Swapped names of ToggleOff and ToggleOn methods to properly reflect the functionality
  • Fixed saving of launch sequence
  • Changed id from guid to vessel name for Sequences
  • Now properly saves settings for each vessel, using the craftName before any modifications are made by other mods
  • Added optional (but highly recommended) MM patch to support this.  If MM not installed, then it uses the craftname on the pad

New release, 1.3.7.1:

• Fixed bug where launch sequence item #10 was not being saved
  • Fixed the enableSAS not being obeyed (was always being turned on)
  • Renamed EngineControl to LaunchSequenceControl
  • Made change so if LaunchSequenceControl is false, no stages will be activated and GravityTurn will not be called.
  • Added the following to the per-vessel info:
    • LaunchSequenceControl
    • Initial throttle
    • Final throttle
    • Enable SAS at launch

The per-vessel info additions were not released yet, sorry

Edited by linuxgurugamer

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'NASA_CountDown': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'NASA_CountDown.CountDownMain' from assembly 'NASA_CountDown, Version=1.3.7.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Doesn't work. On Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5 64bit

11 hours ago, PyjackMeat said:

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'NASA_CountDown': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'NASA_CountDown.CountDownMain' from assembly 'NASA_CountDown, Version=1.3.7.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Doesn't work. On Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5 64bit

First, a complete log file is needed.

Second, do you have the dependencies installed?

I just installed it on a fresh 1.4.5 install using CKAN, it works fine.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 8/4/2018 at 4:22 PM, PyjackMeat said:

Okay, this is weird but suddenly this and the other plugins giving me trouble are suddenly working again.

Not weird at all.  I released an update to the ToolbarController which had a problem,  Fixed and released the fix last night

• 2 months later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer, I'm putting together a Soyuz sound pack for this mod. On the records I have there is ~110 or so seconds of post-launch countdown (like: "10 [seconds in flight], flight progressing normally... 20, vessel stabilized... 30, pitch, yaw, roll nominal..."). I'm actually torn on whether to include it in the liftoff event or not - especially since the actual "Liftoff contact, check!" is almost drowned out by the sound of the rocket lifting off on each record I've found so far. What do you think?

For now it sounds like this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gtoHzGrHgR94ocxpoUWj3wo0aMBOr-HE/view?usp=sharing

Edited by TK-313

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello @linuxgurugamer

Absolutely love your mods! Is there anyway with the NASA Countdown Clock to allow longer than 60 seconds. For example if I want to do a 5 minute countdown (300 seconds) that it can be done? I have tried sequentially naming the files from 300 to 0 and have found when I start the clock it shows the second as blank but does not set the minutes.

Also, one other request I would like to have. Can you please add an event that can be toggled on and off for polling. For example if turned on play sound file called "poll.ogg" or "polling.ogg" when you click "Launch". After the sound file plays pick up the count with the timer sound files? Thanks in advance!

Edited by RushHour2k5

On 1/12/2019 at 6:36 PM, RushHour2k5 said:

Hello @linuxgurugamer

Absolutely love your mods! Is there anyway with the NASA Countdown Clock to allow longer than 60 seconds. For example if I want to do a 5 minute countdown (300 seconds) that it can be done? I have tried sequentially naming the files from 300 to 0 and have found when I start the clock it shows the second as blank but does not set the minutes.

Also, one other request I would like to have. Can you please add an event that can be toggled on and off for polling. For example if turned on play sound file called "poll.ogg" or "polling.ogg" when you click "Launch". After the sound file plays pick up the count with the timer sound files? Thanks in advance!

Sorry to say, not really.  It's a mod I support, but not intending to make any changes to it in the near future.  I do know of at least one other countdown mod here which might be able to do what you want:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.