[1.3.1] Rescale! Comprehensive SD Configs [1.0.2.8] [03 Dec 2017]

Galileo

7 minutes ago, N70 said:

@Galileo I noticed on 10.675x, you can't see remotetech ground stations. I figured out this was because the distance to make them invisible was too low, would it be possible to multiply the "DistanceToHideGroundStations" in RemoteTechSettings by the Rescale factor? Here's some code that should, in theory, do it: 

@RemoteTechSettings 
{
	@DistanceToHideGroundStations *= #$@SigmaDimensions/Rescale$
}

that should make RemoteTech ground stations visible in any rescale

Thanks! that's a good one to add! I figured remote tech did that on its own seeing as how many RO users use it

Edited by Galileo

Just now, Galileo said:

Thanks! that's a good one to add!

Yeah, i'm doing a career mode with SMURFF and 10.625x. I'll be sure to tell you about any bugs I find, and fixes too, if I figure them out.

Hello, first of all thank you for this rescale. I'm trying the 2.5x version and I'm getting some visual artifacts while using SVE and Scatterer. Doesn't seem to happen with vanilla scale. Do you have any idea what might be causing it? I'm not sure which configs I should try tweaking. Thanks in advance.

This was EXACTLY what I was looking for. I've been in doubt whether or not I should switch to a larger stock solar system. I always knew Kopernicus could rescale the solar system but I was not looking forward to faffing about with all kind of config files in various other mods that would that would be messed up after rescaling. But this .... this is perfect.
I installed the dependencies, dropped in the 3.2x rescale configs and it worked. No fuss, no hassle. It just works!

Now I just have to 'unlearn' what I had learned. Dependable craft I relied on in the past suddenly won't suffice. Craft that used to reach Mun with ease now barely make orbit. But KSP is finally a challenge again. :D

@Galileo
I just spotted a minor but rather fatal flaw in the 3.2x rescale: Low Kerbin rescue contracts spawn between 70 and 100km. Stock this would be just outside the atmosphere. But with the 3.2x rescale they are just within the new heigh 100km atmosphere.

Edited by Tex_NL

1 hour ago, Tex_NL said:

@Galileo
I just spotted a minor but rather fatal flaw in the 3.2x rescale: Low Kerbin rescue contracts spawn between 70 and 100km. Stock this would be just outside the atmosphere. But with the 3.2x rescale they are just within the new heigh 100km atmosphere.

Yeah it's a pretty common issue as stock is not set up to work with scaled systems natively, so the contracts can be a messed up a little. I will look into what options I have, but I'm unsure if a true fix beyond removing rescue missions from the game.

1 hour ago, Iso-Polaris said:

can I get a reasonable life support consumption ratio if i use 6.4x rescale……

better if that can be included in the config file

So you want your life support mod to consume 6.4x more over the course of a day?

54 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

I have exactly zero problems with this solution.

I would, because I hate the rescue missions. Explain to me why I'm rescuing kerbals that I didnt hire and that I didn't put into space. Who are they and how the heck did they get there when I'm the only space program around? Really breaks the immersion for me. I have a hard enough time rescuing the kerbals that I actually do strand

Edited by Galileo

58 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I would, because I hate the rescue missions. Explain to me why I'm rescuing kerbals that I didnt hire and that I didn't put into space. Who are they and how the heck did they get there when I'm the only space program around? Really breaks the immersion for me. I have a hard enough time rescuing the kerbals that I actually do strand

I was agreeing with this sentiment.  Rescue contracts are ridiculous.  What's worse is people justifying them because of rising hiring costs.  Implementing a bad mechanic as a work around to another bad mechanic is not good design.

31 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

I was agreeing with this sentiment.  Rescue contracts are ridiculous.  What's worse is people justifying them because of rising hiring costs.  Implementing a bad mechanic as a work around to another bad mechanic is not good design.

Oh I know you were agreeing I was just ranting lol

8 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Anyone got pics of the rescaled versions?

they look exactly like the stock versions. the larger you go the flatter terrain will look due to applying realistic landscape deformity.

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, The-Doctor said:

large planets in your face while in orbit is lovely

might look a bit more epic, but it will look good. you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Now in low orbit, the textures might seem stretched a little, but this is normal for large scale bodies

Also, stock reentry vs. rescale reentry is like "Lalala~" vs. "LalalaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" *puff of smoke*

Keep orbital velocities in mind!

On another note, what about a downscale mod? I wonder what would it feel like the Little Prince...

Edited by Mipe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.