Sound fx support for part animation plugin, yes or no ?

My animation plugin development has reached another phase : adding sound effect support to animations.

More precisely, is sound fx really needed in KSP plugin ? Is absence of it a minor annoyance or game-immersion-breaking bug ?

Note that my plugin is intended for animating various parts that are (at least for now) used as structural or aerodynamics parts (resource capacity/usage support may be added later, its on a backburner for now).

Also note that due to nature of my plugin, i can't use normal EFFECTS node setup for audio.

Edited by fatcargo
more info

I want to add support for sounds to play along with animations. My plugin is nearly done (although it is completed if considering it's basic purpose).

The usual method of adding audio effects to part cfg isn't going to satisfy the complexity of animations my plugin can perform. Problem is that my plugin reads larger chunks of cfg data and using EFFECTS node is incompatible with my part config format for my plugin and is too bulky.

My plugin uses multiple named arguments in line, and multiple lines in sequence to perform tasks. I'd need to accompany each of those lines with a sound effect. As there can be any number of lines inside any number of sequences, the space used by EFFECTS node would be huge and too bulky to handle efficiently.

There are many plugins for specific purpose that perform animations and have no sounds, and i haven't seen any complaints about that.

Note that i may reply later today,  but due to work mostly likely tomorrow.

Edited by fatcargo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.