The BDA Dogfighter thread(currently in 1.2.2)

I do believe you're up next @MiffedStarfish. Just as a question,how many parts is your replica? I found that even with yesterdays matches, my computer which handled a 700+ part turboprop fine kinda didn't like it when there were many missiles and flares and other effects

I'll still give it a shot

Edited by qzgy

Welp. RIP my computer. The F-18 is 260 parts. x2, thats 520. With the other craft, I estimate about 720. And that's not even counting the BDA graphics effects.

Matches done. Best of 3, PFLP vs F-18. Winner: PFLP

Yeah, my computer could just barely cope. The problem with the f-18s is that they are just too big, and too unwieldy. And not maneuverable enough.

Edited by qzgy

Yeah, replicas just don't do too well against planes that aren't other replicas. Sorry about the part count, but it was a 1:1 replica modified into a BDA craft, not the other way round. The stock version is 505 parts with the missiles. I might try build a dedicated stock aero figh... WAIT!

F-Tech G6 F-2 Spitfire II

ek7gNnV.jpg

ZJMjw9h.jpg

v15g98X.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ouwkg7o7npff5iq/F-Tech G6 F-2 Spitfire II.craft?dl=0

Sorry about entering two in a row. :blush: (part count is 100, so much less of a strain on your computer)

17 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

No no no. The f-18 was supposed to go against the person in last place, Me, but that's ok. Can you do the f-18 vs the ASW X-18M now?

Oh, is that how its working? Yeah, sure

Actually, if the goal is to sort each of the planes on how good they are, I think it would be better to do a method of bisection. Say we have n planes and we want to sort a new one. We take plane n/2 and run the match. If it's better than that plane, we match it against plane n/4, or the middle of the new group. Repeat this until its fully sorted. Likewise, for if it looses, we do the same thing with the bottom list. Lessens the work, sorts the planes faster.

TLDR; Quicker way of sorting planes, less work for me, same results. I'm not running 8 best of 3 matches.

1 hour ago, qzgy said:

Oh, is that how its working? Yeah, sure

The new person goes against the person in last place, and if the new person wins, he goes against the person that is 1 place ahead of the person in last place etc...

Just now, dundun93 said:

The new person goes against the person in last place, and if the new person wins, he goes against the person that is 1 place ahead of the person in last place etc...

Ok.... but it takes a lot longer than above.

Just now, qzgy said:

Ok.... but it takes a lot longer than above.

But Still...

3 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Actually, if the goal is to sort each of the planes on how good they are, I think it would be better to do a method of bisection. Say we have n planes and we want to sort a new one. We take plane n/2 and run the match. If it's better than that plane, we match it against plane n/4, or the middle of the new group. Repeat this until its fully sorted. Likewise, for if it looses, we do the same thing with the bottom list. Lessens the work, sorts the planes faster.

TLDR; Quicker way of sorting planes, less work for me, same results. I'm not running 8 best of 3 matches.

But that's not a good way to tell who's better.

You know, over time, this WILL become quite a long list. If I have to run 8 matches, each 10 minutes long, thats more than an hour of my time. I'm not willing to lose that. If we use bisection (the method I listed), it would be a lot quicker. 3 matches, or so for a list of 8

9 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

But that's not a good way to tell who's better.

No, it is. It achieves the same goal of sorting a list, but faster

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_search_algorithm

ALSO, I can't run the ASW X-18

Edited by qzgy

13 minutes ago, qzgy said:

You know, over time, this WILL become quite a long list. If I have to run 8 matches, each 10 minutes long, thats more than an hour of my time. I'm not willing to lose that. If we use bisection (the method I listed), it would be a lot quicker. 3 matches, or so for a list of 8

No, it is. It achieves the same goal of sorting a list, but faster

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_search_algorithm

ALSO, I can't run the ASW X-18

Oh ok! You may do it that way. I didn't understand how it worked .Why can't you do the ASW X18?

Just now, dundun93 said:

Oh ok! You may do it that way. I didn't understand how it worked .Why can't you do the ASW X18?

Invalid parts....

What mods do you have on it?

3 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Invalid parts....

What mods do you have on it?

• BDArmory
  • BDArmoryContinued
  • Squad (stock)
  • TweakScale - Rescale Everything!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.