[1.3.1] Rescale! Comprehensive SD Configs [1.0.2.8] [03 Dec 2017]

Galileo

Will NOT work with KSP 1.4.

Rescale!

v1.0.2.8 change log

• Updated for compatibility with latest Module Manager and the latest Sigma Dimensions v 0.9.6

This is the most complete set of Sigma Dimensions configs available on the KSP forum.

Due to so many people asking why other scaling "mods" don't work properly and for people that don't fully understand how to write their own cfgs, I decided to throw together some cfgs that I use in GPP, and tweaked them to work with stock and all planet packs.

REQUIRES:
KOPERNICUS AND SIGMA DIMENSIONS

All configs work with:

Sigma Dimensions now handles Scatterer scaling and antenna ranges. Hellelujah!

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Scatterer doesn't scale very well. :/ It works but you may see some artifacts that are kind of an eyesore

THE SIZES

2.5x - The optimal size for users who want a bigger system but still want to use stock parts.

3.2x - About the same as 2.5x but a step up in difficulty.

6.4x - A much larger rescale that may require you to rescale the stock parts via SMURFF or RO. Or don't. It's your life.

10x - Roughly a true to life size rescale that will definitely require SMURFF or RO.

10.625x - Closest to real life scale as you can get. Will need SMURFF or RO.

NOTE: I highly recommend that you use KRONOMETER with these cfgs so that your in game clock and dates are correct.

Will NOT work with KSP 1.4.

DOWNLOAD

TO INSTALL:

License: Public Domain

Edited by Galileo

I think that @Sigma88 actually implemented dynamic EVE layer altitude adjustment so that it didn't need to be multiplied by a scaling factor in the config (in GPP we just did it because thats how you wanted it as it looked better :P ).

Therefore:

@OBJECT,*
	{
		@altitude *= 0.62
	}

I think is unecessary... but its good for reference if anyone wants to manually adjust the height for all EVE layers.

Edited by Poodmund

19 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

I think that @Sigma88 actually implemented dynamic EVE layer altitude adjustment so that it didn't need to be multiplied by a scaling factor in the config (in GPP we just did it because thats how you wanted it as it looked better :P ).

Therefore:

@OBJECT,*
	{
		@altitude *= 0.62
	}

I think that altitude node is unecessary... but its good for reference if anyone wants to manually adjust the height for all EVE layers.

He did a good while back, but it doesn't look right in my opinion. Unless he has rewrote the way he did it in the past, I'd say it's necessary, but I also have not SD with out that node in a long time. Wasn't it rescaling the clouds by the rescale value? So at a 2x rescale, if I have an altitude of my clouds at 6k, it used to make it 12k. 10x was 60k, etc. whatever it did the altitude was way off. If that has changed I don't know about it.

like you said though, it's probably not needed, but leaving it probably won't hurt.

Edited by Galileo

@Gameslinx @StarCrusher96 @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures @ProtoJeb21 

If you guys would be so kind as to test this out with your packs that would be awesome. I added support for the stars in your planet packs. The scatterer sun flares should scale with the rescale value. I haven't tested them myself because my internet has been slow and I don't have all day to download the packs. There are some things that will be changing over the next few days but basic functionality is there.

Edited by Galileo

13 minutes ago, Galileo said:

If you guys would be so kind as to test this out with your packs that would be awesome. I added support for the stars in your planet packs. The scatterer sun flares should scale with the rescale value. I haven't tested them myself because my internet has been slow and I don't have all day to download the packs. There are some things that will be changing over the next few days but basic functionality is there.

Shall give it a go :)

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

I'll test it for KSS tomorrow :) 

Also it should be noted that Kerbin's SMA has been adjusted ever so slightly in all configs to give an integer amount of Solar Days for one Sidereal Year so that the position of Kerbin is true from an Epoch sense when compared to the in game calendar.

