K.Yeon

IhYvsC6.png

Features:

pIQGqBd.png

nJh5vim.png

VMISxqw.png

copCByX.png

Introduction:

This new mod introduces 7 airliner related parts (for now).
All parts in this mod unlocks at [aerodynamics] tech, as well as the stock aeroplane control surface.
So you could get a working airliner early in the game if you somehow unlocks advanced landing.
However all parts in this mod is not heat protected! Going beyond Mach 3 will spell doom to your crew.

If you build an airliner out of stock parts it cost about 200,000 funds, and looks very strange with shuttle cockpit and unnecessary weight.
With the airliner parts it cost 55,000 funds and 20t lighter

The biggest issue of this mod currently is the crew module doesn't have hatches to allow EVA through portrait,
and the cockpit only have 2 seats, which means you only can EVA 2 crew at a time. This is going to be ridiculous for a airliner that carries 80+ Kerbals.
I'm going to have to figure something out, perhaps i will be making a longer version of the mk3 crew with hatch in the future. But for the moment perhaps EVS mod will help!

Bundled mod:

Module Manager v2.8.1, by sarbian
Firespitter Plugin, v7.4.X, by Snjo

IVA required Mod:
(no longer bundled)

RasterPropMonitor, by Mihara, MOARdV
ASET Prop pack, by alexustas

Must Have Mods:

Kerbal Foundries, by Lo-Fi/ShadowMage
[contains Adjustable Landing Gears which are much better than stock landing gears. Two of the pre-built craft requires this.]
Pilot Assistant, by Crzyrndm
[can be used as auto pilot to maintain your heading, altitude and speed for long trips.]
Janitor's Closet, by linuxgurugamer
[some parts of this mod look exactly the same as stock parts. Use this mod to avoid confusion.]

Supported mod:
Connected Living Space, by Papa_Joe
Ferram Aerospace Research (FAR), by ferram4

Installation:
Simply drag the content of the .zip file into your KSP install directory.
Then check the GameData folder, make sure there are no duplicates of ModuleManager.dll.

Download Links:
5ZhMvMX.png

Credits:

Original Creator:
@K.Yeon

Some part contains Squad Assets.

PBpMwBe.png
Support this project if you like

88x31.png

This mod is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Edited by K.Yeon

On 7/31/2017 at 3:40 AM, K.Yeon said:

To be honest these parts isn't very useful as they cannot go faster than mach 3

I'm not sure why they should even have to go faster than mach 1 if this is supposed to be just a regular passenger airliner :P Looks great!

11 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

I'm not sure why they should even have to go faster than mach 1 if this is supposed to be just a regular passenger airliner :P Looks great!

I guess that it would be relatively hard to take a 737 or 787 or 707 even up to Mach 1 IRL. Why would no heat resistance be a con? Its not like anyone will make an SSTO out of it. If they want to, they can just edit the configs. Also, 2 days until initial release!

Edited by Bottle Rocketeer 500

Thanks for the comments!

On 8/2/2017 at 9:30 AM, Drew Kerman said:

I originally intended to do this but i didn't like how some parts start to glow a bit red as soon as i fly close to mach 0.6-.7, making the plane look like a hot iron.

UPDATE:

I finished the IVA today:
The IVA instrument is going to rely on RPM and ASET props. It isn't accurate to real airliner at all, but it's pretty functional. Hopefully if @DeputyLOL comes back he could make it into a much better cockpit like his mod.
1eORZtC.png

oTWgrB9.png

Then i flew to north pole to do some science!

HvuQ3ay.png

Had a nice view of the sun rise

vyRt7r4.png

Ayw9atM.png

It was quite enjoyable and relaxing flight i must say, especially with mod like scatterer.

Just need some more minor tweaking, should be ready for download in 24 hours!

On 31.07.2017 at 10:40 AM, K.Yeon said:

o be honest these parts isn't very useful as they cannot go faster than mach 3. But i think it's really fun to have something like this around :)

Are you sure? I see cheap and light orbital hotels incoming :)

@K.Yeon As a player, I share the pain for absence of "hold horizon" (aka hold vertical speed) in KSP. Meanwhile, I strongly encourage everyone interested in flying such aircraft - to try out the Pilot Assistant mod by @Crzyrndm.

This mod is specifically lightweight on functionality and includes few different "hold"s, so that you can drink tee or do some work confidently knowing that the plane can hold the course reliably.

1 hour ago, Kerbal101 said:

@K.Yeon As a player, I share the pain for absence of "hold horizon" (aka hold vertical speed) in KSP. Meanwhile, I strongly encourage everyone interested in flying such aircraft - to try out the Pilot Assistant mod by @Crzyrndm.

This mod is specifically lightweight on functionality and includes few different "hold"s, so that you can drink tee or do some work confidently knowing that the plane can hold the course reliably.

Yes i also use pilot assistant, it's very relaxing to fly an airliner with it :D i put a link for it under "must have mods"

Update:

The mod is uploaded to curse for now, not sure how long it will take!

Edited by K.Yeon

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

I'm very happy with this; I've been wanting a mod like this for awhile!

A suggestion I would make is to ask @blackheart612 if you can borrow some of his Airplane Plus advanced flaps and airbrakes to scale up for this; or include a modulemanager config for those that have it installed.

Airplane plus has an optional tweakscale cfg, look for it in the airplane plus op

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:11 AM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Finally. I had hoped a mod like this would come up, I know there is one or two out there also providing airliner cockpits, but this simply looks great! Can't wait for that IVA as well!

Me too, but its not working for 1.3.1 he needs to get this done.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.