Wild Blue Industries crafts

This is a place for sharing your creations from @Angel-125's Wild Blue Industries  set of mods. From bases to airships and everything in between, its welcome here!

WBI consists of :
Deep Space Exploration Vessels (DSEV)
Pathfinder
Buffalo
Mark one Lab Extension (MOLE)
Heisenberg Airship Parts
Snacks

Edited by Space Kadet

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I wonder if these count. They're just station modules made mostly with MOLE parts. One of them contains USI life support parts and a USI kontainer cluster. More designs will come.

yXea3SV.jpg

And this is my earliest science rover in a science mode playthrough.

The Blue Mun Rover. It fits a good deal of science experiments in a full + half service bay with racks installed. It has Karbonite rockets and air RCS so it can jump into the claw in the roof of its carrier plane.

8cijFnm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I managed to scrape together a base a few weeks ago. It's my first attempt at this, off-world, in KSP 1.3.1 with its heinous returning ground contact bug. It would have grown but I had to dump the save it's in due to some mod causing: the Casa and Ponderosa's Manage Operations button to add a useless empty Converter to its PAW every time it's clicked; antenna null spam.

Spoiler: That lonely Switchback hub and a second Patio slab get eaten. Those straws broke the camel's back.

1pEpv0m.jpg

17 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I managed to scrape together a base a few weeks ago. It's my first attempt at this, off-world, in KSP 1.3.1 with its heinous returning ground contact bug. It would have grown but I had to dump the save it's in due to some mod causing: the Casa and Ponderosa's Manage Operations button to add a useless empty Converter to its PAW every time it's clicked; antenna null spam.

Spoiler: That lonely Switchback hub and a second Patio slab get eaten. Those straws broke the camel's back.

1pEpv0m.jpg

yeah i seem to be experiencing alot of that at the moment, EVE, Mun, Minmus and Laythe bases god krakened and the mun base was KPBS not Pathfinder

• 2 weeks later...

An inline lander (has docking port on the bottom). It has capacity for OSE Workshop, resupplying Snacks, and refueling itself. There's going to be a drone version which goes with it and supports it. Contains some Tweakscale. Might need bigger drills.

M4E3Dk8.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The companion lander. Drone, industrial, needs to be near the crewed version when landed. And needs more care with landing. It's a bit overweight and short on dV for my liking.

What solar panels are there at the top of the lander? I don't recognize them...

• 1 month later...

I spent my afternoon finally trying to get to know DSEV and built something along the vein of ISV Venture Star. No life support and not adequately outfitted for producing anything via Launchpads or OSE. It's only configured for replenishing FusionPellets, Coolant and LFO. The white spheres near the forward centrifuge are from one of my mods and contains a whole different sort of fuel, and the exo scoops are meant to get a trial run and refill a couple of things from an atmosphere edge.

The frontmost cylinders are full-length cargo bays with DSEV's inflating shields for caps (they're not going to inflate here). Main propulsion is a pair of Hypernovas in Cruise mode so the tanks they're mounted to contain FusionPellets alone and grant 55km/s in dV. Sufficient reaction wheel strength (but no RCS thrusters) is provided by 3x stock 2.5m wheels (1 upscaled to 3.75m, 2 upscaled to 5m).

I don't know yet if the tank radiators and 8 of the black folding radiators are enough for these engines, or how casual I can be with a Gael to Grannus (GPP) transfer with the 55km/s.

I have OPT Valkyrie planes planned for use with this station. But they're not working out quite yet.

YIUVutL.jpg

dG0n1nD.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

For fun, testing/learning and finally because I can, a rather long Buffalo equipped for Extraplanetary Launch(ing). Four drills seem quite sufficient for getting up to speed but better solar or a SAFER are very welcome during peak hours. Nothing has been launched because I don't know if Angel's logistics system still dislikes me, and there's no significant LFO storage.

oBlQjy8.jpg

• 1 month later...

A Hermes-inspired station. It has deltaV for daaaaaays. :sticktongue:

It carries the codename FunHouse mobile base in the DSEV hangar bay, a spaceplane, 2 other landers and 2 probes. This is slightly farther than Eeloo but signal is still very strong thanks to the two dishes on th hangar.

The stock reaction wheel at the back is scaled to 3.75m or 5m. The intake-looking thing is an atmo and exosphere harvester but it doesn't work in my install. The station is meant to refuel from the high ambient LqdHydrogen Propellium in Gauss' SOI and have reasonably high dV and ability to go increasingly far from home, but since refueling in orbit is unavailable to me, the main engine uses FusionPellets and Water and has insane dV but ultimately must return to Gael to refuel.

FYRu8Tp.jpg

CubeSats... Made with Buffalo service bays. They have SAFER reactors inside so they can operate at any planet or moon far from the star. Fully equipped for SCANsat needs. I forgot what their dV is. I'm sure it's a little over 2km/s.

iJG50os.png

The "FunHouse" untested. It's meant to land on the likes of Minmus, deploy its inflatables and be self-sustaining to some small extent. I believe th4 inflatables are 2x Hacienda IMF and 2x Casa IHM.......otherwise 3x and 1x respectively. The base intends to do mining, stock up on Equipment and LFO by itself, and even have (unneeded) hab space so the crew can be "comfortable" for lengthy time periods here. More inflatables are stowed inside and there is/will be room, once landed, to deploy those extra inflatables.

The base may or may not move anymore at that point......... Buffalo wheels can decouple and self-destruct. I might use that.

TFuKE8T.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

A supplemental rover. Three inflatable tanks, a Doc Sci Lab on the back for producing FusionPellets (and EC and Water out of Mono and Oxidizer), and plenty inventory space possibly full of new stuff...and a command seat for driving it lik a truck.... Which I happily did. Its main purpose is to provide more tankage, even than itself. See the 4-way fuel hub unpacked from within it in the 2nd pic.

The logistics system doesn't work for me and I've already burned myself out trying to get it fixed but I've given up and must resort to using KAS pipes and bracing against the eventual pipe kraken strike.

AHPKGcN.jpg

OmRpCv4.jpg V7tOhO1.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I designed two crafts intent to serve as manned probe control points. This is the much better of the two, I think. :) Granted its payload is light and the main engines (stock aerospike) has proper, higher Isp, gimbal and new plumes thanks to my mod, Thor Tech.

DSEV and a little TweakScale are all that are in this. No other mod parts... Except the Buffalo bodied probe and SCANsat.

Whatever dV readout is shown in the VAB is seemingly nearly doubled once the four Chuckwagons are inflated (they can't inflate in the VAB) and filled. It's rated for launch in no more than 0.3g and no atmosphere. As it is, in my game and with just the probe inside, its peak dV is 8400m/s. It will be about 1/4 less without the aerospike buff from Thor Tech.

JoynboT.jpg

wdATXqf.jpg lOMvWUR.jpg VFIGakj.jpg J6eVewo.jpg

Its power source are a Buffalo Flex Fuel pack and 2x stock RTGs.

qqpF4m8.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.