[1.12.x] NASA CountDown Clock Updated

linuxgurugamer

6 hours ago, CommonRocket86 said:

Hello linuxgurugamer

Can you add a new Countdowns (Ariane 5, Electron, Soyuz, Space Shuttle etc.) Please.

Sorry, I am not going to do that, the amount of work involved isn’t worth it to me.

That being said, they are only sound files, if someone were to come up with a sound pack for something like those, I’ll be happy to include it.

• 3 months later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer , I love this mod, but unfortunately I can't use it quite as much as I'd want to.

The thing is, I was wondering if it would be easy to remove the condition check that prevents you from opening the mod UI and using it when you're not in pre-launch situation ?

For instance, I very much like to just put my rockets empty on the launch pad with a launch tower attached and then drive and walk the crew inside, and when I do that I can't open the mod UI anymore.

More extreme examples would be reused first stage that you didn't recover but the point is that would be really cool in general for people who like to manage all their KSC ground operations manually.

If it's easy to do and won't cause too many bad things to happen, I'd love it in a future update. Thanks !

18 minutes ago, lBoBl said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer , I love this mod, but unfortunately I can't use it quite as much as I'd want to.

The thing is, I was wondering if it would be easy to remove the condition check that prevents you from opening the mod UI and using it when you're not in pre-launch situation ?

For instance, I very much like to just put my rockets empty on the launch pad with a launch tower attached and then drive and walk the crew inside, and when I do that I can't open the mod UI anymore.

More extreme examples would be reused first stage that you didn't recover but the point is that would be really cool in general for people who like to manage all their KSC ground operations manually.

If it's easy to do and won't cause too many bad things to happen, I'd love it in a future update. Thanks !

That's actually not easy to do, given the way it was written.

30 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's actually not easy to do, given the way it was written.

Hmmm, tis a shame but I understand. Thank you for replying so quickly !
I was hoping it would just come to deleting a few lines of code but I was kind of guessing that it would be more complicated...

Edited by lBoBl

• 2 months later...
48 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Install the dependencies:

ClickThruBlocker

ToolbarController

Unblur

Thanks!
I was missing the unblur, didn't know it was required, everything works fine now.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question and some issue with the Abort functionality. This seems to consist of the following:

1. Only works if you actually click Abort!, there's no "situation checking" like "has a certain amount of TWR been achieved", right?
  2. First plays an abort audio cue (Apollo-style audio plays e.g. the Apollo 13 anomaly report)
  3. Then executes the Abort action group if set up to do so.

I've taken to playing with, among others, OhScrap!, Bill's Panic Box, and now also Kerbal Launch Failure (because OhScrap! wasn't blowing up my rockets during launch, and I usually can take an engine failure). During flight, this works nicely.

Sometimes, however, OhScrap results in an SRB not firing while the vessel is still bolted down. Somewhat unrealistically, I've designed my launch pads to be able to take the stress of a fully firing, bolted down SRB, but that does mean I actually really want to be able to do pad aborts. I'm trying to do this by just firing the SRBs 2 seconds before lift-off, visually checking them for the red failure highlight, and hitting Abort! if they fail.

So here's the problems:

• The latency of several seconds that step 2 introduces is somewhat annoying -- would it be possible and desirable to switch around the steps to first execute the abort action, then play the audio que?
  • More importantly, with Action Sets being introduced, it only seems to run the Default action, regardless of which Action Set is active. In contrast, Bob's Panic Box runs the Abort action from the currently active Action Set. I tried setting it up with Action Set 4 being all the "pre-lift-off" actions and thus also having the pad abort, but clearly this isn't working. I'd rather not use the Default Action Set for the launch-pad abort because then I have to replicate all the shared abort logic (shutting down LF engines, e.g.) in all the other Action Sets. Any chance of replacing the Abort-logic with that from Bob's Panic Box?

23 hours ago, MacGyverNL said:

The latency of several seconds that step 2 introduces is somewhat annoying -- would it be possible and desirable to switch around the steps to first execute the abort action, then play the audio que?

Possible, I’ll take a look when updating the mod.

