Gas giants and Other solar systems

Hi Everyone,
I love this game. I have been playing since version 13.2 and I can't stop playing. I am extremely excited for the Making History Expansion and I can't wait for it's release.  The Expansion pack is a great step, but its missing places to go to.  A new place to go too past Eeloo would be great.  But a new solar system would be even better.  Having a second or third star with new planets and moons to visit would be a great update for the game and get people to play again.  And to get there, warp drives or magnetic engines that use unconventional fuels, to get those fuels you have to go to distant moons.  The current Solar system in the game is old, people are not exploring as much anymore because they have already seen the scenery.  Having two gas giants orbit each other in a binary system would be amazing for scenery and a great place to go to. I know there are mods for this, but those mods take the current planet models and recolors and rescales them. KSP needs more places. This game is amazing, its just needs to expand more.
Happy launchings everyone

Other planets would be nice. There is a mod for it, well several. Outer Planets for one. Other star systems has a mod too but forget its name, interstellar I think. At one point they said we would get a second gas planet and Eeloo would be one of its moons but Im not holding my breath. 

Original post time 22:45:30 now watch me get "ninja'd"

New planets would be a good addition, but other solar systems would not be, due to the sheer distances and lack of FTL travel in stock.

45 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

Original post time 22:45:30 now watch me get "ninja'd"

Well, I'm posting this at 21:33:20 PDT.

KSP is a game based on spaceflight with tested and or actually worked on tech, (RAPIERS, NERVA, etc) meaning that FTL technology, and flying to other solar systems is not fitting with the game. Sure, Squad could add some new solar systems and FTL technologies, but that would mess up the way players play, because warp drives are bassicly ignoring orbital mechanics, wich KSP is trying to learn.

Download the Interstellar mod, that adds in all the Interstellar tech you need. And there are plenty of other solar system mods, and no, none of these are just recolors, litterly none that i know of. 

One or two more planets in the Kerbol system? Absolutely.

FTL? No. As mentioned above and countless times before, it just doesn't make sense. KSP is based on current or near-future technology and our current understanding of physics say nothing with mass can travel faster than light anyway.

Plus an FTL drive would break the game in sandbox. There are plenty of mods out there if you want FTL or extra star systems, but I don't think these things belong in the stock game.

Edited by RatchetinSpace

KSP is realistic, and FTL is protorealistic. We simply don't know if such thing can exist really. And if FTL is impossible, KSP will stop of being realistic.

Anyway KSP is based on actual and near future tech, so, FTL is very far.

The thing that could be a good idea is to add different solar systems to choose at the start of the game (an red dwarf system, an blue supergiant system with tens and tens of planets, etc), but of course, it will not be possible to change of solar system of a game profile after start such game profile, and it will not be possible to move to others stelars systems.

@Angeltxilon FTL is impossible with technology today and how we understand physics today. A century or two from now? Who knows?

Selectable versions of star systems to choose from as you start a save? As long as general gameplay is comparable for support reasons I dig the idea!

original post time 13:32:30

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.