[KSP 1.3.1] Better Atmospheres Reborn [v6]

themaster401

Better Atmospheres Reborn

Better Atmospheres is an E.V.E. 7-4 visual pack, using RSS, TextureReplacer, and Custom Asteroids to improve the stock system. Because the developers of the original BetterAtmospheres have not been on the forums for quite some time, I have simply repackaged the latest version for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.

HhKGQUD.png

5mBKXiv.png?1

M2JMVH7.png?1

xz6siyk.png?1

ApsEFEw.png?1

QEwmT5l.png?1

jD2Y9M9.png?1

HhKGQUD.png

The SpaceDock download comes with all dependencies.

The RealSolarSystem plugin is included for an effect, the mod does not function on RealSolarSystem.

HhKGQUD.png

SpaceDock Download

(That's a big download button, if you didn't realize.)

HhKGQUD.png

And with that, after a very long time, you once again now have Better Atmospheres! Enjoy!

Original thread here.

6z3cYti.gif

Licensed by CC-BY-NC 4.0

For those who are wondering, I do not plan on extending this mod and making it quite feature-fledged like Astronomer's Visual Pack. This is available simply for those who want raw Better Atmospheres functioning on the latest Kerbal Space Program version.

Perhaps in the future, I could assemble a visual compilation with various E.V.E. 7-4 mods. For now, enjoy!

Edited by themaster401
Fixed licensing issues.

• 3 months later...

I just realized I replied to this thread already back in August because I was so stoked. On that install however some mods broke, so I was out again for a while having never tried BAR. Then I came back when the mods were fixed and saw this mod and replied again.

:blush:

...Unless there are *two* Captain Burritos in these parts...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Most of your mod dependencies are updated for the 1.4x and 1.5x updates of the game. The reason why this does not work in Kerbal Space Program 1.5 is because during update 1.4.0 the team changed the unity engine to the most recent version. Another reason why this does not work for both 1.4x and 1.5x is because that it is probably one unity engine behind. Therefore @themaster401 Could you please update this mod to work for either Kerbal Space Program 1.4x or optionally 1.5x? Both 1.5x and 1.4x use the same unity engine. Thanks Themaster401 senserirly The space potato ahem Trekkie148

Btw this was typed on a phone and this site does not allow potato emojis. :/

Edited by Trekkie148
see the edit history, easier than trying to explain here :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@EdwardB3020 It's true that installing it out of the box doesn't work, but with some manual effort you can make it work yourself.  Just install all the latest versions of the dependencies individually, copy the other GameData folders (Joolrings, RealSolarSystem, BoulderCo) and the various .cfg files from each mod, and it should work.  The sharedassets9 file has to be omitted or the game can't load and the volumetric clouds need to be turned off via alt+n in game otherwise they render all blocky (I didn't like those anyway).  Other than that, follow those steps and you'll have some basic BA features.

A new release would be nice, though, so people didn't have to go through all that and to make the clouds work, if you're into that.  While some like other visual packs, I enjoy this one because of the clear, vibrant colors and bright phases of nearby planets and moons.  I haven't been able to find anything other than Better Atmospheres that feature those, so I'm glued here.

Edited by Deckard

• 1 year later...

I know Im reviving an old thread here... but is there any hopes of this mod making a comeback?  I rather liked the unrealistic dust clouds on Minmus and the effects it brought to all of the other bodies.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.