[1.3.1] Rescale! Comprehensive SD Configs [1.0.2.8] [03 Dec 2017]

Galileo

9 minutes ago, Mipe said:

Also, stock reentry vs. rescale reentry is like "Lalala~" vs. "LalalaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" *puff of smoke*

Keep orbital velocities in mind!

On another note, what about a downscale mod? I wonder what would it feel like the Little Prince...

• 2 weeks later...

@Galileo I was looking to your cfgs and I noticed that you had to add extra code to account for some SD shortcomings.

I'd like to add some code to SD in order to enhance compatibility and reduce the fiddling required for a very basic rescale.

specifically, I am referring to your code for EVE and scatterer and stock antennas

is there something specific I should know about those mods when looking to add compatibility?

Edited by Sigma88

10 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

@Galileo I was looking to your cfgs and I noticed that you had to add extra code to account for some SD shortcomings.

I'd like to add some code to SD in order to enhance compatibility and reduce the fiddling required for a very basic rescale.

specifically, I am referring to your code for EVE and scatterer and stock antennas

is there something specific I should know about those mods when looking to add compatibility?

No, everything is pretty straight forward. The EVE cloud altitude is just personal taste. I feel letting SD scale the altitude makes for some extremely unrealistic 

23 hours ago, Galileo said:

No, everything is pretty straight forward. The EVE cloud altitude is just personal taste. I feel letting SD scale the altitude makes for some extremely unrealistic 

ok, I've managed to write a plugin to add scatterer compatibility to SD

I've opened a github issue and pinged you there, if you can take a look I would apreciate your opinion since I have literally zero knowledge about scatterer

On 8/14/2017 at 11:57 AM, Tex_NL said:

@Galileo
I just spotted a minor but rather fatal flaw in the 3.2x rescale: Low Kerbin rescue contracts spawn between 70 and 100km. Stock this would be just outside the atmosphere. But with the 3.2x rescale they are just within the new heigh 100km atmosphere.

I've noticed this problem for some time playing in upscale systems. Sometimes the Kerbals to be rescued are in a moderately eccentric orbit, with part of each orbit being outside the atmosphere and therefore providing a brief opportunity for rescue in space. The safest course of action is to never accept any one-star rescue contracts. :-)

UPDATE

v1.0.2.3 change log (its super huge, I know)

• Update for use with Sigma Dimensions v0.9.2 <--- awesome update!
  • Sigma Dimensions now natively handles some of what Rescale initially did.
    • Scatterer
    • Antenna ranges and power
    • DSN ranges when Custom Barn Kit is installed

Download and install instruction in the OP

Edited by Galileo

UPDATE

v1.0.2.4 change log

• Added KKtoSD support for GPP --- Requires KKtoSD
    • Kerbal Konstructs statics in GPP are no longer spread out when using larger scales
    • Will eventually include support for KerbinSide and KSC++ for stock

Download and install instructions in the OP

Edited by Galileo

Just wondering, is there a way to set the rescales to use 24 hour, 365 day calendars (so they easily sync up to the Earth Time setting in the options menu)? I am aware of the whole dayLengthMultipler setting for day rotations, but what other modifications would I need to do to sync up the calendar? I am rescaling your planet pack, but as it's a rescale question I came here.

Edited by T-10a

22 minutes ago, T-10a said:

Just wondering, is there a way to set the rescales to use 24 hour, 365 day calendars (so they easily sync up to the Earth Time setting in the options menu)? I am aware of the whole dayLengthMultipler setting for day rotations, but what other modifications would I need to do to sync up the calendar? I am rescaling your planet pack, but as it's a rescale question I came here.

On 8/1/2017 at 3:30 PM, Galileo said:

Kronometer

• I highly recommend that you this with these configs so that your in game clock and dates are correct.

This gives you accurate dates and times based on the rescale

Edited by Galileo

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:33 PM, Galileo said:

This gives you accurate dates and times based on the rescale

Thanks for the advice, and thanks for making these cfgs! I was using Kerbal 10x last time I played about a year ago, but it looks like that hasn't been updated in a while. However, I do have a question about the time issue. I have Kronometer installed, but Kerbin still seems to be rotating way too fast -- about 1/4 rotation in about 1.5 h, and thus about 4 Kerbolrises/Kerbolsets per 24 hour (according to the ingame clock) "day". Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 3:52 PM, Lechrenski said:

Thanks for the advice, and thanks for making these cfgs! I was using Kerbal 10x last time I played about a year ago, but it looks like that hasn't been updated in a while. However, I do have a question about the time issue. I have Kronometer installed, but Kerbin still seems to be rotating way too fast -- about 1/4 rotation in about 1.5 h, and thus about 4 Kerbolrises/Kerbolsets per 24 hour (according to the ingame clock) "day". Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

oh, gosh, I'm being silly. I got it: in the 10.625x scaled one, I think the dayLengthMultiplier needs to = 4 instead of = 2. That seems to fix it. I miscounted; it was 2 days per "day", not 4.

On 9/25/2017 at 9:39 PM, Lechrenski said:

oh, gosh, I'm being silly. I got it: in the 10.625x scaled one, I think the dayLengthMultiplier needs to = 4 instead of = 2. That seems to fix it. I miscounted; it was 2 days per "day", not 4.

Hmm, I wonder how that happened? lol Thanks!

EDIT: The day length multiplier is actually correct, what you need to do is set your game clock to 24 hours in the settings or use kronometer.

Edited by Galileo

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

So when using a mod like this how would I change reentry heating for a 6.4x scaled system? I am considering using DRE for it but I am not sure if that modifies the way atmo heating works.

I have no idea how DRE works as I have never used it :/ 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.