(WIP) [Kopernicus] Outer Reaches v 0.3

_Augustus_

This is a planet mod I'm working on. Currently it adds several KBOs and Oort cloud objects as well as a Planet 9 analog and its moons.

They're all scaled to OPM distances, and will require warp drives/nuclear propulsion to reach. You will also need nuclear power to operate at these distances - solar power is literally non-existent.

Download at Spacedock (requires Kopernicus)

License: GNU GPL v3

Edited by _Augustus_

2 minutes ago, Ourshinigami said:

Those planete are really beautiful, I will try this.

Wait for the update! It just came out.

-----------------------------------------------

0.2 is out.

Changes:

• Redone Nox texture
  • Added Edna, a Sedna analog
  • Added Aeumha, a Haumea analog, and its moon Mee
  • Added Ockks and Box, moons of Nox
Edited by _Augustus_

7 hours ago, bitmapmedivh said:

Wait, so is this designed to be used together with OPM? Or does it just not conflict with OPM? The first post was a bit unclear to me.

The orbits are scaled to those of OPM's gas giants. Aeumha orbits just outside Neidon's orbit, for example.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Interplanet Janet said:

Would Aeumha have rings in the next update? Would you also add a Callisto analogue to Jool?

Also, would this be compatible with Realistic Rescale?

1. Probably no because rings are really lame in KSP

2. I thought about that, but Jool's moons are so different from their analogues that I'm not sure what a Callisto analog would look like, and I'm lazy

3. Yep. Finally someone that uses my mod!

I haven't really been playing or modding KSP for a while because everything got ruined by 1.3.1 and I was waiting for mods to update and then I got addicted to CSGO. I will get back to this mod - I promise.

17 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

1. Probably no because rings are really lame in KSP

2. I thought about that, but Jool's moons are so different from their analogues that I'm not sure what a Callisto analog would look like, and I'm lazy

3. Yep. Finally someone that uses my mod!

I haven't really been playing or modding KSP for a while because everything got ruined by 1.3.1 and I was waiting for mods to update and then I got addicted to CSGO. I will get back to this mod - I promise.

1. Ah, I see.

2. Maybe you could make it a really dark moon? One that would almost be indistinguishable from the skybox? And maybe it could even be in a 1:2:4:8 resonance with Laythe, Vall, and Tylo. A quadruple conjunction could be a cool thing!

3. I don't use it yet, but I think I will when I get KSP (and Steam) on my computer.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, JacobJHC said:

Hi. I really like the pack, I just have one problem with it.

https://imgur.com/CSyXH6w

Whenever I try to land the ground sections and opens like a sliding door until I drift under the surface where it then re-slides into position.

Oh hey! Didn't I give you that only-one-Ion Duna Grand Tour challenge?

On 12/21/2017 at 8:22 AM, JacobJHC said:

Hi. I really like the pack, I just have one problem with it.

https://imgur.com/CSyXH6w

Whenever I try to land the ground sections and opens like a sliding door until I drift under the surface where it then re-slides into position.

Kopernicus problem I think. Are you running the latest version of it?

• 2 months later...

This mod isn't working with the newer versions of Kopernicus but the fix is pretty simple. 

In the config files for each body, find any instance of SharpnessNoise. Beneath it change "Noise" to "Noise:RidgedMultifractal". Within that, change "octavecount" to "octaves." It'll end up something like this:

SharpnessNoise
					{
						seed = 268919961
						deformity = 0.0100000004749745
						octaves = 4
						persistance = 0.5
						frequency = 0.5
						Noise:RidgedMultifractal
						{
							frequency = 0.5
							lacunarity = 0.5
							quality = High
							octaves = 4
							seed = 39691
						}

This works with the latest Kopernicus (1.3.1-7), but I've only tested it on the tracking station. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.