23 hours ago, MacGyverNL said:

More importantly, with Action Sets being introduced, it only seems to run the Default action, regardless of which Action Set is active. In contrast, Bob's Panic Box runs the Abort action from the currently active Action Set. I tried setting it up with Action Set 4 being all the "pre-lift-off" actions and thus also having the pad abort, but clearly this isn't working. I'd rather not use the Default Action Set for the launch-pad abort because then I have to replicate all the shared abort logic (shutting down LF engines, e.g.) in all the other Action Sets. Any chance of replacing the Abort-logic with that from Bob's Panic Box?

Not sure, but I’ll see what I can do.

I haven't yet played with the action sets yet, so don’t really know

On 7/26/2019 at 3:55 PM, MacGyverNL said:

The latency of several seconds that step 2 introduces is somewhat annoying -- would it be possible and desirable to switch around the steps to first execute the abort action, then play the audio que?

I never noticed this before, probably because I don't use the Abort stuff.  Just tried it, it was hilarious.

And the issue of the Action Sets is probably fixed

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I never noticed this before, probably because I don't use the Abort stuff.  Just tried it, it was hilarious.

I will admit that the whole sequence of my Kerbals calmly reporting an anomaly while a few thousand kN of thrust was raging below them for another 10 seconds, before shutting down all LF engines and then aborting with the LES brought a smile to my face. Fortunately noticed this when an SRB misfired, rather than when something decided to blow up.

And thanks for fixing this so fast!

17 minutes ago, MacGyverNL said:

I will admit that the whole sequence of my Kerbals calmly reporting an anomaly while a few thousand kN of thrust was raging below them for another 10 seconds, before shutting down all LF engines and then aborting with the LES brought a smile to my face. Fortunately noticed this when an SRB misfired, rather than when something decided to blow up.

And thanks for fixing this so fast!

Your welcome.  Thanks for reporting it

• 3 weeks later...

really great mod, i'm loving it and used it every launch! ...but unfortunately other mods force me to use KSP v1.7.3 now. 

in CKAN it says its compatible to KSP v1.7.2 - KSP v1.7.3. i tried it, but it seems don't work.

I'm getting the icon, but when i press it one time nothing happens. pressing it again it sets my throttle up to 100%. that's all.

will this mod get an update for KSP v1.7.3?

Edit: solved. CKAN showed me only "ClickThrough_Blocker-0.0.1.6.10",  i installed "ClickThroughBlocker-0.1.7.2" (even it's for KSP 1.7.2) manually and got the mod working now on KSP v1.7.3.2594.

Edited by noRhino

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer Several posts up, you mention the mod Unblur is a dependency. Is this still the case, it's still a dependency? I've noticed the NASA Countdown window disappear in-game, but the Countdown LED numbers still display on second and subsequent launches. My missing the mod Unblur, is this the reason? I've not noticed it was a dependency before. It's not listed as a dependency on CKAN or the first post of this forum?

Edited by GJNelson

3 hours ago, GJNelson said:

@linuxgurugamer Several posts up, you mention the mod Unblur is a dependency. Is this still the case, it's still a dependency? I've noticed the NASA Countdown window disappear in-game, but the Countdown LED numbers still display on second and subsequent launches. My missing the mod Unblur, is this the reason? I've not noticed it was a dependency before. It's not listed as a dependency on CKAN or the first post of this forum?

Iam having the same issue, all the GUI is disappearing in-game, but the numbers.

I will provide a log later when i get home.

On 11/27/2019 at 1:46 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Not anymore

Ok, I'm not using unBlur, so not that. Another thing I've noticed is if I try using Toolbar Controller to shift it to Blizzy's Toolbar, it's toolbar icon will only shift to Blizzy's Toolbar if I choose both Stock and Blizzy's in the Toolbar Controller menu. Is it perhaps something to do with Toolbar Controller?

Also, in the KSP.log, it mentions NASA Countdown not finding "GravityTurn" twice. It's a mod only updated to v1.6.9 and I don't use it. I'll try loading the mod and see what happens, lol. I'll also upload my KSP.log file to the NASA Countdown Github site before I do that.

KSP.log

Update: Ok, I think it was simply looking to see if the GravityTurn mod was loaded, and make changes accordingly.

Edited by GJNelson

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.