[1.3.1] Rescale! Comprehensive SD Configs [1.0.2.8] [03 Dec 2017]

Galileo

On 4/3/2019 at 11:03 AM, OhioBob said:

@PatelPratham, delta-v is proportional to the square root of the rescale/resize factor.  So for a 10x system, the delta-v is increase by a factor of 10^0.5 = 3.16 over what it is at 1x.

Good to know. I'm playing with my own RSS Rescale to one third (or 3.33 times original Kerbin) and discovered by trial and error that to reach orbit the dV requirement is a bit less than twice. SQRT(3.33) is 1.82. Not too bad.

I love RSS One Third! Next on my roadmap: Galileo 6.4!

7 hours ago, ioresult said:

Good to know. I'm playing with my own RSS Rescale to one third (or 3.33 times original Kerbin) and discovered by trial and error that to reach orbit the dV requirement is a bit less than twice. SQRT(3.33) is 1.82. Not too bad.

I love RSS One Third! Next on my roadmap: Galileo 6.4!

Would you be willing to share your RSS Rescale configs?

Sounds like a fun game. I'm currently doing a 2.5x stock game with Kerbalism. I'd like to try RSS next. Do you use all stock parts?

3 hours ago, Cruesoe said:

Would you be willing to share your RSS Rescale configs?

Sounds like a fun game. I'm currently doing a 2.5x stock game with Kerbalism. I'd like to try RSS next. Do you use all stock parts?

Unzip under GameData\UnTiersRSS (means one third RSS in French)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_j9EVxAqiGugb_Stvr8lUkR8FOCHUJe_/view?usp=sharing

I have to warn you, a lot of it has been taken directly from SSRSS configurations. I'm still tangled with some visual data from SSRSS. So you better download that mod and copy the visuals directory inside UnTiersRSS so you won't miss some clouds and textures. I've stopped tweaking my config when I decided it was "good enough". I want to spend my nights playing, not tweaking configs dammit!

You also need Rescale! and its dependencies. Scatterer, RSS, RSSVE, EVE. It works with RSSExpansion too.

I'm also using SMURFF with the following SMURFFCONFIG (I should use a patch...) :

tanklever = 0.5
    enginelever = 0.5
    podlever = 0.5

I think I went and got some SMURFF configs directly from the dev directory in github, because there has been some good tweaks that haven't been released yet.

Anyway, it took me about a month to get it to work for me. Good luck.

Ah as for parts, I use Restock, Restock+, most of Nertea's NearFuture stuff and his FarFuture parts, SSPXr, Snark's Missing History, JX2Antenna, USI Konstruction and LS, Scansat, SmartParts, ResearchBodies, Tarsier Space Telescope, Strategia and more. I have 95 folders in my GameData directory. It's a mess but it works!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Cruesoe said:

I'm not sure rescale works with the latest Korpernicus anymore.

Probably not.  Rescale requires Sigma Dimensions.  The new Kopernicus is suppose to break plugins that use Kopernicus.  So Sigma Dimensions is likely broken.

On 7/7/2018 at 8:01 AM, Galileo said:

There aren’t any visual packs specific for any rescale size. Rescale takes stock size visuals and stretches them to 2.5x, 3.2x..etc. This is why things look low res. When you take an 8k image and you stretch it 6.4x, it tends to lose detail. That’s just one of the side effects of playing on a rescaled system. There is nothing that can be done.

I work in the field of upscaling and retouching images using Artificial Intelligence. I can make crisp 16k textures from lower res ones if needed.

2 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Probably not.  Rescale requires Sigma Dimensions.  The new Kopernicus is suppose to break plugins that use Kopernicus.  So Sigma Dimensions is likely broken.

And looking on the Github, there hasn't been an update to it in about five months. Do we know if Sigma Dimensions is still being maintained or will someone have to pick it up if it's broken in 1.7.1?

1 hour ago, BobTheRocketeer said:

And looking on the Github, there hasn't been an update to it in about five months. Do we know if Sigma Dimensions is still being maintained or will someone have to pick it up if it's broken in 1.7.1?

Until now it hasn't needed an update in the last five months.  That being said, I don't know what @Sigma88's plans are going forward.  While I don't think he has abandoned his mods, he does seem to go on an occasional hiatus.  We're just going to have to wait and see what happens.  I think it's too soon to start talking about somebody else picking it up.

12 minutes ago, Atlessa said:

So no rescale in 1.7.1 currently?  :(

I haven't got it to work currently, although I'm not sure if it's an issue with Kopernicus, Sigma, or Rescale at the moment. I doubt it would be Rescale because it's just a config file, though it could be the culprit if the config file format Sigma expects has changed. I've tried both the latest release and latest development version of Sigma, to no avail.

Edited by hieywiey

18 minutes ago, Atlessa said:

My best guess:  All of the above.

Kopernicus should be working as I'm using the latest version of it that is built for 1.7.1 (10 hours old as of this post).

EDIT: See Post Below

Edited by hieywiey

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

The new Kopernicus broke all mods with plugins that depended on it. You will have to wait for them to be updated (SD)

Which is the latest version that doesn't break any plugins?

just a reminder, I tend not to read the forums very ofted but I check github multiple times every week.

if you are having troubles with my mods your best bet would be to open an issue on github

4 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Question, what do I do for Kronometer with 2.5?

Rescale is already set up to work with Kronometer.  All you have to do is download and install it.  It will make the calendar day and year equal to the rotation and orbital periods of the home world.

• 1 month later...

It has been a while, but I am still hooked on blowing up the Kerbol system - literally and figuratively!

So, as I read the x10 config Kerbin's atmosphere is only set to x1.25/changed to 87500m?
Where would I put the multiplier of lets say x1.5 just for Kerbin?
I guess somewhere into the paragraph about setting its orbit, but I dont want to mess it up. ^^

10 minutes ago, KerbMav said:

So, as I read the x10 config Kerbin's atmosphere is only set to x1.25/changed to 87500m?

That's incorrect.  The existing temperature and pressure curves are modified by the Atmosphere factor, but the top of the atmosphere is,

New height = Original height * Atmosphere * atmoTopLayer

So the top of Kerbin's atmosphere at 10x is, 70000 * 1.25 * 1.44 = 126000 meters.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.