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

I'll try it out as soon as possible. People have been asking for Sigma Dimensions compatibility anyways, and it would be cool for IA-Revived to have all its real-life objects be real-scale. However, I would probably save SD compatibility until version 1.3.1, because I have a lot to do for version 1.3 at the moment.

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

Also it should be noted that Kerbin's SMA has been adjusted ever so slightly in all configs to give an integer amount of Solar Days for one Sidereal Year so that the position of Kerbin is true from an Epoch sense when compared to the in game calendar.

I removed that for the time being. I want to add it back but be pack specific. 

I have made some changes and have pushed an update. @Gameslinx @StarCrusher96 @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures @ProtoJeb21 If you guys could test the latest versions and let me know, I would be grateful. I didn't get any feedback last I asked so I don't know if these are working as intended. No rush, though.

GPP support has been added, but since the cfgs are included in GPP currently, there is no point to use these cfgs yet. If you want, you could delete the rescale cfg that comes with GPP and add these.

Downloads have been moved to GitHub. link on the front page.

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

I have made some changes and have pushed an update. @Gameslinx @StarCrusher96 @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures @ProtoJeb21 If you guys could test the latest versions and let me know, I would be grateful. I didn't get any feedback last I asked so I don't know if these are working as intended. No rush, though.

GPP support has been added, but since the cfgs are included in GPP currently, there is no point to use these cfgs yet. If you want, you could delete the rescale cfg that comes with GPP and add these.

I've got a bunch of time for modding tomorrow, so I'll do it then.

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

I'll start testing as soon as I stop getting distracted making a beautiful tropical city on the island of Esroniet for Skyrim! :P

2 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I'll start testing as soon as I stop getting distracted making a beautiful tropical city on the island of Esroniet for Skyrim! :P

That's what I just finished playing a few days ago. I can never get fully into it though. I spent a month modding the game to my liking, then once I was done, I had no want to play anymore. :/ so I came back to ksp.

6 hours ago, Galileo said:

I spent a month modding the game to my liking, then once I was done, I had no want to play anymore. :/ so I came back to ksp.

This is my greatest fear regarding KSP at the moment - I have spent more time in notepad++ than in the VAB recently. :o

14 hours ago, KerbMav said:

This is my greatest fear regarding KSP at the moment - I have spent more time in notepad++ than in the VAB recently. :o

The sentiment is shared. I think I enjoy (by too much) modding more than casually playing.

Small update. 

• Gameslinx root folder correctly listed in cfgs now.
  • Sun flare and ghost fade in and out are resized by the rescale value
  • A.I. Revived is no longer supported due to Sigma Dimension not agreeing with that packs cfgs.

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

Small update. 

• Gameslinx root folder correctly listed in cfgs now.
  • Sun flare and ghost fade in and out are resized by the rescale value
  • A.I. Revived is no longer supported due to Sigma Dimension not agreeing with that packs cfgs.

Will this be possible to work on the planet pack i'm developing at the moment? All my configs have @Kopernicus:FOR[BK] so stuff might work a bit smoother. If this is too much effort, do not worry :)

47 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Will this be possible to work on the planet pack i'm developing at the moment? All my configs have @Kopernicus:FOR[BK] so stuff might work a bit smoother. If this is too much effort, do not worry :)

I haven't looked ad galileo's configs but if he is using sd correctly (and I think he is) then your planet pack will be compatible as long as it is written properly

If it doesn't work it's either a sd bug (not likely) or a bug in your mod. (Or possibly a missing feature in sd)

2 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Yeah it will work, as sigma said. 

@Galileo I noticed on 10.675x, you can't see remotetech ground stations. I figured out this was because the distance to make them invisible was too low, would it be possible to multiply the "DistanceToHideGroundStations" in RemoteTechSettings by the Rescale factor? Here's some code that should, in theory, do it: 

@RemoteTechSettings 
{
	@DistanceToHideGroundStations *= #$@SigmaDimensions/Rescale$
}

that should make RemoteTech ground stations visible in any rescale

Edited by N70

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.