Is there a mod that make space center fuel tanks have practical uses

Spide

Hey everyone.

I would like to start a game where park and reuse as many crafts as possible. For this I would really like to have fuel trucks go around and refuel my parked crafts.

I can ofcause launch a new fuel truck for each new refuel, but I though of something much more fun. What if I could refuel the refuel truck. If the "building fuel tanks" at KSC actually served as a limitless fuel source i could hook my fuel tank to this (maybe using KAS) and then drive to the crafts and refuel them.

Ive been searching without finding anything for a mod that would make the fuel tanks have practical purpose. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas how to do this.

Edited by Spide

You could create a mining ship and park it at the KSC and force yourself to build all your crafts with empty fuel tanks. KAS/KIS will help you create fuel tankers that can pick up fuel at your mining facility and fuel launching space craft.

Maybe build a large tank on some girder feet. Add a KAS fuel line socket. Tow it in place next to the 'stock' fuel tanks. Finally add some mod trickery that will magically refill the fuel tank. At least that sounds easier to me than doing the proper solution, although the proper solution would be very cool.

3 hours ago, Spide said:

I would like to start a game where park and reuse as many crafts as possible.

Not sure you would in fact 'like' this as much as you think: having more than a handful of craft on the KSC terrain can make launch, flight, and/or landing very laggy activities, and some craft could even spontaneously jump, disassemble and explode when passing near them.

That said: Kerbal Constructs made the fuel tanks actually have a function, although I'm not sure it is what you are looking for (you may also need Kerbin Side, not sure):

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.