Ideas for KSP 2 (if someone ever does such thing)

- It starts with cars, and trains only... So you can build train tracks and roads.. Maybe you can race with different kind of race tracks. (multiplayer or best times world wide)

Few villages over the Kerbin, maybe you have to transport resources to HQ.

- different kind of combustion engines for cars and maybe steam engines for trains (at start)

- Next comes airplane missions with propeller planes (and helicopters). After that jet motors.  (First solo flight round the Kerbin)

-Then satellite missions. (no pods with kerbals until solid satellite network)

-After those you can start you space program... Goal is build cities (or villages) to another planets or even far away solar systems (FTL engines)

What you think about this? 

(sorry if there's allready topic like this one)

best regards, Jetro

ps. KSP 1.3 is AWESOME!!!!!

18 hours ago, jexter_finn said:

Ideas for KSP 2 (if someone ever does such thing)

- It starts with cars, and trains only... So you can build train tracks and roads.. Maybe you can race with different kind of race tracks. (multiplayer or best times world wide)

Few villages over the Kerbin, maybe you have to transport resources to HQ.

- different kind of combustion engines for cars and maybe steam engines for trains (at start)

- Next comes airplane missions with propeller planes (and helicopters). After that jet motors.  (First solo flight round the Kerbin)

-Then satellite missions. (no pods with kerbals until solid satellite network)

-After those you can start you space program... Goal is build cities (or villages) to another planets or even far away solar systems (FTL engines)

What you think about this? 

(sorry if there's allready topic like this one)

best regards, Jetro

ps. KSP 1.3 is AWESOME!!!!!

There are plenty of mods and add ons to choose from that are made by the community, some even add features like these. If you come up with an idea, but don't see any mods for it, you can recommend the idea, or even make a mod yourself, the possibilities are endless.

Welcome to the forums

20 hours ago, DerpzGames said:

Kerbal Space Program is stronger than ever. It is not yet the time to start discussing KSP 2.

It's hard to say this for certain.  I remember when KSP would be top of the sales charts whenever there was a sale.  Not so much anymore.  Consider that they've already begun producing DLC, and the latest hotfix is taking the same amount of time as a full update.  I think the signs are clear.  All games eventually end development, and I think people need to embrace this, instead of holding on to a false hope for infinite free updates.  Finishing a project is a good thing, and should be seen as such.

Personally, I'd wager Take Two is already planning KSP2.  I'd even say the potential profits from a sequel were the entire reason Take Two made the purchase in the first place.

Edited by klgraham1013

1 hour ago, klgraham1013 said:

Personally, I'd wager Take Two is already planning KSP2.  I'd even say the potential profits from a sequel were the entire reason Take Two made the purchase in the first place.

This.  It doesn't make sense to buy a property, and then give away everything for free.

I just hope KSP 2 lets me land on Pandora.  First thought I had when I saw it was bought by Take Two.

Welcome to the forum, @jexter_finn

First off, I would say that a second KSP would be cool, but probably not cars and trains. The game is called Kerbal SPACE Program, so even the fact that we have planes is surprising. I think a KSP 2.0 update might come out with all sorts of bugfixes and other things like that. I doubt that there will be any other Kerbal games, but it might make a good mod! :wink:

What you are suggesting here is to create an entirely new game that mostly is not even Kerbal SPACE Program. It would be false advertising to call it a sequel to a space game while it is actually just vehicle game, where you have to bite through the sour apple to get to the part of the game you bought the game for.

16 minutes ago, NSEP said:

What you are suggesting here is to create an entirely new game that mostly is not even Kerbal SPACE Program. It would be false advertising to call it a sequel to a space game while it is actually just vehicle game, where you have to bite through the sour apple to get to the part of the game you bought the game for.

^ ^ ^
Besides that, why even discuss a sequel when THIS VERSION isn't even finished yet? In contrary to what Squad thinks, believes or says there is so much more that could and should be added before KSP can be considered finished.

4 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

^ ^ ^
Besides that, why even discuss a sequel when THIS VERSION isn't even finished yet? In contrary to what Squad thinks, believes or says there is so much more that could and should be added before KSP can be considered finished.

Thats also what i don't seem to get from the KSP 2 suggestions. I think that games like KSP have no real finish line. Look at Minecraft for example, that game could have been called finished and cut from development since the 1.6 update, but they dont seem to stop adding features.

• 4 years later...